It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Class Solar Flare Unleashed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
Before this year is out a MCE will pulsate from 60% of the suns surface. Transformers around the world will blow, it takes world governments too long to shut off the power grids, a network which is outdated and already faulty.

Earth will take a direct hit. You'll be told not to go outside on the day we get bombarded. 70% of satellites will be fried.

And this comes from...? Wishful thinking? Own sun forecast system in your backyard?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KingJod
So, i know this might not be anything. But I feel the need to ask. With the FBI saying there will be a black out for most internet users. Because of some virus. Could that be a way for them if we got hit by the right solar flare to knock out the internet. For them to say it was a virus and not a solar flare?

I know by saying this , they would have known the sun would be shooting flares by this time months in advance. But how do we know they dont have tech predicting this?

It's an interesting theory but not everyone is going to lose internet service. (I'm protected) I believe there are about 64,000 internet users who are not protected in the US. That's pretty small. I do think there's a possibility of a false flag: Using us to log into the FBI link could automatically open it up to the government to shut down our internet in the future? Hmmm...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

I have Tracfone and still have service. Are you sure you remembered to put airtime on your phone?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

My phone had abundent minutes (airtime) for this month. And fully charged. BUT about one minute ago, my service returned. I called some family members to make sure.

Man, I am SO not ready for a shtf.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So, I'm in southern MD, just outside of dc. I bought a generator after the storm... Looks like I might need it next week again. I better get more gas.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Northern Md here, got storms but most lines up here are underground, rarely have outages anymore. I honestly can't tell you last time I was out of power for days. Im not sure it's happened yet.

Am prepared none the less, but yes, ( checks the horseshoe in my arse, still there ) all good.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
reply to post by BlueMule

Take my word for it

The Sun regularly goes through pole shifts every 11 years, the 12th year being the time it takes for the sun to 'calm' down after the switch. History has told us that every 250 years the pole shift is over-dramatic and the MCE's produced during the solar dis-quiet are tremendous. Why do people not talk about this all the time? Why is it not in the fore-front of our news media?
I won't get into those conspiracies, too bad, and as the evidence is completely destroyed and non-existent all you can do is take my word for it
(it bums me out too) but the STEREO telescope's (most people think it's just one.... ) run a loop for the mass public's faux entertainment.

People don't know what to look for = easy to get away with things. Our night sky's have been radially charged serveral nights this years so far. People don't notice the night sky glowing unless they can see bright neon XXX lights or McDonalds arch's.

I like to look at the nighttime sky and I have not noticed the sky glowing in any strange ways... I don't live next to any strip joints or McDonalds either. What am I looking for again?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Okay maybe it's just me, but this is not an X-ray solar flare...

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
This may sound crazy, but i swear i can FEEL the energy of solar flares hitting the earth.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Heat Wave + Old Grid + Computer virus= SCREWED

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Im wondering if this has anything to do with the Bogus Internet blackout on monday????

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MojaveBurning
reply to post by KingJod

I think that is a very interesting idea. Do you have any ideas about what the motive would be for that sort of deception? How would it benefit them?

Control of the internet, Tech that does predict solar flares and it works? Im really not sure, just read it and it popped in my head.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

According to analysts at the Goddard Space Weather Lab, who prepared the forecast, the cloud will reach Earth on July 7th around 0600 UT. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras on that date.

www.spaceweather.com...
edit on 7-7-2012 by azureskys because: wrong link

Not to worry, the March flare was stronger and we are still here

According to data supplied by the NASA Solar Dynamics Observatory, it would seem that AR1515 spans the length of 15 Earths in a row, or 118,681 miles (191,000 kilometers). Though yesterday's event was strong, it did not exceed the intensity of March's X5.4-class solar flare.

news.softpedia.com...
edit on 7-7-2012 by azureskys because: added more

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

15 earths in a row sure sounds a lot larger than the figure in both miles and kilometers. I was always lead to believe the earth was a pretty expansive place and for a sunspot compared to 15 times the earth only measuring in the 100s, of thousands of kilometers just sounds.... well ... dinky...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ilyich
reply to post by azureskys

15 earths in a row sure sounds a lot larger than the figure in both miles and kilometers. I was always lead to believe the earth was a pretty expansive place and for a sunspot compared to 15 times the earth only measuring in the 100s, of thousands of kilometers just sounds.... well ... dinky...

Earths circumference is greater than it's width....

If you took earth, flattened it into a pancake, it really wouldn't be that wide.

Those figures seem about right to me

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hey, just thought I'd bump this thread, another X Flare coming this way.
This one looks like its on a direct path.... we'll see what happens when it hits on saturday.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by osirys

I think it's here. Here in central NY at about 6:30PM hazy skys and I just lost my satellite tv. Anybody else?

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by osirys

I think it's here. Here in central NY at about 6:30PM hazy skys and I just lost my satellite tv. Anybody else?

Just lost my DishNetwork too in CT

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

There is currently minor geomagnetic storming (G1) occurring. It's possible but unlikely it has anything to do with the loss of satellite reception.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
That's not even a big flare. I've been watching that site daily for a very long time. Two long duration M flares within a short time can be worse on us than an X flare. That science is evolving and their predictions are messed up lots of times. It is an excellent information source though. We are due for a huge flare pretty soon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join