It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coach stopped on M6 toll motorway in UK.. Ongoing NOW

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Coach stopped by armed police on M6 toll road in England... after suspicious behavior by one of it's passengers.

Passengers all isolated in a cordon. decontamination tents up and lots of armed police, ambulances and fire rescue vehicles on site

BBC news

for full story and live on BBC news 24

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

The guy probably had a small rock of rat poisen. The uk news will probable say it was a wmd and take away more of your freedoms.

That's what always happens

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

A passenger on the coach was seen 'pouring a liquid into a box'. The driver was told and he reported it to the police.

I do hope he was simply adding hot water to his noodles or something.

EDIT- to add now reported on 'SKY' it was liquid into a 'smoking bag' maybe his phone set on fire, I have heard of this happening.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Threegirls because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-7-2012 by Threegirls because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

A police source told BBC Radio WM a passenger was seen pouring a liquid into a box, which then started smoking.

Hmm - does this tie in with the following?

www.bbc.co.uk...

Five men and a woman suspected of terrorism offences have been arrested in London as part of an intelligence-led investigation involving MI5.

One of the six, who are aged between 18 and 30, was Tasered by police. Eight homes in west, east and north London and one business are being searched.

It is understood the arrests relate to a possible plot involving Islamist extremists, with potential UK targets.

Not saying it is, not fear-monging - just wondering.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Watching the live news.. Army has arrived and a guy in a Haz Mat suit was close to the abandoned coach.

this is getting more exciting by the minute

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

Haha, yeah, when I read the news about this and heard of him "pouring liquid into a container then smoke was seen", I thought it was probably some old duffer having his coffee while on the way to Bognor coupled with an over-zealous coach driver who is probably ex-army and has flashbacks of Afghan.....

I mean, c'mon.. If it is really an Islamic plot, why do they always go for some stupid arse soft target and even then, bugger it up so much? Call themselves terrorists? Bah, they have nothing on the IRA and they didn't frighten us so why be scared of these muppets...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Sort of reminds me of this :

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by Threegirls

Bah, they have nothing on the IRA and they didn't frighten us so why be scared of these muppets...

Damn right. Remember the underwear bomber? All the Islamic terrorists seem to have mental deficiencies.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

Exactly...

I was going to go into some detail how a much more effective, cheaper and easier to organise campaign could be run, but that might be a bad idea on reflection....

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Look at the distance from coach and everybody else, do they think its going to blow or something?

You are probably right though, someone just having a good old pot noodle and it's closed down the busiest motorway in England

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Going to laugh myself into the moat if this turns out to be someone making à pot noodle. But at least the chemical response team wont have had a wasted journey. Those things cause me to smoke too

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by BulletShogun

Exactly...

I was going to go into some detail how a much more effective, cheaper and easier to organise campaign could be run, but that might be a bad idea on reflection....

Now I'm curious. Send me a message on that.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
They have what looks like decontamination tents set up on the scene.
Hopefully its nothing serious,which I think is the case,as they took a good while to evac the bus one by one.
I would have hoped everyone would have been rushed off the bus in seconds had there been a serious threat.

Could have been a dodgy phone in someones bag which started to smoke,so they poured a drink on it maybe?

But if that was the case,surely the owner of the phone would have explained to the driver what was going on,and the cops wouldn't have needed to get involved.

Could it be the authorities have either set this up as a kind of "live drill"-or are they just using this situation to show off how they have their #together in order to deter any would be terrorists from trying anything in the upcoming olympics?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
They have what looks like decontamination tents set up on the scene.

The black and yellow inflatable one is made in my works (Hughes Safety Showers).

Pot noodle me thinks.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Man they are taking there time with the police statement!
getting there lines together with the BS they are going to feed us
eat up peeps, you no your hungry!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

You got there before me.....

news.sky.com...

Going to go check the live feed, see whats up..

Ok, i went and saw but its not 'terrorism related' apparently...

On another note, there seems to be lot happening at the moment what with those arrests in London..... wha I don't get is why the Border Patrol or Security at the Airports are letting these guys back in when clearly they have other intentions on their mind?

Seriously if they are going on holiday to the ME to train as they say.... why let them back in???

If something does happen, it will be down to Security not holding those responsible at the Airport!!
edit on 5-7-2012 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
channel4.com news is saying everybody is okay and it is not terror-related.

Twitter feeds from channel4.com say the government is NOT treating it as a counter-terrorism situation.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
There was never any threat or terror attack taking place. Probably just some guy pouring hot water on his noodles or something

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Probably someone having a crafty cig at the back of the bus, then pouring his drink on it to put it out.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Considering the time of day he was probably making some...
instant breakfast Oatmeal in his Tupperware box

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join