It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Attempt To Raid Garage Sale with AirSoft gear, Get Kicked To Curb (video)

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by FORMe2p00p0n

Exception to the 4th amendment as established by the US Supreme Court -

Exclusionary rule -
Plain sight doctrine.

Also and people seem to be skipping over this. The police were disptached after receiving a phone call about guns being sold at a garage sale. California law is extremely resitrictive when it comes to the purschase / sale of firearms.

The police had reasonable suspicion to initiate an investigation to determine what was going on. The garage sale took place on the curtlige of the property. The Supreme Court has ruled cutlige is part of the home but have less protection than the inside of a home. That will be dependant on 4 factors the Supreme Court established while reviewing the open field exception to the 4th.

There is a difference between something in plain sight and a search. Plain site is something that can be articulated by the officer as being illegal / contraband by site and not manipulation only. The officer in the video looked at the guns but did not pick any up or move any.

There was no 4th amendment violation by the police...
The police responded to investigate a possible crime and upon arrival the items in question were in plain view from the street so the police did not need a warrant to come onto the property nor were they trespassing since their appearence on scene was the result of a call for service.

ONce it was determined no crime took place, the officers left...

I encourage citizens to know the law, their rights and how it all works... In this case the people telling the cops to leave were in the wrong.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

You are correct and these other people still cant comprehend it. Even what I posted earlier about the situation we encountered, we could have made entry due to it being an exigent circumstance. And to the person who said we didnt, made an ASSUMPTION the phone call was made anonymously. The phone call was made by the subject who was having a mental breakdown.

As far as TSA is concerned, there is no violation to the 4th amendment because Airports are PRIVATE PROPERTY and can be searched in any way shape or form they so choose.

I would have thought that by now, that some of you would have gotten it by now but I guess not. In relation to this story law enforcement did not need a search warrant to enter the property even if he never got a call and was asked to leave by the property owners. The officer can tell them to piss off, Why? Because the weapons are visible from the street, there is a Garage sale with the door wide open, open to the public and Rifles for sale. They may be fake, but they look real and are lethal, therefore the officer in this situation DID NOT NEED A WARRANT. And I would hope to see the people of this video take this department to court, so they can understand to that it wont go anywhere because everything I just brought up, was justified.

posted on Sep, 13 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Ben81

What pisses me off about this is the nosey-ass KGB informant neighbors who can't even be troubled to introduce themselves as a neighbor and check out the guns themselves. Instead they call in the PD (I can just imagine them snickering to themselves about getting their neighbors in trouble). Grow up morons.

Troublemaker freedom-hating libtard communist neighbors are the worst.

posted on Sep, 14 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

This is from 2 years ago.

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

Thread necro!!!!!

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join