It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

X-Class Solar Flare Unleashed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Actually look for greater viscocity of the Magma Flows,,ventury effects,,
explosive gas's to increase,

heat energy,,
gotta go too Ground.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
Keep an eye out for big quakes....

Normally I'd say "meh"... maybe... maybe not...

Something that defies explanation just happened... sort of an overall "warp/warble"... you might be able to hold your breath for this one... I'd guess western Asia...

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Might have something to do with these flares bursting out of the Sun

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueMule

Take my word for it

The Sun regularly goes through pole shifts every 11 years, the 12th year being the time it takes for the sun to 'calm' down after the switch. History has told us that every 250 years the pole shift is over-dramatic and the MCE's produced during the solar dis-quiet are tremendous. Why do people not talk about this all the time? Why is it not in the fore-front of our news media?
I won't get into those conspiracies, too bad, and as the evidence is completely destroyed and non-existent all you can do is take my word for it
(it bums me out too) but the STEREO telescope's (most people think it's just one.... ) run a loop for the mass public's faux entertainment.

People don't know what to look for = easy to get away with things. Our night sky's have been radially charged serveral nights this years so far. People don't notice the night sky glowing unless they can see bright neon XXX lights or McDonalds arch's.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I'm not sure if this is aimed to make fun of what I posted or if you're actually agreeing.

I say 70% of satellites because 70% of the satellites orbiting earth have inadequate radiation shielding to protect themselves against CME's as large as the ones predicted. Predicted implies that this MIGHT happen, therefore it's the wrong word.

It's coming.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MojaveBurning

Originally posted by TechUnique

This means that depending on how the flare hits the earth's magnetic field

Please forgive me, I apologize in advance, as I am not very smart when it comes to anything science or math related.... but can't they sort of map or project the path that the flare will take? One of the links someone posted showed an animation that showed something (I guess the flare?) and it's path... like how they map hurricanes and stuff. Was that link a picture of THIS specific flare?

Also, I keep reading different things that confuse me. Does a solar flare automatically also mean a CME? And is it the CME or the Flare or BOTH that is the most potentially damaging?

I don't know a lot to be honest. I do know that any flare will reach earth in some way shape or form regardless of direction. It is the law of averages. I may be completely wrong but I'm sure it doesn't matter whether a flare is earth directed or not for it to hit out magnetic field. Don't quote me on this though..

Also strength is not always the main factor when considering the ramifications for our planet. It also has a lot to do with how the flare reacts with our magnetosphere and the magnetic/electromagnetic effects this can have depending on the reaction.

Sorry I can't be more definitive this is in no way an expertise of mine!
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

You are right, earth's magnetosphere is constantly sheltering us from the sun. When bands of the magnetic shielding are stressed too much they quite literally snap like a rubber band, whipping back to the poles from where they primarily come from, bringing with them solar radiations which in turn interact with our atmosphere creating aurora borealis.

Earth can get hit directly from concentrated CME's, Coronal Mass Ejections, that are pointed towards it.(Fear Mongering Alert) Some could potentially be strong enough to destroy our magnetic shielding totally exposing earth to very deadly sun light. This is incredibly unlikely however as earths Magnetosphere is very strong.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

Why will we be told not to go outside?

And how will a CME (not MCE) come from 60% of the sun?

A sunspot that size has NEVER been observed and I doubt it is even possible...

edit on 6/7/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Yes, the MCE is a typo I didn't care to go back and edit.
Thank you for noticing that.

During the sun's pole shift sun spot activity accelerates and becomes sporadic as magneto lines collide and pass through each other. Since we've been able to record sun spots there have been cases when the sun has had dozens of sun spots. Most of them are small, but as stated in a previous post, this pole shift is supposed to be exaggerated greatly resulting in massive CME's.

If earth took a direct hit we'd be told to stay indoors, under roofs, because as bands of our magnetosphere are shredded, while the poles would get hit first, irradiated particles could reach as far down as new york.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I predicted an event when Justin Beiber said "sixteenth chapel" on the David Letterman show a couple weeks ago. 1 plus six (16th) is seven and six letters in chapel: 7,6 or July 6 since he said this on the David Letterman show after June 7th. LETTERMAN, count the letters . The universe speaks in mysterious ways. I started a thread on this in another message board that I can't link here. Back on June 25 th i figured this out that July 6th is what the universe was talking about. And also to add, Justin Bieber was pulled over today for speeding in his car. Speeding like the solar flare from a star.The star was speeding. Ironic.
edit on 7-7-2012 by thisisnotaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

So what does your post here have to do with the current x class flare? I don't get it.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Exactly. I made a thread in may about incoming solar-polar-shift. I think it's still supposed to be in top ten news. Glad to see I'm not the only one.
Sun quadrupolar in may, Polar reversal in month or so...

Btw I usually feel kinda rage during solar storm. I always think elites could use this kind of world mood to start wars of their choice.
edit on 7/7/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
An X 1.1 is almost a non event. The possibility of a glancing hit makes it less so.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MojaveBurning

Originally posted by TechUnique

This means that depending on how the flare hits the earth's magnetic field

Please forgive me, I apologize in advance, as I am not very smart when it comes to anything science or math related.... but can't they sort of map or project the path that the flare will take? One of the links someone posted showed an animation that showed something (I guess the flare?) and it's path... like how they map hurricanes and stuff. Was that link a picture of THIS specific flare?

Also, I keep reading different things that confuse me. Does a solar flare automatically also mean a CME? And is it the CME or the Flare or BOTH that is the most potentially damaging?

A CME (coronal mass ejection) is a massive burst of solar wind caused by a solar flare. This one, a class X1.1 is the highest class flare of the 3 classes: C (mild) M (medium) and X (strongest) This flare was not directed toward earth so we are pretty safe. A glancing blow will most likely cause strong aurora borealis in the skies, a beautiful thing to see.

The highest solar flare CME we've had was an X20 back in April 2001 and it was lucky that it wasn't directed toward earth or we would've been in trouble. The one that hit Canada in 1989, an X15, caused major power outages.

We are in the solar maximum where activity is its highest so it's wise to keep watching the spaceweather site. There are many sunspots forming now so anything is possible this year!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
HELP!

IS THIS WHY I AM FLAT OUT OF CELLPHONE SERVICE? SOMEONE?

I have been without cellphone service to my 'Net10' which also is 'Tracphone'? I went to their support forum and am awaiting assistance, and while I've been -waiting- , I saw other new threads beginning on the 6th, of people having problems. I also filed a customer service request for technical support, and I got an auto email with a 'ticket #' and saying that they will respond in 12 hours.

Anyone elses cellphone service gone? Is it from this sun thing?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
So, i know this might not be anything. But I feel the need to ask. With the FBI saying there will be a black out for most internet users. Because of some virus. Could that be a way for them if we got hit by the right solar flare to knock out the internet. For them to say it was a virus and not a solar flare?

I know by saying this , they would have known the sun would be shooting flares by this time months in advance. But how do we know they dont have tech predicting this?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by KingJod

I think that is a very interesting idea. Do you have any ideas about what the motive would be for that sort of deception? How would it benefit them?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
HELP!

IS THIS WHY I AM FLAT OUT OF CELLPHONE SERVICE? SOMEONE?

I have been without cellphone service to my 'Net10' which also is 'Tracphone'? I went to their support forum and am awaiting assistance, and while I've been -waiting- , I saw other new threads beginning on the 6th, of people having problems. I also filed a customer service request for technical support, and I got an auto email with a 'ticket #' and saying that they will respond in 12 hours.

Anyone elses cellphone service gone? Is it from this sun thing?

What state do you live in? I'm in Dallas, Texas and my cell service is fine. I was having trouble with it freezing up on me but that's because I have a piece of junk phone. I don't think it's from the sun, most likely your service.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join