It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Ghost Cities Popping Up in....Africa?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
How about this 400 acre test city being built in New Mexico?

CITE will be a catalyst for the acceleration of research into applied, market-ready products by providing “end to end” testing and evaluation of emerging technologies and innovations from the world’s public laboratories, universities and the private sector.

www.cite-city.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
It's pretty obvious, China is playing for the long run. This is an investment; once they become the leading world economic and military power, they will want to address their problem of overpopulation. What better way than to create cities to house their own?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
How about they're building it for moving tons of population out of China?
I'm no engineer but maybe overpopulation and pop.density is taking its toll on the big red country?

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by metodex
How about they're building it for moving tons of population out of China?
I'm no engineer but maybe overpopulation and pop.density is taking its toll on the big red country?

That would be a good assumption except.....these 'ghost cities' have been around China for YEARS!

Guess what? STILL EMPTY...and now they're expanding operations to Africa!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
well, its definitely strange, kinda cool, would be so weird driving around there! fun though. kinda like i am legend.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Well I highly doubt they would build buildings like this if they never intended for anyone to live in them... in my opinion they had to be built for the purpose of housing some people eventually... otherwise they are just useless assets that are slowly deteriorating and depreciating in value. Therefore I see only two possible options:

1) They intend to move many of their citizens into these cities at some point in the near-future (perhaps to help reduce the population numbers in their own nation).

2) Or they intend to house African citizens in them (perhaps because they intend to transform Africa into a first world nation and these cities may be prime real-estate in the near future).

Other than that I honestly can't make much sense of it...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
For all of that infrastructure, you would need a signifigant power source. I wonder what they are going to use? Solar or wind might be doable, but tapping into the oil that's there would just be bad news..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by 13th Zodiac

I find it hard to believe TPTB behind Agenda 21 have such far reaching connections. I've read a lot about Agenda 21 as it applies to US but haven't dug deeper into which countries are players
I need to dig into this a little deeper this week.

Simple, all signature Nation's of the U.N. No need to look any further.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
These are my thoughts after viewing the photographs.

1. Very organised - so a lot of thought is evident. Architects, builders and a lot of know how meaning a lot of people know what was being built but perhaps - compartmentalised - so builders, electricians etcetera were not privy to each others work.

2. It is still under construction - the green tarp like coverings are evident and various buildings are in various stages of completion. I'd say still lots more to come. The site has been landscaped as trees and grass have been included. No reason why the surrounding landscape could not be terraformed.

3. Not a living soul in the photographs - obviously the photographs were taken during a 'down' time with regard to work. It would be interesting to see the workers in action - constructions sites always advertise the company name on the worksite - I did not observe a single sign, advertisement or radio antenna or similar device anywhere.

4. I doubt it is for real estate development as there would be advertising signs. I'd hazard a guess that it is already earmarked for survivors (perhaps) of some upcoming world upheaval. It could also be purchased by the government of a particular country - or was built by the cabal/illuminati/whatever for the elite and relations. I fail to see how this is real estate and worth money as the money situation globally is not currently suited for developments of this magnitude.

5. When developments like this happen - someone knows and when it is 'secret' and not discussed be sure there is a nefarious reason and cartel up to no good. When something looks too good to be true - it usually is.

The colour scheme is certainly interesting - very definite 'suburbs' perhaps. All in all this thread needs more research to see who on earth is pouring untold amounts of money into building cities when sooooo many people need to get off the street, need medical attention etcetera and the money could have been utilised for farming developments for the African people.

Someone please find the answers to all our questions about this article.

Much Peace...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
remain me the 2012 movie , where the arc is located in china , himalaya..and their destination is cape of hope (afrika). Very strange..but beautifull buildings..

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Angolan infrasttructure is being developed in exchange for access to natural resources. The reason, most likely, that no one or barely anyone inhabits them is that the average Angolan probably can't afford to live in them.

Has anyone noticed the eeringly similiar appearance of these buildings to those in the Queensbridge NY Projects, despite that these are much taller.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I believe China is building in Africa because they may be #ed if Fukushima becomes a bigger disaster than most underplay it to be! We don't even have the means to fix such a disaster, yet we went rampant in making the plants all over so those who thought it was fine to go nuclear got their fat #ing paycheck of course at the cost of innocent lives as usual, this kind of practice on humanity should have been made illegal a long time ago!

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Kinda look like prepositioned barracks.

Any information on whether there are logistical facilities nearby like rail yards, airports, motor pools, or ports?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
There are MANY Chinese here (Zimbabwe). They're slowly snaking their way into our business sectors...they come here to take natural resources (that is their PRIMARY reason for being in Africa) and in return, they construct houses and buildings and bring in cheap chinese #(%& to sell.

People are beginning not to tolerate them here.
edit on 5-7-2012 by Brad-H because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ATSGrunt

Talking about China or Japan here?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Chna is establishing itself in Africa, we have resources that they want, they are putting up buildings we don't really need.
They are building, read "paying off officials" and getting nothing in return YET! But they are looking to the future and the future is Africa!
I see it here in Namibia, most of the big developments that are taking place are being built by Chinese companies, they get awarded tenders over local companies, they import workers from home while Namibian workers are ending up homeless!
They are corrupt as are many (most) officials in Africa!
"We build buildings for you that you do not need and in return we get what we want when we want or need it!"
Local officials are getting rich while the local population is getting poorer!

Just to add that I am with Brad-H on this one, we are practically neighbours and we both see the same thing happening. Huge influx of Chinese taking jobs away from the local population, buildings going up that are really not needed or needed but unaffordable for the average local population! It's real, it's happening and it's actually quite scary!
edit on 5/7/12 by wiser3 because: Comment to Brad-H

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meekbot2000

maybe they believe that a pole shift would result in china becoming inhabitable?

Now you're getting somewhere ... add US war machine to the equation and you'll get your answer.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
They are at risk of having major inflation issues there so you build it shows you are growing and no one asks questions. Sure you would have heard the stories of buildings starting as a 15 story building then 5 stories in the smash it down and quadruple the size of it. It shows growth even if it is fake and it is so dangerous that if their plan dies in the a$$ the world economy will die for a long time to come.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Maybe it is a rush to get Africas resources how better than building the people of the country building to house them and put them in good steed with the inhabitants that's what I would if I wanted the country to be on my side.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
One thing is for sure they are not for the Africans! Maybe they are for a future mining project? i dought it though,i noticed that ther looks like a school for every zone.strange.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join