It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army To March On London...

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hyena
My father is an senior officer in the MOD Police, a firearms commander, anti terrorism officer with 30 years of service with good conduct medals etc.

His reward? Being laid off 3 years before retirement, having most of his force dismantled and most of his budget cut.

The government really knows how to reward its defenders.

Bastards hey?? We also have guys who have been retired early just to save money whilst MoD penpushers get bonuses for doing so!... Pfffffft

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by CX

A couple of the FB pages have gone from "public" to "secret"...

Might be why you cannot find it?

You are correct.. But that is because the admins want operational security.. IMO, we need to get the word out for good or ill... That is why people like me have broken SOP's

CX

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Saw this on the newspaper review on Sky News this morning....can't see anything online except the Mail atthe moment though...

More than 400 serving and retired troops will this week descend on Parliament to confront David Cameron in a protest unprecedented in the history of the British Army.

Officers and soldiers from the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers will mount the Army’s first picket of the Palace of Westminster on Thursday after the Government axed its second battalion.

Despite being threatened with court martial, serving soldiers are due to join their retired colleagues on the march, which coincides with a Parliamentary debate about defence cuts.

Soldiers risk court martial in first march on Houses of Parliament since Cromwell: More than 400 troops to protest over axeing of Fusiliers

Well at least this is being highlighted in a major newspaper before the event, unlike last time.

The Army forbids their participation in any anti-Government demonstration.

It is the first time soldiers have demonstrated on the streets of London since the Bishopsgate Mutiny of 1649, when 300 members of the New Model Army launched a protest against Oliver Cromwell’s order that they be sent to Ireland.

I know people are saying that these lads have nothing to lose, so it makes no odds if they are punished because of it, i just hope they aren't hit too hard as some will have families to support. Yes thats a small thing in the grand scheme of losing your job, but i'd like to at least see their remaining time in service to be as comfortable as possible.

CX.

edit on 14/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
Saw this on the newspaper review on Sky News this morning....can't see anything online except the Mail atthe moment though...

More than 400 serving and retired troops will this week descend on Parliament to confront David Cameron in a protest unprecedented in the history of the British Army.

Officers and soldiers from the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers will mount the Army’s first picket of the Palace of Westminster on Thursday after the Government axed its second battalion.

Despite being threatened with court martial, serving soldiers are due to join their retired colleagues on the march, which coincides with a Parliamentary debate about defence cuts.

Soldiers risk court martial in first march on Houses of Parliament since Cromwell: More than 400 troops to protest over axeing of Fusiliers

Well at least this is being highlighted in a major newspaper before the event, unlike last time.

The Army forbids their participation in any anti-Government demonstration.

It is the first time soldiers have demonstrated on the streets of London since the Bishopsgate Mutiny of 1649, when 300 members of the New Model Army launched a protest against Oliver Cromwell’s order that they be sent to Ireland.

I know people are saying that these lads have nothing to lose, so it makes no odds if they are punished because of it, i just hope they aren't hit too hard as some will have families to support. Yes thats a small thing in the grand scheme of losing your job, but i'd like to at least see their remaining time in service to be as comfortable as possible.

CX.

edit on 14/10/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

Its a LOT more than 400...... A LOT more

You heard it here first ;-)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is what the government have coming their way on Thursday:

I will be there too

Once a Fusilier Always A Fusilier

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

any news on other locations?

I'll be where i was last time..

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Just London mate.. This is the British Army marching on parliament mate.. Serving and ex serving.. The first time this has happened for 300 years..

An historic moment.. Cameron should be worried..

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

can't wait for it.. hope all goes well..

history in the making..

CX

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Reading the article again, i must say that i am annoyed that they don't mention the date of the march.

You'd get ten times the support if major news networks got behind this and published the date.

CX.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

There will be plenty of coverage..

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

The Territorial Army would be renamed the Army Reserve under plans unveiled by Defence Secretary Philip Hammond.

He told the BBC legislation would be needed for the change, which would also see territorials get regular Army kit, and train with full-time forces.

As part of the recent defence review, the numbers of regular soldiers is set to fall from 102,000 to 82,000, while reservists will double to 30,000.

He said the reservists would become an "integral part" of the Army.

Mr Hammond said he hoped that a number of those leaving the slimmed down regular forces would join the reserves and "help change the ethos".

www.bbc.co.uk...

A kick in the teeth to rub salt into the wound..

So, there you are, just been kicked out of the army.. oh, there's a placement as a reserve, to train with all the guys you just left.. oh and you'll keep your old kit as well..

That'll save some money.. the paperwork is cheaper for one thing..

CX

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

What is the score on being kept as a reservist when you leave the forces these days? Is it still compulsory?

After a kick in the teeth like this, i would happily tell them where to shove it.

CX.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by CX

What is the score on being kept as a reservist when you leave the forces these days? Is it still compulsory?

After a kick in the teeth like this, i would happily tell them where to shove it.

CX.

Yes, unless you have been medically discharged or sacked

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien

The Territorial Army would be renamed the Army Reserve under plans unveiled by Defence Secretary Philip Hammond.

He told the BBC legislation would be needed for the change, which would also see territorials get regular Army kit, and train with full-time forces.

As part of the recent defence review, the numbers of regular soldiers is set to fall from 102,000 to 82,000, while reservists will double to 30,000.

He said the reservists would become an "integral part" of the Army.

Mr Hammond said he hoped that a number of those leaving the slimmed down regular forces would join the reserves and "help change the ethos".

www.bbc.co.uk...

A kick in the teeth to rub salt into the wound..

So, there you are, just been kicked out of the army.. oh, there's a placement as a reserve, to train with all the guys you just left.. oh and you'll keep your old kit as well..

That'll save some money.. the paperwork is cheaper for one thing..

It'll be interesting to see how this is formulated on paper. For instance, will this mean that the former TA can be called on to fight on British soil, perhaps where the regular military would not be able to? Does it make it easier for government to call up an army on home soil?

The reason I ask is that our government has long been preparing for the collapse in Europe, and we are seeing increased protests in the UK before the real austerity even bites. I believe this move will be a double-whammy of cheaper soldiers and able to be deployed within the UK at a moments notice.

It makes sense to me that they would be seeking to do this for their own defense against a clamoring mob outside.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Good luck to all those taking part.

From Army Rumour Service website the order for serving personnel not to attend has appeared in Regimental Orders as of the 15th October.

Link

An official message arrived today forbidding service personnel from taking part, regular or TA, in uniform or in civvies, even If on leave.

Update Please pass this information on to anyone who you think will need to know.

Where & When:

09.30 Those taking part are asked to be at Richmond Terrace (off Whitehall).
09.50 Address by Brig Minter 10.00 March to Old Palace Yard, Houses of Parliament
10.15 Form hollow square, and photos.
10.30 Address by Col Gorski and John Barron MP
10.35 Move to House of Commons
11.15 Scheduled tim for Debate in House
12.15 Disperse Dress: Collar & Tie (Regimental preferably), with jacket/suit/blazer Beret & Hackle (Red & White)

Dress appropriately for the weather.

To avoid any possible risk of disciplinary action and accusations of disloyalty, serving members of the Regular Army, Territorial Army, and Cadets are not to participate in the Parade, or attend in uniform.

Much of the Press comment so far has lacked a degree of accuracy. We are not "marching on Parliament", but we most certainly are gathering to show our support to the Parliamentary process, where a debate is to take place about the future of 2RRF.

Link

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing's going to happen because it would be sheer suicidal stupidity. The Army stays out of politics. It has for the past 300 years because that's the smart thing to do. Overthrowing the Government without a mandate from the people would make the Army feared, hated and mistrusted. And rightly so.

CX

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing's going to happen because it would be sheer suicidal stupidity. The Army stays out of politics. It has for the past 300 years because that's the smart thing to do. Overthrowing the Government without a mandate from the people would make the Army feared, hated and mistrusted. And rightly so.

Agreed, nothing will happen. I like the idea, and i hope it goes well for those who do attend, but i think it will be a bit of a non event. A few may turn up, might even get a large number, but it won't be the epic drama it is being described as online.

Much of the Press comment so far has lacked a degree of accuracy. We are not "marching on Parliament", but we most certainly are gathering to show our support to the Parliamentary process, where a debate is to take place about the future of 2RRF.

Pretty much says it all.

CX.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

I've alerted a number of videographers. I hope this will result in extra documentation of the event and perhaps some interviews.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Good luck today, and please don't take this the wrong way, but I hope the police try it on with you. I think they may be in for a supprise if they do

Show us how good you are at hand to hand combat

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

It's so tempting but where would it lead us?

Many of us are actively promoting an alliance between police, military and activists.

We are the plebs and we shall be victorious.
edit on 18-10-2012 by Kester because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join