It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Attempt To Raid Garage Sale with AirSoft gear, Get Kicked To Curb (video)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Everytime there is someone who know his or her rights the cops get scared

I think they are just trying to intimidate you and see if you react angry
Damn he went fast out the private property

Notice when the lady request the supervisor of the 3 cops
all standing there not knowing what to do and they just want to go at this point
they make a quick exit .. "ok have a good day mam"

Thumbs up for her she wasnt intimidated at all

wish everyone could knew their rights like this

We left the children out for a minute while we ran inside and came out to these thugs fondling our Airsoft gear. I am so glad my little girl is a Copwatcher and quickly turned on her camera.

Remember, badges do not grant special rights.
Officer TOM TIPHAYACHAN, 3458
Officer ALVAREZ, 3509
Officer MANK, 3301

KNOW YOUR RIGHTS and FLEX THEM!

Thank you Copwatch and CopBlock for equipping us! Knowledge IS POWER!

and THANK YOU PASTOR DOWELL FOR BEING A PASTOR OF THE PEOPLE, NOT THIS CORRUPT STATE!

It remind me of this:

Cops Attempt to Detain a guy with a gun, Supervisor comes in ..Can i have my gun back Sir ? .. Yup !

AJ Link
edit on 7/4/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Man...I hate to see if they ever call and need help! These cops are going to remember these folks.
That's what makes it bad when someone does have a justifiable complaint. The repercussions that follow in some cases.

It didn't hurt to let the cops check out what they were selling without causing an issue...but I can see the "principle".

ETA, that it is always a good thing to know your rights. Most folks just assume that what some LEO's do is always by the book...and that is not always the case in every case.

edit on 7/4/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+72 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Okay Ben I like your threads but this one... I'm not taking the bait.
So they are selling Airsoft guns, no big deal once that is known. But they could very well be real M4s from a distance, can they not? They got a call from some other concerned citizen and are just responding to it.

So residents are holding a Garage Sale, and when a cop steps up to check out the wares, the "Private Property" card gets pulled and I'm supposed to side with the idiots selling this stuff?

This can be compared to that guy who was questioned by police while carrying an arsenal of weapons, you are right. They are trolling for police response just to put it on YouTube while crying about their rights being infringed upon.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

These people, while rambling on about their private property and rights wasted our tax payer money, plain and simple. Attention hoars.

+25 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

"The private property card" Wow man that was a whole lot of stupid right there! So lets get this straight, you don't think people have a right to private property? Mind posting your address so I can come down and invade yours? lol

Have you ever seen the cops pulling out the private property card? Would you call them out on it too? Bet you wouldn't!

Man some people just hate freedom!

+33 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

No mate, the douches that called the cops wasted police time! These people in the video didn't ask the cops to come okay! Why do you hate law abiding citizens so much?

+31 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The only thing more dangerous than a free citizen is an educated free citizen.

Know your rights and use them or lose them.

SnF

Peace

edit on 4-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82

These people, while rambling on about their private property and rights wasted our tax payer money, plain and simple. Attention hoars.

About the time she said who she worked with, it crossed my mind that they created a set up for these cops to walk into. I would have let them look had it been me, but like I said...I guess they stood on principle. It would have taken them less than 5 minutes to be gone, but would have cost much more money had they stopped to get a warrant to look at wares being sold 10 ft off the curb.

If it would have been in the home I would have stood on their principle with them. It appears that the LEO's did overstep as they did back off the property and when they do things like that there will be folks pasting it everywhere. I guess one can make it into a "slippery slope"/"give them an inch" argument. But this just would not have upset me this much. Of course I would not have had a camera and would have probably been thrown to the ground for my belligerence.

edit on 7/4/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Don't you mean those police officers wasted your tax payer money by conducting an illegal search and trespassing?
Now they will have to provide labor to deal with the complaints filed costing you even more taxpayer money..

If those police had only done things correctly, think of the hard earned money you would have saved in pillaged taxes!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

So they are selling Airsoft guns, no big deal once that is known. But they could very well be real M4s from a distance, can they not? They got a call from some other concerned citizen and are just responding to it.

So residents are holding a Garage Sale, and when a cop steps up to check out the wares, the "Private Property" card gets pulled and I'm supposed to side with the idiots selling this stuff?

This can be compared to that guy who was questioned by police while carrying an arsenal of weapons, you are right. They are trolling for police response just to put it on YouTube while crying about their rights being infringed upon.

There is so much apathy of thought here it is staggering. The cops infringed on there rights plan and simple. But the fear of the big bad gun has clouded your very thought.

Don't get me wrong cops have a tough job and just like anything there are good and bad workers.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

apparently they had a complain .. neightbors ?
or its just a lie from the cops

some airsoft guns can look like real guns
but nobody is that dumb to sell real guns in a garage sell

the cops are not dumb either .. they knew it was airsoft gear but wanted to search anyway

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

but nobody is that dumb to sell real guns in a garage sell

When's the last time you went yard/garage selling in the south??

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well done to the OP.....As they say in TV land GOOO Hooome :-)
I once was stopped by the police for simply walking home from the corner store with a can of pop in my hand.
I used to sit outside with the girl who worked there until her father or mother picked her up from work.

We are talking years ago when everything closed down at 11 pm here in Canada.
Anyways these two boys in blue stopped me and claimed I was drunk and they were going to interrogate me on the sidewalk.

I knew what was coming so I just off and booted it, they knew who I was and where I lived but once they found out that my late father was "War buddies with the head man in the department" they screwed off and never ever bothered me again.

Great video and great logic, god yes this is private property here.......I smiled all the way through the video and so we all should.

To the poster that said well they do look like real guns I say poop on that.

That is just an easy in for them and then they never leave.
My can of pop looked like a real can of pop but they stopped me because they thought I might have rum or whatever in it.

Same idea, different countries , same #ty cops every time you look.

Regards, Iwinder

S&F
edit on 4-7-2012 by Iwinder because: S&F

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Funny how the main police officer being questioned tries every which way he could to intimidate this poor woman. So the officer threatens her by saying,"I know you!", it was an intimidating insult to American culture as a whole, plain and #ing simple that normal everyday citizens have to accept this kind of treatment from people who are "Oathed" to put their life on the line for public. Looks like many have forgotten this fact and would rather intimidate citizens until it reaches an boiling over point which we are seeing globally today! You can only beat a poor blind, deaf, mute being for so long before something decides to change fates hands!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Mob with pitchforks, incoming.

Hey, they got their rights - They really showed them cops with their cameras and threats of filing complaints, super informed citizens with power...
How dare the police ensure weapons aren't being illegally sold at this garage sale (that's also private property, step off coppers!), what a police state! They want our freedoms! Arrrgh

I still say they were trolling for police response and that's all there is to it here, nothing more nothing less.

+32 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
This was a complete overreaction by the folks holding the sale..

Someone called the police, (who hasn't had a nosy neighbor), and they thought that there were weapons being sold...

The Police respond, show up, to check the sale.. the sellers had nothing to hide, and this would have been done in a minute flat, if they just let them verify that no firearms were for sale. Once they saw that it was airsoft stuff, they would have thanked the sellers for their time, logged the info, and moved on..

It's getting ridiculous these cop bashing events.. :shk:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGrunt
reply to post by Ben81

Funny how the main police officer being questioned tries every which way he could to intimidate this poor woman. So the officer threatens her by saying,"I know you!", it was an intimidating insult to American culture as a whole, plain and #ing simple that normal everyday citizens have to accept this kind of treatment from people who are "Oathed" to put their life on the line for public. Looks like many have forgotten this fact and would rather intimidate citizens until it reaches an boiling over point which we are seeing globally today! You can only beat a poor blind, deaf, mute being for so long before something decides to change fates hands!

No I bet he actually has dealt with her before. He was not that out of line he was wrong but not over the top. He should be told the proper procedure and then if he continues to do this reprimanded. Everybody loves to go to the extreme it seems.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

You'd be surprised how many guns change hands at garage sales. And how close to the real thing those silly airsoft guns can look (aside from orange tip). I'm not surprised AJ is going to run with this one, either...

The cops stepped off as soon as they were asked, their complaint will be tossed in the shredder. Nothing will come of it.

This was in California of all places, honestly this video only served to remind me how nice we still have it here compared to some other nations in the world. Americans take that for granted, case in point these yahoos.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn
This was a complete overreaction by the folks holding the sale..

Someone called the police, (who hasn't had a nosy neighbor), and they thought that there were weapons being sold...

The Police respond, show up, to check the sale.. the sellers had nothing to hide, and this would have been done in a minute flat, if they just let them verify that no firearms were for sale. Once they saw that it was airsoft stuff, they would have thanked the sellers for their time, logged the info, and moved on..

It's getting ridiculous these cop bashing events.. :shk:

While I can see your point, the problem is that they ALWAYS use the "Someone Called" excuse and that gives them full rights to enter private property (or so they think).

This has been abused many times in the past and you have no recourse. "Who called?" you ask. "Can't tell you" they say.

So if they continue to use this as their entry to your property, you have no rights whatsoever. It's like their key to your property whenever they utter these words.

Very convenient.

It's getting ridiculous these cop bashing events

What's even more ridiculous is cops bashing citizens. Now THAT is getting out of hand and people are upset that this non-violent stand against the law takes place? I think the anger is a little misdirected here.

Peace

edit on 4-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Once the police were called (if indeed they were called) and told weapons were being sold at a garage sale, they had probably cause to search the premises - They had the right to be there, legally.

Still want my home address?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join