It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coach stopped on M6 toll motorway in UK.. Ongoing NOW

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
some old boy making a cupa soup i heard .. paranoia before the Olympic games me thinks

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well there's a few hundred thousand pounds of taxpayers money, flushed down the drain, due to one over excited bus driver.

I'm so glad I won't be in London for the Olympics... I reckon you'll see more and more incidents like this where the authorities over react.

oh well, alls well that ends well I guess

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Its been on BBC News now, police have said it was a Electric Cigarette

just joined to post this as thought its best to tell people, ¬¬

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Wow...I bet the E-smoker felt like a proper idiot...S/He shoulld have explained what it was to the bus driver,then all this could have been avoided.
What a waste of money.

I wonder if the person responsible will be looking at trouble over this-But technically,I think you are allowed to use E-cigs on a bus,so they may have trouble getting him for that.

Wasting police time/tax money perhaps??

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
from what was said it was somone on the bus that called, so smoker wasent to blame just someone over reacting, now what may cause some issues is if the guy or girl was a muslum can see some rows about that

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
How times have changed...I remember back in the 80's this dude I went to school with used to short circuit RC car batteries in his bag during lessons so we could push the fire alarm,then miss the lesson by lining up outside getting counted.
He got away with it a few times,lots of stinking smokey fumes would come out of his school bag.
Those were the days.

If that happened today,the whole school would be swat teamed and haz matted for hours.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
From the Daily Mail,

Terror alert behind four hour traffic chaos on M6 toll road was sparked by ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE after bus passengers reported 'smoking bag' prompting armed police raid

Armed police swooped on a coach and shut down a motorway after a passenger spotted a man craftily smoking a fake cigarette into a bag and mistook it for a terror threat.

After closing the M6 toll road for more than four hours, police admitted the alert - which was treated like a major chemical incident - was sparked by a 'health improvement aid for smokers'.
The passenger had been inhaling the e-cigarette device, which emits water vapour and is legal to smoke on board a vehicle, but covered it with a bag so those around were not able to see what he was doing.
Electronic cigarettes simulate smoking and the flavour of inhaled tobacco. They are often used by people trying to give up.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
ok i get the E cig smoking out of the bag
but that leaves out the fact he was pouring liquid into the bag
whats the explanation for that?
seriuously something stinks here
could just be me but thats my POV

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

you have to pour liquid into the e cigarets thats how they give you the smoke you get from them
www.e-cig.com...
edit on 5-7-2012 by KilrathiLG because: add link

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

thanks for clearing that up for me!
dont know why i didnt look that up
myself!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
What a joke. A few questions.

How did the person ring the police without him hearing? why did no-one else notice and tell her (it almost certainly was a middle aged woman) what it was? why did no-one ask him what he was doing?
and
WHY WOULD ANYONE BLOW UP A MEGABUS?
the fact that the driver and no other passengers had a clue what was going on suggests that whoever phoned the police is a total # and probably should be arrested for wasting police time.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
its only possible to guess but here a attempt

the person that rung was a bit of a arse and possibly making a fuss and the smoker did hear them calling the police but thought nothing of it rightly believing they would be lathed at by the police.

just a attempt to answer but how many times have we all seen people making complete dramas out of situations and then calling the police.

if this was the case the police wouldent charge the woman for wasting police time for fear of that in a real incident people wouldent ring because of the risk of been wrong. Olympics only weeks away.

also i wouldent blame the driver as would be really difficult for them to understand whats going on while driving a bus at speed on a motorway

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I use a modded e cigarette and I have never poured liquid into it! I use a 10ml dropper bottle and squeeze in about 0.6ml of juice into it. The biggest "tanks" are 5ml and you normally fill before you go and that amount would easily last most people a day of heavy vaping. I would love to find out what kit the vaper was using as it must have had a dodgy switch to have produced enough vapour to have caused a terror alert on this scale. I'm sure there is more to this than meets the eye, I'm sure someone on one of the vaping forums will find more info.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
This whole situation was laughable from start to finish.
Hell, within the first hour they'd established it was a non-harmful electronic cigarette but still had to go through the motions of calling in what amounts to a full disaster response team. That is another ridiculous theme we see all too often now, the Olympics being a prime example, where most of the "security" - military, missiles on roofs, fighter aircraft on standby, helicopter gunships etc - is purely for show and pointless.

But, the belief seems to be that these various emergency and military units need to be be seen to be reacting, especially once the news cameras are watching, hence the show they put on yesterday. They all have to run to their set piece plans, in a big show of competency and readiness for the awed masses - except those poor buggers sitting in traffic while they ran with their little dog and pony show!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Hello, I'm new here, and made an account to say that, it all obviously just a simple misunderstanding, but i think the police did as their job well, there is a lot of increased security around the Olympics, Due to possible terrorism, and they are just taking everything quite seriously, to help prevent and terrorist act being carried out. And The smoke on the bus was Caused by an electric Cigarette.

James.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
So when the day comes and the like of you no longer want oppression, and suppression is upon the lot of you, who do you think will be commenting about the events surrounding the day their gone and you up to bat bug-gars!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
So from the examples here and all over the western world, People who want to cause terror and trouble can just ring up say they are worried about something and 6 hours later and loads of people inconvenienced nothing.

what I have a problem with is how is this handled well? If it was a bomber when the police arrived in their droves you wait until enough are close and boom bus gone and lots of police officers. if you storm a terrorist house boom there goes the neighbourhood and lots of police.

If you send 1 copper and no guns you can ask the caller to identify the person and ask them to explain, no threats no intimidation just good old fashion manners lesson learned about acting superstitiously . If it is a bomber boom bus gone and 1 police office. Last stress less panic less trigger happy goons sorry high alert Police officers shooting up the place.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join