It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEW: ISS UFO Video (July)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
IMHO, out of focus ice crystals, taking on the shape of the aperture, coming in and going out of the shadow of the ISS. Like so many before it, it fits the profile.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIrishJihad
Definitely not Space junk. That worn out argument is just a pathetic attempt to make believers look stupid but only makes you look bad.

Maybe we can start from a place of agreement and go from there:

From my "99 FAQs About 'Space UFOs'":

35 Q: How much of it is “space junk”?

A: Very little, actually – if you use the standard definition of “space junk” to mean other satellites and pieces off of them, which constitute an impact hazard to human space missions and automated satellites as well. Because all orbiting objects are moving at tremendous speeds in different directions, when they do pass closely to each other, they zip past at several miles per second. Thus they are extremely difficult to detect visually. Anything that was seen over a period of time longer than a few seconds would have to have been something closely following the observer, and thus associated with the vehicle from which the observation was being made. Now, that's unless it was somebody else’s vehicle deliberately keeping pace, of course. But "space junk" as we commonly use the term? Hardly ever, maybe never.

I prefer the term 'space dandruff' -- stuff shed off one's own spacecraft, so following an orbit very close to oneself.

And since it's small and light, it DOES occasionally 'propel itself' when entrained by thruster plumes or other effluent from air or liquid dumps. And since there are literally thousands of hours of video of such scenes from shuttle missions [ISS has much less dumping and thrusting going on], that makes lots of lots of chances for such scenes to be caught at random.

Are we still in agreement?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

Originally posted by Destinyone
I used to play that game in college...it's called Asteroids.....

Des

edit on 6-7-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

funny I didn't know Asteroids could stop moving and then start moving again on there own.

Asteroids can stop as they choose to...when they want to move, they let out a small asteroid fart to propel them along a different or the same trajectory

well that one looked more like it dropped a deuce cause something was left behind

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Please don't lose this line of discussion.

Could the object suddenly 'appear' because it came out of something's shadow into full sunlight?

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by AllIsOne
BTW: the second UFO at 2:07 comes out of nowhere. It accelerates and then seems to slow down to geo-sync orbit as the first did. ....

It sure does look like it came out of nowhere, but consider another possibility: it emerged from shadow into sunlight. When it was in the dark, it wasn't visible. Then it got very bright. Would that also account for the way it looked, do you think?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Jim,
Would you happen to know which window the STS-80 footage was shot from and what the orbiter's attitude was at the time relative to the Earth?

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity
Jim,
Would you happen to know which window the STS-80 footage was shot from and what the orbiter's attitude was at the time relative to the Earth?

This ought to cover it:

www.realufos.net...

crewman Tom Jones account:

skywalking1.wordpress.com...

Story Musgrave assessment [I worked with Musgrave since 1981 on his first shuttle flights, I had an office down the hall from him in Bldg 4 at JSC].

Dr. Story Musgrave
Email from Jim Oberg // Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2009 5:00 PM
Subject: Oberg's solution to your STS-80 'UFO' video
Dear Story --
…it was great seeing you in Florida, and the Baykonur leg was fantastic…
Here's a piece of 'old business' -- the kinds of questions that keep coming up about 'dancing dots' on PLB videos on night passes (and at sunrise) over the years. One spectacular sequence was shown to you on a TV program, they ambushed you without providing context such as illumination conditions and even crew activities, and you answered graciously and candidly but were never given the keys to the full explanation (probably their intent from the beginning).
I wrote up a technical assessment of the video (and of a number of other famous 'UFO videos') showing they were nearby sunlit debris looking 'unearthy' (like you'd expect away from Earth). I'm linking to it below, for your use, and I'd hope you could give me your appraisal of how close I came to fully explaining it.
There are hundreds of thousands of kids out there seeing youtube videos of UFOs buzzing space shuttle missions. It's not just the UFO buffs anymore, it's much more widespread and it's impacting the attitudes of a lot of pro-space young people. I want to get more rational, prosaic explanations onto my website to offer a counter to this silliness. Can you help with quotable encouragement and other insights?
Thanks!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

BTW: the second UFO at 2:07 comes out of nowhere. It accelerates and then seems to slow down to geo-sync orbit as the first did. ....

It sure does look like it came out of nowhere, but consider another possibility: it emerged from shadow into sunlight. When it was in the dark, it wasn't visible. Then it got very bright. Would that also account for the way it looked, do you think?

That is certainly one explanation.

How do you explain the acceleration and then the shift to geo-sync?
edit on 15-7-2012 by AllIsOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

No one will accept it until it looks like this....maybe not even then.

posted on Jul, 16 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

That does not just about do it! A bunch of other links? What do you expect the astronauts to say, anyway...

I believe that you are getting lazy & won't discuss things in the present, thus all this 'case closed'...'been said before'...'it's been solved'...etc...not the ATS spirit, chasing off debate & snuffing out threads with 'go to my site'.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by buzzEmiller
reply to post by JimOberg

That does not just about do it! A bunch of other links? What do you expect the astronauts to say, anyway...

I believe that you are getting lazy & won't discuss things in the present, thus all this 'case closed'...'been said before'...'it's been solved'...etc...not the ATS spirit, chasing off debate & snuffing out threads with 'go to my site'.

Martyn, I'm. sorry you won't go to the listed links showing the results of careful investigations and interviews.

You seem to always want people to go to YOUR links, why the double standard?

They are not all MY links -- one of them is by a direct eyewitness, an astronaut crewman on STS-80.

All you have to respond is a vicious insinuation he is lying? ALL of them are lying when they disagree with YOUR fantastical imaginations of what MUST have been factual?

And that from a guy with a long record of being caught out at making things up -- such as a non-existent Canadian astronaut dumped from a non-existent shuttle flight for non-existent UFO testimony -- that you get mad about when it's brought up again?

Pretty weak, Martyn. Pretty bigoted and closed-minded.

Please explain why we should NOT believe what the astronaut crews say about the videos.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
On one hand, you have the actual astronauts telling us what it is, on the other, you have people saying it's a massive coverup. A coverup that goes not only through the astronauts, but on so many levels beyond.

You first look at these videos and they seem strange. These things floating all around, appearing out of nowhere with holes in the center and strobing. But, when you have an actual reasonable explanation for what they are, these UFO people continue to hold onto this belief that they are extra-terrestrial. They won't it let go. Then they have to turn it into a huge conspiracy and coverup in order for it to continue to be "UFOs". I understand it's not exciting that it's space debris or ice, but learn to let it go and move on and stop making these foolish claims.

The video below is from "UFO Hunters" and explains some of these UFOs.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ectoplasm8
I understand it's not exciting that it's space debris or ice, but learn to let it go and move on and stop making these foolish claims.

We don't have to turn our back on anomalous apparitions outside spacecraft, and we shouldn't -- because one thing they HAVE been in the past is clues to vehicle malfunction. That reason alone explains why flight crews and Mission Control always WANT to know more about anything strange that might be seen -- NOT to 'cover up' and ignore them.

Some VERY interesting things have been noticed while observing Earth and its atmosphere, stuff of genuine interest to meteorology, physics, and military intelligence. And other organizations.

And the possibility always remains open that somewhere, sometime or other, human space travelers will meet others. Or catch glimpses of them, accidentally or on purpose.

But to fulfill these important functions, it seems to me that a whole lot better approach to filtering out the distracting noise is needed, and needed urgently. There are too many noise MAKERS, either through deliberate misdirection. ego-fed self-importance posturing, or sincere misinformed wild space geese chases.

As with so many other 'UFO reports', I hope the babies aren't thrown out with the bathwater.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

We don't have to turn our back on anomalous apparitions outside spacecraft, and we shouldn't -- because one thing they HAVE been in the past is clues to vehicle malfunction. That reason alone explains why flight crews and Mission Control always WANT to know more about anything strange that might be seen -- NOT to 'cover up' and ignore them.

I understand that you can't slam the door shut on the possibility of something beyond just space debris. But in this/these particular incidents, the answer has been given as to what these "things" are. In order to keep the UFO community believing these are actual UFOs, they have to go down the path of a coverup and conspiracy. This tends to be the answer and trend for many incidents. It's on the UFO believers to prove they are UFOs, not NASA or whatever organization to prove they are not. It's convenient in the absence of proof to say: "Well, it must be a coverup" That's not an answer.

And the possibility always remains open that somewhere, sometime or other, human space travelers will meet others. Or catch glimpses of them, accidentally or on purpose.

Possible, but I think unlikely. Chances of generic life developing on one of the billions of worlds out there is likely. Intelligent life that visits us, not so much. It's not "mother natures" plan or intent to develop a species of high intelligence. As proven by using the earth as an example or control. One intelligent species of millions and possibly billions, in billions of years. Not to mention our time frame as high intelligence in relation to the age of the earth and universe. We're a very small speck in time. The chances of visitation today dwindle once you face the fact of how rare a species we are and the tiny time frame of our intelligence.

edit on 17-7-2012 by Ectoplasm8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
To all the debunkers:

HOW DOES SPACE DEBRIS CHANGE DIRECTION AND THEN GOES INTO GEO-SYNC?

I'm shouting because nobody wants to answer that question.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

To all the debunkers:

HOW DOES SPACE DEBRIS CHANGE DIRECTION AND THEN GOES INTO GEO-SYNC?

I'm shouting because nobody wants to answer that question.

Nobody's listening because the question is nonsense.

How nearby particles change direction -- hit by thruster plumes or other effluent flow from vehicle vents -- has been widely discussed and documented.

"Go into geo-sync" is meaningless jargon-speak.

If you mean how do they stop angular motion relative to the TV camera, any population of small nearby drifting objects with random motion will do that from time to time -- and when folks watch tapes hundreds of hours of random motion and SELECT those moments when it seems to happen, what is that supposed to mean except accident and coincidence? They just don't post the OTHER videos of NON- "geo-sync".

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

And that from a guy with a long record of being caught out at making things up -- such as a non-existent Canadian astronaut dumped from a non-existent shuttle flight for non-existent UFO testimony -- that you get mad about when it's brought up again?

Pretty weak, Martyn. Pretty bigoted and closed-minded.

Please explain why we should NOT believe what the astronaut crews say about the videos.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by buzzEmiller

JIM...how else do you think CSA astronaut Mark Hatfield got his "last minute" 1st ever flight...?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by charlyv

You are wrong re the ISS...it's from STS 80 & these are not ice crystals!

The ice theory gets shot down by science. No small body of ice, let alone water can exist alone in space. If small bits of ice were floating about space, they should dissolve very quickly under intense, not mild, radiation & energy from the sun.

So what are these supposed "ice crystals" doing existing in space, & why are they not dissolving from our view in a matter of seconds as they should?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

Correct..you can not close the door on something other than "space debris". There is a growing belief among UFO researchers, that the Earth may be surrounded by a "shadow" biosphere, & many of the objects on the NASA video may indeed be a part of this biosphere, which is full of free energy...(maybe that is the real "energy" the STS 75 tether mission was trying to 'mine' when it 'broke' ?)...

The objects seen on the NASA video might actually be living UFOs.

I do not think that we can rule out the possibility that there are other living beings that may perhaps live in space & be able to travel through space the same way our own body is made up of other living organisms that travel all throughout the human body.

What if these plasma-like creatures are alive? What if they are so full of energy & electrical power, that they can use their energy to propel through & conquer vast distances in space?

If this is true, then we are on the verge of a discovery that could allow us to utilize their energy source, a plasma of energy, to conquer the problem of finding an energy source powerful enough to create propulsion systems sufficient to reach & go beyond light speed. If we could only capture one of these plasma-like beings & study it...we would have our answer!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by buzzEmiller
reply to post by buzzEmiller

JIM...how else do you think CSA astronaut Mark Hatfield got his "last minute" 1st ever flight...?

Thanks for the detailed response to my question, Martyn.

In the universe I live in, the Canadian astronaut's name is Chris Hadfield, NOT "Mark Hatfield".

His first flight was on STS-74, launched on November 12, 1995.

His bio data is here:
www.spacefacts.de...
canadaonline.about.com...

Chris ["Mark" in your universe] was not a 'last minute' addition to the crew, he was named with the original crew fourteen months before launch.

The original NASA press release of that announcement, dated September 2, 1994, is here:
www.nasa.gov...

I think the only plausible hypothesis for the differences between what you claim happened, and what documentary evidence proves happened, is that you just imagine things as you go along. And I might suggest this is not the first time that has been observed to happen.

I'm open to other explanations.

edit on 19-7-2012 by JimOberg because: typos

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join