It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Nugent wonders if U.S. would be better 'had the South won the Civil War'

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming
reply to post by Honor93

I am not sure if you cannot read or what. I kept responding to people that were saying slavery had NOTHING to do with it and reminding them it had a lot to do with it.

I NEVER SAID IT WAS THE MAIN REASON THOUGH.
I NEVER EVEN SUGGESTED THAT.

You have yet to quote anything from me that would get me to understand why you think I said something I did not.
sorry to deflate your ego but this thread isn't about your opinion or your silly remarks along the way. since you can't stay on topic, please stick to derailing threads you actually author.

ETA: ya know what's really sad/funny, i actually read all of your posts in this thread and NOT ONCE have you indicated if you agree or disagree with the quoted statement of Ted Nugent.
you've attacked everything and everyone except his opinion -- ie. the topic of this thread.

the closest you came was here ...

Ted is a moron.
not sure how that's an opinion of his opinion but whatever, you keep thinking you're on target, maybe one day you'll actually see it.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93

Originally posted by habitforming
reply to post by Honor93

I am not sure if you cannot read or what. I kept responding to people that were saying slavery had NOTHING to do with it and reminding them it had a lot to do with it.

I NEVER SAID IT WAS THE MAIN REASON THOUGH.
I NEVER EVEN SUGGESTED THAT.

You have yet to quote anything from me that would get me to understand why you think I said something I did not.
sorry to deflate your ego but this thread isn't about your opinion or your silly remarks along the way. since you can't stay on topic, please stick to derailing threads you actually author.

Finally.
I will accept your admitting I am right here. I did not drag it out for pages, you did. You were on posts I wrote to other people and you were wrong all the way around.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by habitforming

and still yet, no where near on topic ... well done dude.
in case you missed it, i happen to agree with Ted's sentiment.
not necessarily the way he said it but the point is all the same.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by habitforming

and still yet, no where near on topic ... well done dude.

I have been busy responding to you. What have you been discussing?

in case you missed it, i happen to agree with Ted's sentiment.
not necessarily the way he said it but the point is all the same.

Not only did I not miss it
I do not even give a #!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Obviously, the U.S. would have been much better if there had never been a Civil War.

On the slavery situation, the founding fathers blew it when they allowed slavery to be legal after July 4, 1776. They could have specifically abolished slavery and made it a crime. Yes, sworn in U.S. officers (federals) would have had to go out and enforce that law, but it would have been a lot easier than a Civil War in the 1860s. It would even have been cheaper to pay the slave owners a stipend for releasing their slaves and in addition paid the former slaves restitution so they could get a new start in life.

I don't know if the Indian Wars could have been avoided, but I do know that the U.S. did not honor the treaties. If all the treaties with Native Americans had been honored, it may have been possible to co-exist peacefully.

On the states' rights issue, there should have been checks and balances put in place so that there would have been less centralized government from the U.S. capitol and more states' rights. However, slavery went against the Declaration of Independence and therefore should not have been tolerated in the states. If enforcement would have led to a Civil War in the late 1700s, then so be it. The country would have seen a lot less death and destruction in the 1700s compared to the meat grinder and raging fires of the 1800s. The slaves were freed 100 years too late, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by krossfyter

actually, if we were to be properly represented ... there would be 51 flags at the front and the end of the parade. One for each sovereign state and the One that is supposed to reflect our Unity ... but alas, all we really have is one corporate symbol that doesn't stand for much at all anymore.

as for this past 4th of July ... the only truly appropriate one would have been one in distress ... www.arthurmag.com...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join