It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't believe what comes out of this guys mouth when he is told about the NDAA. Gotta see to bel

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
my take on this is that he does not actually support all those things, but he didn't want to be made to agree with the reporter who is attempting to convince him what he believes in is wrong or corrupt in some way.

so no matter what the reporter said he would stick to his guns. a blind follower but i don't believe he actually would agree with those things, he just didn't want to have to concede something he supports is wrong in anyway or let the reporter who is obviously against who he supports win.

watch him shake his head when the reporter walks away the first time when the other guy is in the deck chair.
he disapproves of what the reporter was saying.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Sir Obama just told me that you need to sign over your bank account, house, and car keys to me right now, but you can keep the clothes your wearing for now.

Little FYI for everyone here on ATS.

The man being interviewed is being a "Passive Aggressive" douchbag and the armchair reporter sounds like a candid camera joke gone wrong.
edit on 6-7-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-7-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think the man was trying to show his disaproval of anti-obama sentiment. Unfortunately, many will just ignore the arguments against obama because they think he is being unfairly targeted. Call those who disagree with him 'racists' and their arguments will never have validity; the left has a massive political machine that is extremely well versed in the use of propaganda, mix that with an apathetic base, and voila!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Not really surprised. This guy is likely very typical of the voter who voted for Obama in 2008. Obama never committed to a single positive thing during his campaign other than redistributing the wealth of the working class and creating a national security force equal to the military. I see people with Obama 2012 bumper stickers and all I can think is, "WTH are they thinking? WHY would they vote for him again? What is their logic and thinking?". This guy pretty much explains it; blind, stupid, ignorant dependents. The simply don't have the power to think for themselves, and that's pretty much what this guy said; he would go along with it because Obama said so. He didn't say he thought it was a good idea but rather, "if Obama thinks it's a good idea then he must have a reason for it".

No independent logic whatsoever, just blindly follow the other sheep over the cliff. I am officially convinced that anybody who votes for Obama is either A) Completely ignorant to politics and the state of the nation or B) They are so dependent on others to do their thinking for them and to provide for them that they have no choice but to vote democrat.

Wait until everybody's healthcare starts taking a *hit. Rates go up, coverage goes down, employers drop their policies in favor of paying fines (or, more properly, taxes). The minimum annual healthcare expenses that you must have before you can deduct them is going from 7.5 to 10% of your adjusted gross income. The limits on your flexible spending account are going to go down.

I firmly believe that if Obama would have campaigned on "Destroying America as much as humanly possible in the next 4 years", he would have met his goal in spades. And yet we have lobotomized morons like this walking around. I give up. I officially give up. Until there is a full-blown revolution, there is nothing we can do. Romney was hand-picked to be the candidate and he's handling Obama with kid gloves, just like McCain did. His campaign is designed to fail, just like McCain's was. He's afraid to say anything negative, just like McCain was. There is more than enough ammo to launch a full-scale attack on Obama regarding the last 3 and a half years but Romney is afraid to unload on him. Everything from blaming the past administration for his failures to lying about how successful GM is after the bail out. He saved one stupid plant and touts that as a feather in his ass but doesn't mention the thousands of jobs lost by shuttering Buick, Pontiac, Hummer and Saturn. After the GM restructuring the IPO was at $33, now's it's at about $25. It's bordering on being a "penny stock". This fact alone gives Romney something to truly embarrass Obama over but he won't do it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Nothing about any of this video surprises me to be honest. I am willing to bet he doesn't know or understand half the laws that have been passed in the past four years. I will be honest I don't know most of them myself. What I do know is that we have pretty much lost every freedom we have ever had within a very short period of time in the name of National Security. But in reality our votes don't count anyways so he was just enjoying his day IMO!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by logicalthinking

i CAN'T GET THE SOUND.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
He may not be as dumb as he looks or sounds.

It's a double edged sword.

It is a very real issue that instances and situations where massive numbers of lives are at stake unless you assassinate someone.

It's not a myth that the Soviets snuck in and assembled atomic bombs in the USA, Bio weapons are even easier...

So what do you do? Go get a warrant? and HOPE the vial isn't used? or do you authorize shoot on sight in these circumstances?

We all know this power can be abused, sure, we also know the consequences if it's needed and can't be used, maybe, Millions of dead, maybe Tens of millions

We have men that are authorized to kill, likely a necessary evil, guys not insane.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

We all know this power can be abused, sure, we also know the consequences if it's needed and can't be used, maybe, Millions of dead, maybe Tens of millions
reply to post by Frankenberg

power is always abused by someone at sometime, hence why giving certain powers to other people is a bad idea.
it is not a matter of if it will be misused, just when and by whom.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Propaganda. This reporter is trying to say that this is an Obama plot.
The bill was introduced by
Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon -Republican
Passed in a Republican held House 322/96 90 of the nays were dem.
Passed the Senate 86/13

No veto could stop this bill.

I do disagree with all of these bills giving away our rights.
TURN OFF YOUR TELEVISION! Especially the news. Have you ever felt wonderful, or even good, after you watched the news? Even the commercials are designed to make you feel sick and fearful.
People are fearful of terrorists so we vote our rights away.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

There's an IDIOT born every minute somewhere. Don't know where that IDIOT was from, but please, someone, take him to D.C. so they can put him out of his misery. YOU CAN'T CURE STUPID !

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The man looked like he was keeping a low profile and i personally would not have badgered someone like him as he was not giving any objective answers.He obviously did not want to rock the boat,who knows what goes on his life,not a good video to show how dumbed down Americans are for me.More like a man with nothing to say for who knows what.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
My take on the situation, was that the man was an undercover federal agent, and that is why he said everything that he said.

I suspect that he was carrying a gun, and that he was there covertly watching stuff from a distance. He was by himself, he was wearing loose clothing that would conceal a gun, he did have an ear piece that someone else could have been communicating to him through, and he most of all - he wasn't carrying away the chair that he was sitting in earlier when he left, and he was about the size and age of an older fed - including hair cut. Therefore, he had to say everything that he said. His answers were the answers of a fool, no matter who he is.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

A fine example of brainwashing and following the herd of partisanship! I am totally speechless..........

Why are you speechless? Why is everyone so shocked? Bush Jr. started a war with Iraq. Over time we found there were no WMD's. And instead of throwing him in prison, people voted for him AGAIN!

There is no sanity in this country, from the average citizen all the way to the POTUS.

Right now we KNOW that our government is gearing up for war in the Middle East to protect Israel. And we are not screaming "NO!" while there is still time.

The following is the oath taken by enlisted men:
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.

You tell me how our children dying for Israel in any way defends the Constitution of the United States. You tell me how the United States is threatened if Israel falls (and it will)?

It's all insane.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I dont believe anything from a dude wearing mascara, call me an A hole but I just cant do it

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Well put but I believe the only reason we do anything in the Middle East is because of oil.

But, I believe there is hope. Oil itself may soon become irrelevant.

If proven to work, what impact would LENR have on the petroleum industry? It is difficult to say for certain, but it would undoubtedly be significant. The vast preponderance of oil is used for transportation and heating which would now be competing with LENR. While there would still be need for petroleum chemicals and other applications, collectively these end uses represent less than about 20% of each barrel. Natural gas would not fare much better; its main applications are heating and electricity. If LENR works the impact on the petroleum industry, power generation and coal industry would be enormous.
--------The Journal of Petroleum Technology

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

I couldn't agree with you more. People being led to believe until they believe what they believe is a correct measure of society. This makes me sad. I am a fighting man, wanting good for all. I cannot fathom a walking man saying this is the right way to do things. I don't care what party you are...you say yes to this, you walk around brainwashed to MSM then that is your fault. I'm trying to teach my family the subjective view

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Noromyxo

I agree, I think the gentleman was just getting a rise out of the reporter. It began as a somewhat legitimate interview until he chased him down the street and continued to stick a mic in his face even after he said that's all he had to say. Although I also completely agree that there are plenty of brainwashed people out there who would say something like this.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
lol...

WOW

my mom is kinda like that guy too though, blind faith in our government,,,

i was like that too before i woke up...

keep on sharing truth, thank you for helping wake up our brothers and sisters....

thank you

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
reply to post by Wonderer2012

I'm sorry but ultimately you cannot blame others for your own statements.
You have the right to remain silent, as anything you say can and will be used against you, etc etc.

We all know the drill.

As an example, it's not Stephen Colbert's fault that he can twist things around and get people to say really stupid things. Smart people say "no comment" when they are ambushed and don't want to have to argue stupid crap.

Then if the person keeps harassing you, request for them to leave you alone, and then if you must, leave to avoid them until they find another target or whatever.

Point is there are all sorts of ways out.
You would think by age 60 someone would know better, living in this country for this long?

How can people possibly get by without knowing any of their rights? In this instance, the right to remain silent. But on the other hand, if he is indignant, than perhaps he is proud of what he said, means it, final story? In that case, than he has the right to state his opinion, but also must face the counter-opinions others will suggest.

IMO you are doing right here what the man in the video is doing- doesn't want to admit he may be wrong.

Rather than just agree the man was caught off guard, never had the benefit of hindsight to say 'no comment', the fact he has never heard of the NDAA and is hoping this douche bag with the mike will stop pestering him, see where I'm going?

You can't say how someone will react based on what YOU would do.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Morgenstern89
The fellow in the video was just annoyed that the obnoxious kid with the microphone was back. Who tracks someone down like that? I don't believe for a second that that guy believes what he was saying, but it's certainly going to be portrayed that way. In all likelihood it was an issue he wasn't familiar with and wasn't well equipped enough to answer, but he knew well enough that the kid with the mic had an agenda and he wasn't going to play the game. Towards the end he was just trying to get away, his tone was becoming more and more sarcastic/annoyed, he knew nothing he would say would make a difference.

It's middle school tactics. Anyone who went to middle school probably had, or at the very least, overheard a conversation like this:

"Dude, did you buy that shirt yourself?"
"Yeah."
"Dude, are you gay?"
"No."
"Dude, are you sure? You look pretty gay to me."
"Yeah, I'm sure."
"You know only gay dudes wear those shirts, right? Are you sure you aren't gay?"
"You know what, sure, yeah, I'm gay, totally gay, ok?"
"DUDE HE JUST ADMITTED HE'S GAY! OH MY GOD DID YOU GUYS HEAR THAT, HE SAID HE'S GAY!?!"

As I said, middle school, immature teenage tactics.

This isn't a case of someone being a "sheep", it's a case of a guy who was trying to mind his own business being pestered by a kid with a microphone. If the interview would have been conducted in a mature fashion I'm sure the conversation would have been much different, perhaps resulting in someones eyes being opened instead of driving them away and leaving them uninformed.

Jeez, I was worrying that I was the only one who could see this video for what it is.

TY

The man has no idea what the NDAA is, some guy he doesn't know is following him around with a mike and camera, he doesn't want to play game so just says whatever is needed to get this guy to leave him alone.

edit on 7-7-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join