X-Class Solar Flare Unleashed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I just logged on to see if anyone else posted if their DISH network satellite was down - ours is here in Western NY. My first thought was maybe a t-storm coming but then I remembered the solar flare happened today.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

Yup, mines still out and busy signal on the 800 number. Usually take a lot to loss my signal here, gotta be a gully washer or worse for me to lose signal, never on a hazy day.
edit on 14-7-2012 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CINY8

I've been paying attention to this for years. We have a roof antenna and recieve local channels. When there is a flare and the tower is between the sun and us we get blocking out of the picture and sound for a while. It's usually in the evening and a little while after the flare. I tell the wife in advance we may have temporary problems if I was online. I check spaceweather a couple times or more a day. It must somehow scramble the digital signal a bit.

This is just something I noticed over the years.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

If it has an impact on TV digital signal so what about wi-fi?
Could it have for example long term impact on whole-internet speed and stability while it's still slowly loosing or getting changed bits of information? I mean something like that noise on old scratched MP3 CD.

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by PapagiorgioCZ

Our internet has cut out and phone got statically when it rained and before thunderstorms for twenty years. I had the AT&T people here many times in the past and it did no good. Finally My daughter called them again about two weeks ago and they sent a person again. This guy was good. He tracked it back about ten connections to a big line on a pole a mile away and fixed it. We have been complaining about our phone line for twenty years and it's finally fixed right. I gave up calling them over six years ago because all they wanted to do was upgrade your package and raise your rate saying it will improve. It's a good thing they sent a guy who actually wanted to help for a change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join