It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Army To March On London...

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
If you DO protest - remember that you'll be making history and SCARING the powers that be.

It's important that you don't lose your nerve and stand strong. I really do hope this happens.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
If you DO protest - remember that you'll be making history and SCARING the powers that be.

It's important that you don't lose your nerve and stand strong. I really do hope this happens.

I don't. The Army is supposed to be above politics and it's certainly not supposed to march on London. That looks like a coup and will terrify anyone who sees it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by Hardwired
Don't you guys see it? They want the UN troops to be the global army. So they're staging down military and are prepared to ask for UN assistance at the drop of a dime

Don't be daft..

There is no such thing as "UN troops".. You clearly haven't the foggiest how the UN works and are merely an Alex Jones tool.

He/she just got the alphabet wrong. We're talking the EU army here. This is what's really going down.
We are going to be one big happy clappy family.
www.garnertedarmstrong.org...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 8-7-2012 by starchild10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l

The CO would likely lose his commission should he or she authorise what you are asking. This cannot and will not happen, the military have never been allowed to do things like this and for good reason too. The only way you are allowed to protest is in the form of handing in your PVR.

In the military, there can be no denial on the roles of the ranks - commanders to strategise, and grunts to do the l eg work.

Why would the common soldier follow 'orders' from the commanders, whom are only equally flawed mortals, no matter how experienced they are for each day, the battlefield changes anew and experiences count for nothing?

They do so, because they have the fullest faith and trust in their commanders. It boils down to 'you take care of us, and we will take care of you, follow you into hell if need be'.

That trust is earned, and not by a command from such shmuack fresh out of OCS with one bar on his shoulders.

Today, with the govt's decision to dishonour a few of the illustrious regiments with history of loyalty, success and dedication by wiping them off the face of Earth to pay the price of bankers greed, bonuses and mistakes, they had broken that failth and trust held by the common grunts.

Govts, nations and monarch best jolly well know that no matter how brilliant a general is, he is NOTHING without his troops. If the authorities do not take care of the troops, then why should patriotic troops whom are ready to lay down their precious lives for the nation if properly taken care of, bother?

Mutiny happens. The renowned ship - Bounty, is a classic case of what actually happened. Everyone paid a price then, during a period of intense and heavy handed authoritarian rule. None escaped, from the captain to the ship mates.

Today, we lived in a far more enlightended age. May the authorities be wise and come out with better and humane solutions for loyal patriotic soldiers, or a 100 yrs from now, young citizens will be treating the govt of today with utmost contempt the way we would do now of the ship Bounty's during its time.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

There is no "ifs".... Its happening mate... There is even a countrywide demo on the 24th...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
This picture is being shared by many ex and serving troops on facebook...

Kind of sums up the mood.. And very telling...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

There is no "ifs".... Its happening mate... There is even a countrywide demo on the 24th...

Good on you. For a while in my life I've been worried that we're ALL sleepwalking into a dire pit of stagnant wretchedness imposed by corporate lobbyism, that sends our own people to die, punishes the people who want to live and have families and have a home and worse yet... attacks those who wish to make the world a better place.

If you soldiers are wholly willing to risk your jobs, ranks etc - then I hope you stand by every single student, pensioner, working person and unemployed person who have been utterly crapped on by the last few governments.

Nothing will create more of a spark than our very own military marching proudly amongst the people.

Remember the Queen supposedly represents the people (many will argue otherwise), but in essence she represents the country, the land and the people. Especially the people.

Be Brave, do NOT let the Government thugs and black uniforms stamp on you.

You have the right to march, do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

If you soldiers are wholly willing to risk your jobs, ranks etc - then I hope you stand by every single student, pensioner, working person and unemployed person who have been utterly crapped on by the last few governments.

Nothing will create more of a spark than our very own military marching proudly amongst the people.

Remember the Queen supposedly represents the people (many will argue otherwise), but in essence she represents the country, the land and the people. Especially the people.

Be Brave, do NOT let the Government thugs and black uniforms stamp on you.

You have the right to march, do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

HEAR HEAR! Absolutely Mr. Lizard! Shoulder to shoulder, the Royal Army standing tall with the people, the people standing tall and thanking HM Forces for their service by supporting them.

United we MUST stand or divided we WILL fall!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
this makes me so sad

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Any news on the march and how well this went ?

it would be good to hear some news from the march organisers

CX

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
Any news on the march and how well this went ?

it would be good to hear some news from the march organisers

I understand it's not happened yet.....it's on the 24th.

CX.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just to add a little story from the other day about a town council meeting that was 'protected' by police and a private security company.

Bags were searched and a limited number of people were allowed in on the grounds of 'haelth and safety'
Many members of the public claimed it was a 'police state situation'...

A Devon council has been accused of using Big Brother-style monitoring after police and security staff were used to marshal a public meeting.

Attendee Penny Mills said: "We were greeted at the door by police and security guards.

"People had their bags searched. I've never had a bag searched going to the local council."

"All the police and security were in the meeting. It was like Big Brother was watching you, and it was very uncomfortable."

www.bbc.co.uk...

And we will see a whole lot more of that should the cuts be made to the police force and the military..
Private security firms hiring thugs to do the bidding of best payers..

It MUST be stopped..

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

BAH sorry I spaced on the date thought it was at the weekend there ! well thats good then time to spread the word to my military friends from scotland , if they dont already know !

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

It'd be good for several thousand ex military like myself to decent of London we've all done our bit and the shower of @£$@ in Westminster is selling the boys and girls down the road no all in the name is cost cutting ,can think of other areas far less worthy of funding that won't for numerous reasons be cut in a million years .

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Most regrettably you are correct.

The only place to hit Governments is in their pockets. One 'protest' that would get noticed!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
So what they've made British troops redundant and plan on hiring mercenaries? Surely that wont save any money, on the contrary. So what is their ulterior motive?
What does the Government gain from this, obviously trained soldiers who are not loyal to the country only loyal to their pay-packet. Tis scary times indeed.

If you're looking for ulterior motives, how about, a few years down the line. 'Oh we've not much of a navy left ,our army's so small and it's a big bad world out there, so we'd better join up with the new EU army'. First step already in place - aircraft carrier sharing with France. Keep watching I assure you it will happen which ever party is in power. Anyone who thinks party lines make a difference seriously needs to wake up.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boiledeggs

Whilst some of your post may have a ring of truth to it (the desire for an EU army), the part about sharing the carriers I think you have misunderstood. The deal is not to actually physically share the carriers, but to rotate ours and theirs so one is always on duty when one is in port.

And I honestly think that within the next 5 years, the UK will be forced to re-evaluate their position in Europe. Public pressure is already quite high about the EU and it's only getting worse. Cameron won't be able to squirm away from it for much longer. If we leave the EU, we may actually find that we have to increase Defence spending and I suspect that will be the case by the end of the decade anyway.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
BBC news this evening, Wed. 11th..

A lady was being interviewed about the army replacing the private security firm to cover the Olympics.

This has to be an attempt by the government to appease the soldiers by giving them something to do instead of a private firm.

IMO, this is a slap in the face for the lads.. "oh, by the way, seeing as we'll be getting rid of you soon, we need you for just one more job.. "

And now, the latest thread;
Boris Johnson:huge parts of the Metropolitan Police could be privatised

Are we going to be seeing the boys in blue shoulder to shoulder with the troops in this planned protest march on London???

what a mess...

And would you believe it.. just been posted on BBC website

The UK's armed forces are on standby to provide an additional 3,500 troops to help with security at the 2012 London Olympics, the BBC has learned.

It comes amid fears that private contractor G4S would not be able to provide enough trained staff in time.

The Ministry of Defence has confirmed that soldiers serving with the British Army in Germany have had their notice to move shortened.

This means they could be transferred to London within a matter of days.

G4S is being paid £300m to guard the Games, but the BBC understands it has not been able to guarantee it can supply the 10,000 guards it has been contracted to deliver.

www.bbc.co.uk...

One small ray of hope shone out in the report.. But I don't think she can emphasise exactly how much anger there is now or how much more there's gonna be once everyone learns about this..

BBC defence correspondent Caroline Wyatt said the move would come as an embarrassment to G4S.

She said there was anger within the military that they were being asked to step in, not least at a time that the armed forces were being downsized.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Extralien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

Their corporate dream will end in tears.... And they are too blind and stupid to see it...

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join