It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French caught with hand in the cookie jar.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a decorated traitor is still a taitor. A man who would go to France for advice on whether or not we can do a preemptive strike is not the man that needs to occupy 1600 Pennsyvania ave. like him or love him, Kerry is still an internationalist. He believes that the world comes first before America. He is right about one thing, He has not changed from that war protestor who turned his back on his fellow soldiers, sailors and airmen. his efforts to gut the military and the intelligence agengies have made it harder to fight the war on terror. The man talks good but has no substance to him. He's the cotton candy man. looks like a lot, even taste good, but in the end will cause our teeth to rot out.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Marg, you know just as well as I do that mobile, texaco and chevron will not profit from the Iraqi oil. that just pure rhetoric on your part. I do find it amazing that people would vote for someone that a lot of Americans, especially the military conciders a traitor.

Sorry, but is not a lie is the truth, and I got a link to it, so say is not for the oil but I am going to bet on it until the truth comes out, because it will.

TextAfter the Iraq War of 2003, United States and United Kingdom oil giants are certain to gain privileged access to Iraq�s oil resources. Excluded from control over Iraqi oil since the nationalization of 1972, Exxon, BP, Shell and Chevron will now gain the lion�s share of the world�s most profitable oil fields. Few outside the industry understand the huge stakes in Iraq, which amount to tens of billions of dollars in total potential profits per year.

www.globalpolicy.org...

The truth will come out eventualy I predict.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Don't worry people now that we took the evil Sadam and his cronies hands out of the cookie jar, now US can hold the entire jar to himself and shared the cookies with Mobil, Texaco and Chevron.

Yeah, the sale of oil has never been a big money-maker for America. The Saudis are making money on the sale. America has make its big oil money on the extraction of the oil. Investigate the Rockefeller/Ford conglomerate for more info.

This is what I believe to be the true purpose for this war.

After the Clinton administration, government contractors, defense as well as the Bechtels and the Halliburtons, were pretty hungry for their Christmas bonuses again. These contractors, being long-time friends of the Bush family, invested heavily into getting Bush Jr. into office. This was because they knew in advance that Bush intended to go to war with Iraq. We all know that it was always Bush's intent to invade Iraq, that's been securely established. What the war on Iraq was to be was a return on investment for all of these contractors. Halliburton would rebuild and exploit the oil in Iraq, yes, but the more lucrative contracts were in the rebuilding. Building the schools, the water treatment facilities, waste treatment, power and water infrastructure, etc. This time, though, all of the profits from the work they did would be coming straight out of the American taxpayer's pocket. And it is.

More unfortunately, private security firms are making out like bandits in Iraq. These firms are paying ex-SOF professionals anywhere from $100,000 to $400,000 a year each for their services. This has become a drain on our own force, since these trained professionals can leave the military and make mad cash. Whoopsie!

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Sorry, but is not a lie is the truth, and I got a link to it.

Marg, I love your little schoolgirl, but that link you provided? It leads to a very left-leaning site, which has a decided agenda. Oil will be part of the profit, but the oil is but a small part of the big picture.

The ones who will be making better from the Iraq war are Boeing, Rockwell, Lockheed, and others who make war their business. Remember, the defense industry in this country is the most profitable next to media. The sale of oil has never really been up there.

The oil in Iraq is more of strategic importance over fiscal. Fuel is becoming more expensive, and it's a pain to transport - very expensive. This Iraqi oil will supply the American tanks, trucks, and flying machines with the needed fuel to conduct continuing operations in the area, which is certainly where they are going to be for a while. With a limitless source of fuel, and little time and effort and cost to transport it to the front, sustained operations become more logistically possible.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

his efforts to gut the military and the intelligence agengies have made it harder to fight the war on terror.

Cutting cost-prohibitive, or obsolete programs in peacetime is one thing...Bush advocating cutting combat pay, etc. (as pointed out in the first page by Delta) DURING the war!

Regardless, we're likely going to be stuck with 4 more years of Dubya, increasing wars and armed conflicts, and at least one major terror attack caused by outrage at his re-election, by islamic militants who see Bush as satan incarnate. 4 more years to go even deeper in the hole, when he inherited a budget SURPLUS! Americans travelling will continue saying "aboot" just to pass for Canadians... Yep, what a great America we'll have under Bush Jr....*sigh*

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Yes deltaChaos I have admit that even my husban job contract has been extended because the war in Iraq, as long as the war is on he will have a job and funds will be rolling.

And yes I will agree with the use of tax payer is the long term what look good in the taking of Iraq and the oil production,

This are the estimates of the long term check the tables on the link.

Our �most probable� estimate of corporate profits assumes the following:

1. 350 billion barrels of oil reserves;

2. $30 oil rent average over 50 years;

3. Recovery rate of 75%; and

4. Percentage of rent appropriated by private companies at 60%.

This are the plans for the oil in Iaq, hummm we will be taking care of that country for a long time. Oh I may say they will be taking care of us and the private companies for a long time.

Iraqi oil sure smell good.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Well thanks, DeltaChaos

But you know my link may be on the side but it does tell the future.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
One interesting fact for you all.

There is a list of people that has been published who did deals with Saddam.All the US names have been taken off because of National privacy laws.

So mock the French,Russians,and Chinese all you want the truth is still being hidden from you all.

It's not that Americans didn't deal with Saddam while sanctions were in place it's just that the names of Americans have been protected.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Verification.

Names of US companies or citizens found on the secret Iraqi lists were left out of the report on grounds of the US Privacy Act, the ISG report notes.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
One interesting fact for you all.

It's not that Americans didn't deal with Saddam while sanctions were in place it's just that the names of Americans have been protected.

Don't worry it will come out eventually nothing can be hidden for long especially during election weeks.

This iraqi mess is starting to get better and better.

TextDisclosure of talks between the oil executives and the INC - which enjoys the support of Bush administration officials - is bound to exacerbate friction on the UN Security Council between permanent members and veto-holders Russia, France and China, who fear they will be squeezed out of a post-Saddam oil industry in Iraq.

Although Russia, France and China have existing deals with Iraq, Chalabi has made clear that he would reward the US for removing Saddam with lucrative oil contracts, telling the Washington Post recently: 'American companies will have a big shot at Iraqi oil.'

Indeed, the issue of who gets their hands on the world's second largest oil reserves has been a major factor driving splits in the Security Council over a new resolution on Iraq.

this is from before the war. I know is not a reliable source but it makes sence now. Even when chalabis is out of the picture. but he was once a US intelligence "reliable source"

www.thetip.org...=404%26e=404&e=404

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
People forget the fact that it's often French corporations which "take the cookies" from Iraq. Typically, it has been shown that corporations do not show much of an allegance to any particular government/nation.

So if a country is anti-Iraq war, that doesen't mean the corporations are not going to go in there and take what they need.

Personally, people who make money off the dead corpses of individuals are indeed very greedy and careless. Making money off war where people are put in the most brutal of conditions and often slaugtered is a sign of where the human ways are going.

[edit on 7-10-2004 by RedOctober90]

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yes RedOctober90 but something is for sure now US have the whole cookie jar now and is going to hold to it even if he blows on its hands, and nobody can get it now.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
And yet another bash-on-France thread joins the lenghtening list. And the abuse that some people posting on it level at the French (even stooping so low on some threads as to put their body odor in question) shows that some Americans are just not interested in dialogue, nor in denying ignorance. They are ready to believe that spoof sites presenting the French as surrender monkeys in every war over the past 2,000 years are actually very solid historical sources. They probably also believe that every Iraqi killed by the Americans was a terrorist. And finally, a good number of them probably believe Santa Claus still exists.

I can hear those people now, clamoring that I'm discrediting them so I don't have to listen to their point of view.

Isn't that what you're doing to France?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Otts I agree with you. It�s sad when one country tries to see the thorn on another country's eye when that country in particular has a boulder sticking out of his.

France is not going to keep quiet the more it becomes accused they will spill the beans and will start pointing fingers and we are going to find out how many American companies where involved with their hand full of cookies.

Like I said, this is just getting better.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
Except for Napoleons brief reign the last time the french were a force in world affairs they were known as Gaul

Really now?

Obviously, you haven't heard of Charles Martel who stopped the Arabs from invading Europe at Poitiers (732). You haven't heard of his grandson Charlemagne (768-814), who conquered portions of Italy and Saxony, baptized the Saxons, protected the Pope against the Roman families who wanted to assassinate him, and protected Europe against the onslaught of the Vikings.

You haven't considered William of Normandy, who conquered England in 1066 and spread French Norman culture across the culture (until the 15th century the kings of England spoke better French than English). You haven't considered King of France Philip Augustus (1180-1223), who defeated both the German Emperor and the King of England in one battle (Bouvines, 1214). You haven't considered the influence of French architects who built the Notre-Dame de Paris and Chartres cathedrals on the gothic movement in Europe.

What else... obviously you've forgotten King of France Philip the Fair (1285-1314), who curtailed the Pope's power and moved the papacy to Avignon, France. You've forgotten King Louis XIV (1643-1715) who managed to put his grandson on the throne of Spain and keep him there, who encouraged the arts and gave the impulse for a century of enlightenment and philosophers (Voltaire, Rousseau, Montesquieu) who influenced people like Thomas Jefferson and James Madison.

You've not mentioned the role the French army played under Napoleon III in helping Italy achieve its unification (1858-1861). You've also not mentioned that photography was invented, among others, by one Louis Daguerre in 1839, while the first movie was filmed by the Lumi�re brothers in 1896.

Finally, you've not mentioned that in the 20th century France developed such humanitarian movements like M�decins sans fronti�res (Doctors Without Borders) and Reporters sans fronti�res (Reporters Without Borders).

Amazing what some knowledge of history and some research can do.

History is never one-sided like some of the people attacking France would like it to be.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.humnet.ucla.edu...
www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...
www.infoplease.com...
www.infoplease.com...
www.infoplease.com...
www.newgenevacenter.org...
www.rleggat.com...
www.imagesjournal.com...
www.msf.org...

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
And yet another bash-on-France thread joins the lenghtening list.

This is a bash on France thread? Great! I thought it was a bash of Bush thread. Oh wait, that's just what I want it to be. But then that's what I want every thread to be these days.

All I said about the French was that I'd rather not fight with them, that I don't care to have their support military on anything, and for good reason. And a couple or seven derogatory terms. But you got to give me the benefit of the doubt, I mean my great dis-love for the French has been in place firmly since 1995.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Well seeing as its been determined that saddam stopped all his WMD programs in the mid 90's i dont see the difference with this and the US being in bed with Saddam in the 80's and actually giving him the WMD's.

Kepp in mind the source of this was the US weapons inspector, so whats the bet there are some US companies that he failed to mention in his....

Seeing as every second week we hear about something the US has covered up or gotten wrong, we'll wait and see if any US companies get exposed.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Marg,

How are the French going to spill the beans when it was their hand in the jar.

��and I can�t believe that somebody here doesn�t believe in Santa, have you ever heard of such non-sense.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by keholmes
Marg,

How are the French going to spill the beans when it was their hand in the jar.

��and I can�t believe that somebody here doesn�t believe in Santa, have you ever heard of such non-sense.

I don't believe in Santa I believe in hard work and patience, no that I have lost mine once in a while

Now, that US has his hands in the cookie Jar, again patience is a virtue and the truth about Iraq has already been out in the open and more is sure to come.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Pretty convenient the names of US companies and individuals involved were left off the list under US privacy laws eh?

Right on. I'm tired of hearing about the French this and the French that, when US companies had their hand in the same jar. I had another thread here with a link to a state dept. report which verified this.

And of course, nevermind that we sold Saddam anthrax and muscled the French to supply Saddam with arms when it suited us.

-koji K.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join