It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Ghost Cities Popping Up in....Africa?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Really great post OP, I am really interested in these Chinese ghost-cities as well.

If it has not been mentioned already; I think that it is really intriguing that the building developments seem to be 'color-coded' on their roof-tops, as though they might be meant to be seen from the air.

And although the developments look a little barracks-like, I also find it interesting that they have made the extra expense and effort to add architectural features that might be considered attractive or pleasing to the eye. Makes me think they intend for them to be inhabited for sure.

X.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
don't think Africans need a city no one will live in for years what they need is clean water, food, and education. only if china would invest in what Africa really needs instead of this

and for the Chinese ghost cities i guess it makes sense building these huge cities for when the wave of middle class roll in that should be what like 500-800 million people??

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Are you trying to convince me that an entire empty city is composed of nothing but schools? I am having trouble believing that, for some reason.

It is an empty city. Built by the Chinese. In Africa. For no apparent reason.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Hey..the US is doing this as well...a location in the desert somewhere by nevada is already built. Claims are its being used to test new energy forms and vehicles that drive on their own..blah blah blah..

see for yourself!!!!!!!!!

www.fastcompany.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
Maybe they will use these cities to confine their sick (SARS outbreak) or to run away from the mainland if an outbreak occurs???

strange!!!!

Makes sense.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

those are some nice looking buildings but .....weird thing is ther are no stores...no nothing.but my hunch is when japan sinks it might be for them

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Perhaps the explanation is alot simpler... could they be building homes for the poor?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by warpig221
I think it's simply because the Chinese are just really, really weird.

I mean, look at some of this Chinese weirdness...

From your source:

You’d think with overcrowding like this in China they’d be able to quickly fill up those ‘ghost cities’, no?

Day at the beach in China, anyone?

edit on 4-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

Chinese food,-------- for sharks

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
they just dont build town without really having something in mind
twith just thinking people in Africa will go live there
it seems pretty much expensive and all prepared to receive a few hundred thousand people
or soldiers ?

If it is vacant like a ghost town
that mean one thing .. not yet ready to be on sell
meaning this could a town being build for the chinese themself
better building them incognito and legaly before the invasion
so when china massive army invade half of the world
they will have place to stay

they have a hundred millions soldier that will need a good place to stay
having the moral of the army high is VERY important
telling them they all have a clean new room when their shift ends
all they have to do is being extremely disciplined and follow orders

how many of these ghost towns exist in the world today build by the chinese ?
not the first time i see such thread about ghost town
they have a good cover up ..
when you will ask them about why it is a ghost town
they will answer you ..."ahh the economy is bad" ........ ya right

nice find op

SNF

EDIT : and look how China is pacted .. so many million of people by square miles
with laws to make only one child ..
its in their national interest to move and expend
the china emperor before conquered land like the US do right now
they still have the spirit to conquer but in this modern world with nukes around
need to be carefull and plan everything long before they decide that its time to invade

maybe they waited for 2012 .. like the US and Israel about to go in Syria and Iran
and they have a formidable ally in Russia .. both will form a massive red army of soldiers
they certainly receive a memo that one day .. they will invade the US by each coast
edit on 7/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

If it has not been mentioned already; I think that it is really intriguing that the building developments seem to be 'color-coded' on their roof-tops, as though they might be meant to be seen from the air.

And although the developments look a little barracks-like, I also find it interesting that they have made the extra expense and effort to add architectural features that might be considered attractive or pleasing to the eye. Makes me think they intend for them to be inhabited for sure.

They do resemble barracks, no doubt. The article said this was one of many constructions around Africa built by the Chinese, though these were the only pictures available. All of the observations you made lend to the strangeness of this city indeed…

I wish the Chinese had free press so we could find out more but I think we’ll just have to follow this story until someone moves in and starts talking.

edit on 5-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

Perhaps the explanation is alot simpler... could they be building homes for the poor?

As I stated previously, if the Chinese intended on becoming humanitarians and helping the poor they should start with the 500 million Chinese citizens living in poverty on $2 per week within their own borders.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Perhaps this is China's version of Agenda 21. Let's see if there are any walls constructed around these cities anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Reminds me of the cities they plan to build in the US for factories and workers. With billions of people and a booming economy they need to reach out and are willing to pay to hold property around the globe for their future. In Africa there will be far less if any regulations so this is no surprise.

Even if they say that their economy is booming, the unemployment rates on billions must be incredibly high, so this looks like a good incentive to leave home and work on 24 hr shifts that never end.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
those picture are incredible
the more i look at them

they even have different colors
blue yellow red orange .. perfect for soldiers if you think about it
so they know where they division are located in that massive city

cant believe all this city is ghost .. with the green herbs and the side walks and roads
china do know how to massively build
their soldier will be very spoiled

and would have no place to go if that city wasnt build

we need to know how many of those cities are in the world today ?
edit on 7/5/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The windows look like they have metal grids on them and the balconies don't have doors - it looks like a communist prison complex...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
The Chinese are a very shrewd nation and never do something for nothing.It's obvious it has their nations interests at heart and has something to do with them taking over Africa so they can get the resources China needs,as does America only America is doing it by things like KONY 2012 to instigate a fake war to go and take over.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

I think they may be building these apartments for the African people, get the cities started and then sit back and reap the reward as taxes rolls in making China richer. Not only that, but it would make China look like a Hero to the African people. This would have to look good in the eyes of the world and Diplomacy would run smoothly for them....maybe even become the New America as the UN's main world security enforcer. Which will be bad for America as she will then have to be conquered in an attempt to take the throne.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
well africa is full of resources including oil so perhaps its a sneaky trick to claim ownership as you can't really argue with who build what first when its a mega city complex

The Chinese do not have to be sneaky about claiming any resources in Africa when they all ready have deals made. I went to Ethiopia with my husband a couple years ago (he is from there) and the Chinese are building roads, highways, buildings including apartments and sky scrapers, basically infrastructure. They are doing this all over Africa in return for dibs on any resources they are there known or unknown. Most of the people I met on my trip including my hubby were quite happy about this since the entire Continent has terrible infrastructure.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by staple
My guess is that it was to house workers for factories that are yet to be built. China has moved in.

edit on 7/4/2012 by staple because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the video. That explains a lot!!
China needs resources (&food), and have moved and are moving into the poorest areas in Africa to obtain their goals, jobs, and to feed their [own] people. I haven't finished watching the video, but gathered this much in the first couple of minutes.

The Chinese are having everything imported from China to do this building of roads, railways, hospitals, restaurants, etc. Everything. All the Chinese want for their contributions to Africa is their precious resources.
edit on 5-7-2012 by RobinB022 because: None

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Wait until they start doing it in America. They "have to start somewhere." Africa is safer.

I say this because there was legal proceedings (I wish I could be more specific, but I can't remember) that were supposed to allow foreign governments to be immune to US laws while they were doing business here. See what China is doing in Africa? They may come to takeover America eventually. They certainly have the money. I remember seeing a chart of debt of countries around the world. China had the least. America had the most.

I don't know. I'm just speculating the possibility. If it's fishy, though, hmmm, have to wonder. I would not buy "Oh, no reason, just to build..." (whistling heard)...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join