It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Return of the 9 Gods,The Visitation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Caver78

Maybe so. I will not debate one way or the other because I am looking at this in one context.

The Nine, IMO, is real and will return.

edit on 7-7-2012 by cry93 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
But I thought we were using a different Callender to them? How do we even know what they say 2012 is what ewe think 2012 is

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Although this isnt really compelling evidence to suggest a future visitation, it is only a matter of time til we are visited again.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

This is actually a good question. I have a few ideas. I will start with the biggest as first.

Aren't we taught that time either does not exist OR it may be linear versus cyclical? I have shared the following here before. I suspect that the Maya/Olmecs and other Natives were keeping a type of timeline marking events. It may not be "time" in the manner in which we understand. I know, 4th and long. But please consider.

Maybe switching between Gregorian and Julian calenders will account for this deficiency that we see as time?

Or could it be switching from a Lunar calendar to a Solar calendar? I also believe I read that some Natives have a religious calendar that they use to mark time, too.

We just don't know. But again, I feel like The Nine really do exist.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

This is how:

To find the Lon­g Count date that corresponds with any Gregorian date, you'll need to count the days from the beginning of the last Great Cycle. But determining when the last cycle began and matching that up to a Gregorian date is quite a feat.

English anthropologist Sir Eric Thompson looked to the Spanish Inquisition to calculate the Mayan-to-Gregorian date conversion, known as the Thompson Correlation. Events that occurred during the Inquisition were recorded on both the Mayan Long Count calendar and the Gregorian calendar. Scholars then gathered dates that matched on both calendars and compared them to the Dresden Codex, one of four Mayan documents that survived the Inquisition. This codex confirmed the date long thought by Thompson to be the beginning of the current Great Cycle -- Aug. 13, 3114 B.C.

In recent years, as the conclusion of the Long Count calendar approaches on Dec. 12, 2012, doomsday theorists have predicted the worst. That Gregorian date is denoted as 13.0.0.0.0 on the Long Count, signaling the end of the current Great Cycle.

HowStuffWorks - The Long Count Calendar

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by cry93
reply to post by Caver78

Maybe so. I will not debate one way or the other because I am looking at this in one context.

No Problem, just a heads up for people interested. I wasn't disparaging the Nine.
Forgot to add, if you add in the ''Blue Moons' to the calandar, you come up with way different numbers than either the julian or gregorian timelines.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Caver78

Originally posted by cry93
reply to post by Caver78

No Problem, just a heads up for people interested. I wasn't disparaging the Nine.
Forgot to add, if you add in the ''Blue Moons' to the calandar, you come up with way different numbers than either the julian or gregorian timelines.
edit on 7-7-2012 by Caver78 because: (no reason given)

This does open up a different line dialogue but I didn't to hijack an very respectable thread. At the same time it does matter.

But why did we change calendars?

So let us get back to this thread. Could the blue moon play a roll here? Next month we do have a blue moon in late August. This is very interesting (and special) to me. That is why I added if we are following a Lunar schedule?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'll be expecting birthday wishes from you guys on the 22nd.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Just speculating but by following the lunar calendar we're ''out of linear time'' so to speak currently, and many months if not yrs ahead. Not knowing the Mayan's method of incorporating the extra moons, I'm now out of my depth in the conversation!

Anyone know how they addressed it?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by troubleshooter

No one knows the day nor time of Christs coming........ but who said that the Mayans where talking about that?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This current baktun ends on July 14th correct?
That's what I have marked on my calendar anyway...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by fallow the light
reply to post by troubleshooter

No one knows the day nor time of Christs coming........ but who said that the Mayans where talking about that?

"For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together." (Matt 24:28)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by 08051962

No I think it ends on the 21st of December... or the 12th of December. Not sure, the info I'm reading is mixed between those dates.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I never understood why anyone thought the Mayan calendar would end. Have they ever looked at the thing? It is round. There is no end to a cycle other than when you reach the point where you started, the cycle begins anew. And that's exactly what will happen on 21.12.2012.

There have been many theories floating around the web, some saying, that date has already happened some 200 years ago, some claiming the real date will be 200 years in the future in 2220. The latter has a nice ring to it at least

Let's take the one that's been circulating on facebook, that says the Mayan calendar didn't account for leap years and therefore already ended last year. I don't know about the + / -200 year theories, but the facebook rumor has since been disproven. I found a very interesting article explaining the accuracy of the Mayan calendar.

This person doesn't assign any significance to the date 21.12.2012. As far as I can see he's a math-buff that just wanted to disprove the rumor. Here's the link:

jameswatt.me...

I still have to read up on that 200 years thing, but the guy in the above link really seems to know his numbers.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradoxone

jameswatt.me...

Thank you sir! Now I don't have to waste any more of my time trying to explain to those fools who keep repeating the leap year myth why they are wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

You're welcome! As to the different theories regarding Mayan calendar, the most prominent one is the GMT correlation problem. But even they can't seem to agree on actual date. The first link wants to verify the 2012 date, the other three come up with different dates ever farther into the future:

2012:
www.levity.com...

2220:
science.slashdot.org... (click on "debunked the 2012 date" link)

2272:
www.mushroomstone.com...

2532:
users.skynet.be...

I still kind of hope for 2012, it's why I chose to reincarnate at this point in history

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatard
With all of the 2012 threads poppin up in the last hour I thought Id throw in my 6 cents. I read about a block that was found with the 12-21-2012 date inscribed that also indicated the return of the 9 gods. Ancient Aliens also had a bit on it. Supposedly, the Dresden codex had been partially destroyed so they couldnt read the end, but had speculated that ,that is what it meant. Then finding the block during the end of last year, they figured out that it actually meant what they thought. The story of Quetzalcoatl in my mind taught the ancient Maya the advanced knowledge they needed to make the calendars.
All other end of the world scenarios are specualtion in my opinion. I could be wrong. But as far as I know that block is the ONLY other reference to the date other than the Dresden. I will post some links, one is fron ABCnews so dont expect them to tell ya aliens are coming. Some say that it doesnt mean that. If the aliens came and landed, would our media even tell us, would we see it on youtube and it just fade away as fact or fiction? Unless they blew some stuff up and it was evident, like Puma Punku.
Last thing , I dont think most people realise that this isnt a wall calendar from maya mart, but a scary sophisticated accurate invention, and I feel whatever its signifigance as to the end date should be respected and not taken like a grain of salt. It is a very impressive thing that is beyond our direction of thought. AND Im no expert so DONT YELL AT ME. [>)

decipherment.wordpress.com...

emergingtruth.wordpress.com...

abcnews.go.com...
edit on 6-7-2012 by avatard because: Ron Paul will WIN !

edit on 6-7-2012 by avatard because: Obomney sucks

In my estimation, the return of the 9 gods referred to by the Mayans are the gods from the Ashtar space command, which is well known in Occult, New Age, and Saucer cult circles. The 9 gods are in reality Satan( aka Lucifer aka Anti-christ ) and his fellow fallen demons that will begin the greatest hoax in human history as Satan convinces the overwhelming majority of the world that he is Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Jesus Christ of Nazareth warned us that in Matthew 24:23-26 "Then if any one says to you, 'Lo, here is the Christ!' or 'There he is!' do not believe it. For false Christs and false prophets will arise and show great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. Lo, I have told you before-hand. So, if they say to you, 'Lo, he is in the wilderness,' do not go out; if they say, 'Lo, he is in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. For more info on the possible 9 gods of the Ashtar space command www.worldglobalexpress.com... . Keep in mind all of that the dawn of the New Age of aquarius coincides with Mayan Calendar end date that we all of know as Dec. 21, 2012.

What does this all mean? Well, I believe that Dec.21, 2012 will not be the last day of humanity but it will be a day in which a large wide-scale event will occur that will effect the future of humanity. If you ask me, I think it will be the arrival of the anti-christ, either by UFO or by some cosmic sign in the sky. All of these things should be taken as signs of the legitimacy of the Bible and Bible prophecy, that warned of these things close to 2,000 years before they occurred.

For more info on this topic you should take a look at a Prophecy Club lecture of Paul Christopher on "Demonic UFOs" -

www.youtube.com...
Also, this video that ties in HAARP, Project Blue beam, with the New Age Religion

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

Originally posted by 08051962

No I think it ends on the 21st of December... or the 12th of December. Not sure, the info I'm reading is mixed between those dates.

Yeah, I believe I saw this in a video or read it on here about that July date, but when I ran a search I couldn't find that date.

I just wasn't sure if this 12/21/12 date was called a baktun or something else.

And I know I got that July 14th date being the end of the current baktun because I immediately marked my calendar so I could see what happens. It may have been associated with a Mckenna video or thread.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
If only I could have been a fly on the wall back when the Mayans made the calendar. To hear (somehow as a fly lol) what they said as they were making it. I wonder what they would think of us today as we try to figure it out, would they laugh? Would they tell us we got it right?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 08051962

No, the current Baktun ends on the 21st of December. That's what all of this is about. On that date the calendar will roll over to the 13th Baktun.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join