It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is only one thing the banks fear

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
A panic would lead to rioting in the streets and mass starvation. But we might need it. They were too greedy and made it impossible for those not in the club to earn a living. I already abandoned the banks. I think starting a panic is against the law, but the rule of law was lost years ago.

Mass starvation? half the country is all ready on food stamps.If we quit giving money away those programs could feed a lot more.The police still protect and serve but only the rich.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I really would jump in on this and help out... but... I'm piss poor!
I'll join in on the protests and riots though.

I really agree with this concept and it really could work. Problem is getting enough people on board. Are people in a desperate enough state to come together on something like this yet? Could take some more time. Over here in the UK anyway.

Yea lets sit still and take it.But only riot when a court case doesn't go our way.Time to take the goverment back from the elite.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
reply to post by ratsinacage

Yes, you are right.

There is only one problem with your proposal. Most of us are not and will never be in a position to do so.

Those that can should do so though, then we can come and live with you, don't worry we are used to working hard and will work the land together.

Exactly but go grow your own food.Hunt and don't forget to collect your food stamps(the modern soup line)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby
this isn't the first thing ive read about this this week. i have too been thinking of drawing all my cash out off my accounts ( i will keep enough cash in my accounts to cover bills ect tho...) and keeping it in a safe. i do believe this is the only way "they" will listen. on the other hand it just be another step forward to a cash less society but saying that its coming to a cash less society as i write this through various things going on around the world. iam for one am going to with draw my money and keep it t home in a safe. hurt them were it hurts while i can... if a lot off ppl do this it might make a difference

Dissagree what do we need any money for them.Ever heard of cash?Send a money order.When the banks try to charge you $10.00 to cash a check from your employer go to Wal mart 4 bucks.These guys are thiefs stick it to the little guy is their motto.I could see a buck or two but U.S. bank charges $10.00 unless you open a account with them.Then they freeze all your deposits for 30 days because of a new accoutn.Please forgive my spelling I am mad.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ashertron
I have no idea whether or not a bank run would "hurt" the Banks BUT you should get your money out while you still can just so you have it.

If your funds are entirely electronic then you're at the mercy of:
1. The banks being open/available/staffed.
2. The banks willingness to give you your funds.
3. The banks having the necessary funds, if any.
4. The banks even existing.

If the banks close/disappear, you're screwed.
edit on 4-7-2012 by Ashertron because: (no reason given)

Get it out they are giant ponzzi scans anyway

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Castillo
reply to post by rockymcgilicutty

A run on the banks would lead to a lot more than inflation, hon.

Like what "hon" that hasn't been listed.What about isolationism?That worked last time this happen.Pull back all our troops close every base.We have oil sands and north shore.What do we need anyone else for not to mention 300,000,000 p1$$ed of people.Buy and sell American only.Freeze all chinas assets for ther south Pasific grap Reconize Tiawan.We also have a few very few real allies.Don't forget them.Japan.Britin New zealand a few others.Let the trouble makers fend for their selfs.If this groupe got togther no one could stand in our way.But first kick out the elite how much is enough for those thiefs.The only way to do this in our power is a run on the banks.A billion people take out a $1000.00 dollars what does that leave them with,and that is a small adverage.Buy gold it will only go up.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

I make a run on my bank each pay day. The money goes in and it immediately goes out to pay bills.

I'd say the majority of my acquaintances do this as well.

The bank is still there.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratsinacage
im no economist but since money is made up anyway and the banks that have it loan it out with fractional reserve banking and most 'money' on the books is only digital seems to me a bank run would be mostly symbolic and the people would suffer the most from doing it. Additionally, even if the actual printed money had value as soon as everyone withdraws it and causes the economy to grind to a halt or nearly so then the money would begin to lose value anyway since the supply chain would be interrupted and since you cant eat money the people with real goods would no longer trade those goods for the worthless paper or coinage.

i say beat them at their own game....become as self sufficient as you can and encourage everyone you know to do the same. Play their game long enough to reach your goal.

What do the rich do with their 'money' ? They buy something with it as quickly as possible. Its like a game of hot potato.....they get rid of that so called 'money' as quickly as possible and purchase something with intrinsic value, realestate, production capability, etc.....real goods. We should all follow their example!

yes you're right. i been having that plan for a while. im lucky enough to own some land. i plan on building a small cabinlike house and a # load of solar panels. i also have a nicely stocked fish pond and more than enough room to start a garden. once all this is done i plan on quitting my good paying job n going part time at a grocery store or something lol

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The banks really don't fear anything. Even if everyone drew their money out and stopped paying interest to them, they would get bailed out by the GOV. The money that was withdrawn and put in a safe at home would possibly be devalued and not worth as much, thus lowering the purchasing power (possibly this could happen).

If everyone stopped using the banks, and I mean everyone, from the local workers to the local businesses, then they might get worried some. We all have to come together and help one another with chores, food, etc. Someone needs a ride to work, give them one. The fractured community social structure is helping the banks stay in power as people rely less on one another and try to be independent. Crock of S if you ask me. I would rather have pot lucks and eat home made pies than go out to eat crap food some place else, and chip in with chores to my neighbors rather than pay some big wig in a office someplace.

If that happened, then things might sway the ivory tower of financial power. Are you willing to talk to all your locals and gather a coalition of support for one another?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Banks are part of the overall fake construct that will be ripped away someday when the powers are ready to reveal what really controls the world. You have no real power. The banks are not important except to fool people into thinking that money and banks have importance.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

You do not understand who prints and owns your dollars. It is the FED. Did you ever read one of your dollars? It says "Federal Reserve Note" and there is also a star of Israel right there on it in the form of your Great Seal. And the FED actually dictates what you dollars are worth. And the FED is not even a government agency. It is private not public. You really do not see that we are rats in a cage.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
In the UK, you can't get paid for 99% of jobs if you don't have some kind of bank account, whether its a Post Office account, a building society or a bank account.
Most normal or current accounts are offering their customers ZERO interest on their accounts now, while they sit and suck every last penny of interest from our money.
I think the biggest FU would be to withdraw funds ASAP, keep them OUT of the banks and building societies, so they're not earning money on our money.
Take appropriate bills to the Post Office and pay them in cash. Cancel all direct debits since they require money to be in your account, and pay your bills as and when you receive them.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
Here's what I'm looking forward to -

www.flickr.com...

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I've been thinking of doing this myself lately. I'm in Europe, in a country that's doing not THAT bad (one of our biggest banks can bankrupt the country though), but I no longer feel my savings are safe, nor do I think I should be doing the banks a favor either.

I do think Europe is a different case though, no printing
There has been a bankrun before here, when the big bank got in trouble, but not much came from it sadly.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by killbot2012
The banks really don't fear anything. Even if everyone drew their money out and stopped paying interest to them, they would get bailed out by the GOV. The money that was withdrawn and put in a safe at home would possibly be devalued and not worth as much, thus lowering the purchasing power (possibly this could happen).

If everyone stopped using the banks, and I mean everyone, from the local workers to the local businesses, then they might get worried some. We all have to come together and help one another with chores, food, etc. Someone needs a ride to work, give them one. The fractured community social structure is helping the banks stay in power as people rely less on one another and try to be independent. Crock of S if you ask me. I would rather have pot lucks and eat home made pies than go out to eat crap food some place else, and chip in with chores to my neighbors rather than pay some big wig in a office someplace.

If that happened, then things might sway the ivory tower of financial power. Are you willing to talk to all your locals and gather a coalition of support for one another?

Then why the last time it happened?Did the goverment call for a bank holiday to stop the run.Read all the post After all the heat from the last bail out.All the bail out money going to bonuses do you really the people will sit back and let them do it again?No that would be the present Goverments downfall.It won't happen again.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Numbers33four

You do not understand who prints and owns your dollars. It is the FED. Did you ever read one of your dollars? It says "Federal Reserve Note" and there is also a star of Israel right there on it in the form of your Great Seal. And the FED actually dictates what you dollars are worth. And the FED is not even a government agency. It is private not public. You really do not see that we are rats in a cage.

Yes I know that and if they print more money it would be worthless.These are the hard times I am talking about.You hate the Zionest what better way to get back at them then Bankrupt them?I got a shotgun rifle and a four wheel drive a country boy can surive.We make our own Whisky and our own smokes too.There not many things we can't do.This includes everyone of you we the people can make it the banks can't.The only way to take our country back is to rid it of the elite.Any post otherwise is just trying to save your own power and a$$ scared you better be or is monteary slavery better.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThisIsNotReality
I've been thinking of doing this myself lately. I'm in Europe, in a country that's doing not THAT bad (one of our biggest banks can bankrupt the country though), but I no longer feel my savings are safe, nor do I think I should be doing the banks a favor either.

I do think Europe is a different case though, no printing
There has been a bankrun before here, when the big bank got in trouble, but not much came from it sadly.

That is because the sheepole listen to the goverment and stopped the run.If you would have kept it going the terms would be different now.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
Would never work...

Great post.Tell me why it wouldn't work.Don't give the fortune 500 cr4p.We still control 60% of the money.Add something or troll away.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Great post.Tell me why it wouldn't work.Don't give the fortune 500 cr4p.We still control 60% of the money.Add something or troll away.

Fortune 500 crap? You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Listen, the average Joe Consumer keeps less than $1,000 in the bank. Even if you were able to convince 10,000 people to move their deposits, it would still be a drop in the bucket.

The only people that would find this "revolution" appealing are dead broke. You can talk to them until you are blue in the face, but they don't have a significant amount of money that would make transitioning to a smaller bank worthwhile. People who are rich are far less likely to make a switch to another bank.

Most consumers bank locally, and so location and convenience is a key choice factor where someone chooses to bank. It's also a major hassle to change banks, especially if you have long-term relationship with your existing bank, or a relationship of any substance.

A lot of people don't like community banks because they don't have many locations, and they are less financially stable. We have had a record number of bank failures in recent years, and the vast majority of the failures have been from community banks. In addition, the product set at a small community bank is generally not appealing. Worse yet, their online banking platforms are less secure, and not nearly as robust as the bigger banks - They simply cannot afford to keep their security technology current like the big banks.

Also, small banks are notorious for giving away free services because they cannot compete any other way. For all the complaints about big banks, at least they know how to turn a profit, and truly understand their cost structure. No bank -- let alone any business for that matter -- was ever successful in giving away freebies for any length of time. Banks simply have to charge fees and interest to stay in business.

Big companies - the Fortune 500 - all bank with the big banks. A single Fortune 500 company can carry tens of millions of dollars in deposits that even 1,000,0000 consumers couldn't match.

Furthermore, big companies need the resources of the big banks - They oftentimes have very complex international banking and treasury needs that simply cannot be met by a local credit union or community bank. These small community banks and credit unions don't have the manpower, knowledge, or product set to execute banking transactions on a cost-effective basis. They simply don't have the economies of scale that big banks do.

Example -- If you are a big bank, you might execute hundreds of thousands of international wire transfers in any given day. As a result of this huge volume, you can afford to discount your pricing on these wires. Small banks don't have these same volumes, and have to charge more as a result for the same service. As a result, the big companies migrate to bigger banks that can better accommodate their banking needs.

Lastly, big banks require - as part of their lending facilities - that big companies keep the lion's share of their deposits with the big bank that gave them the loan. This is actually written as a covenant in the loan agreement. So switching bank deposits then becomes a default scenario - Not gonna happen.

So, cry all you want about big banks. Nothing will change. Your imbecilic movement to get consumers to switch banks won't place a dent in the big banks. While you are attempting to convince the average Joe Consumer to move his $300 to a community bank, the big banks are courting large Fortune 500 companies with hundreds of millions of dollars in deposits to move their relationship over to their bank.

Good luck with your "plan" - It will never work.
edit on 6-7-2012 by CookieMonster09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

Didn't even to read your whole reply it would take more than 10,000 i am talking millions.Yes they have a $1000.00 dollars in the bank they also have a $1000,00 dollar overdraft plus savings.So at the bottom lets take 1 million times $1,000 then add on another $1000 thats $20,000,000 and that is at a minimun there are 60 million plus mad people in this country now we are in the billions.No sir you have no idea what you are talking about.My numbers are a bear minumin.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join