It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

insect shermah, the secret of old operative freemasonry!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I have always suspected that the original operative Freemasons possessed this knowledge and I was pleased to read the following taken form an old operative rite. In this rite it is said that “the secret” that was lost is the knowledge of the insect shermah ie the knowledge used by king Solomon to cut the stone blocks at the building of the temple of the Ark. Obviously it is symbolic and not an insect but those who know the true meaning behind the delta of Enoch will understand this!

“Question: What was the true secret...?

Answer: Not S.A.M. of [...] like it was said in error [?], but those marvellous properties of that noble insect, the s...a [sherma?], who cut and fashioned all the sacred objects and holy vessels, etc., in the Temple of King Solomon, etc. In truth, they plotted illegally to extort from H.A.B. [Hiram Abiff] this secret of the s...a, the astonishing creature which had the capacity to cut the stones.”

streamsofconsciousness.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I hadn't had time to read and study the book of Enoch, however I've been given the gist of it.

Sorry, wish I got your point. Sounds interesting.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Never heard of the insect sherma before, thanks for the link. Not really astonishing news or anything. Obviously there were ancients with masterful building secrets and knowledge because some of their achievements stand to this day.

Have you considered that one of these secrets could be a laser? Crystals played many important roles during the time of Atlantis and many Egyptian and Mayan examples of masonry look like they could have been laser cut yesterday.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hardwired

A laser NO, a shem stone..yes ie a fire stone

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

Well whatever you want to call it is fine, but that's what it is.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

According to tradition that the sounds of metal tools was not heard at the building of King Solomon's Temple. The stones was cut and dressed at the quarry and timber was felled in the Levant and transport to the site of the Temple. I have read that hard stone was cut with tools made of stone that was harder than the stone being cut such as dolerite. When I read of the Shamir that it's name means "flint or diamond", it causes me to doubt the later accounts that describe it as a mythical creature.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

The fiery worm that can consume/split stone "the lost secret" of operative freemasonry is hardly a flint but something far more interesting!

It is not a worm in the literal sense however the ancient adepts had a practice of veiling truths under allegory, it is no more a worm in the literal sense then the serpent that climbs the spine is a snake in literal sense!

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I think the more that is explored in this direction, the better. Either it will point in a good direction to search, or it will prove itself false. But either way, it's a good idea to keep looking (IMHO).
Great thread idea.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I tend to agree that the ancients spoke of things metaphorically, I think what is described is terrestrial. For example Jason and the Golden Fleece was likely describing an ancient method of panning for gold from waterways. I have heard theories that the Trojan horse may have been a siege weapon too. I also find the topic interesting. Don't take my suggestion of earthly explanation as dismissive of the topic of your thread.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by no1smootha

Ok why this could not simply be flint or diamond.

Firstly the Shamir is described as a green stone so that is diamond out of the question because diamonds are obviously not green.

Lets remember that king Solomon’s temple had to be built without sound so any hammer made from whatever stone you like is out of the question as it will make noise upon striking another stone.

The Shamir was supposed to be a fragment the size of a barley-corn, so again cant be a stone hammer.

The Shamir is said to carve stone without making chippings i.e. the stone literally disintegrates, again rules out stone hammers.

The Shamir had to be wrapped in wool and placed in a lead box because any other container would burst under its “gaze”. Again can not be a simple stone.

It was king Solomon’s prize possession! Can you imagine a flint hammer being king Solomon’s prize possession, a man who had literally tons of gold and jewels?

Stone, metal, wood and diamond was said to be cut by simply being shown to the Shamir ie you just had to point it at the stone you needed to cut, again cannot be a stone hammer.

The Shamir was said to have been either lost or had lost its potency (stopped working) by the time of the destruction of the First Temple at the hands of Nebuchadnezzar in 586 B.C. Again why would a stone hammer stop working and again if it was simply the use of stone hammers they could go make more of them.

Lastly it was “the secret” that hiram abiff was murdered for according to operative freemasonry. Would you imagine that the highest secret of freemasonry " that which was lost" is a stone hammer....probably not.

edit on 5-7-2012 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Just a point of clarification.

"Freemason" is a term used for speculative masonry.

"Operative mason" is for actual stone masons.

I will, of course, read the OP because you always post interesting stuff.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

OK this is pretty fascinating.

I'm glad someone pointed out that not a sound of cutting stone was heard. I always assumed in the ritual that meant that the quarries were far away.

This should prove interesting, please post more.

EDIT:

My first impression was that if it were a stone it might be radioactive, thus the need for breastplates and lead:

Shamir
edit on 7/6/12 by emsed1 because: (no reason given)

EDIT:

Wikipedia, "Solomon's Shamir"

In the Gemara the shamir (Hebrew: שמיר‎) is a mythical worm or a substance that had the power to cut through or disintegrate stone, iron and diamond and in the myth King Solomon used it in the building of the First Temple in Jerusalem in the place of cutting tools. For the building of the Temple, which promoted peace, it was inappropriate to use tools that could also cause war and bloodshed.[1]

edit on 7/6/12 by emsed1 because: (no reason given)

More edits:

The Lesser Key of Solomon

Solomon was alleged to have been given the Shamir by the demon Asmodea, who is listed as number 32 (GASP!) in rank among the demons. Curioser and curioser.
edit on 7/6/12 by emsed1 because: I don't know. Just can't shut up I guess.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
HAHA! Just found this:

Shamir Lenses - The Holy Grail of Lenses

Coincidence I know, but funny nonetheless.

I wonder if they make them in a monocle for the all-seeing eye?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

Just because nobody heard any sound does not mean it was not a sound cutting device which makes the most sense to me.

Dog whistles don't make sound that you can hear but dogs hear it very easily.

The sound specturm is emense and we now have weapons that destroy building with ease only using sound.
edit on 6-7-2012 by knowledgedesired because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

Quite true.

Scientists are also developing levitation and propulsion methods using sound. I've read (can't remember where, maybe a book about ancient technology) that there is a hypothesis the Egyptians used acoustics to move stones for the pyramids.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I found a reference in a Masonic forum from a guy who heard about it in a lecture in lodge:

Insect Shermah

Now I have to look in my Masonic Bible reference to see if there is a definition or reference.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by emsed1

IMHO we have just barely scratched the surface for what can be done with sound and light waves and I think the ancients used sound to accomplish more than we do today. With quantum physics breaking so much ground and the understanding that everything is always vibrating I envision tons of new technologies stemming from the use of waves. If only our scientists had the same budget as the military scientists we might actually make some headway in a positive direction for humanity instead of just how to destroy and kill.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

I am with you on that. Looking at Hutchison for what he is instead of what he appears to be, I think he may have stumbled on the ancient secret, but he is too unorganized to be able to duplicate it. According to ancient writing, everything has it's own frequency. Meaning every rock, drop of water, or blade of grass. To control the object, you have to be on the same frequency. (how you get there remains a mystery)

Fascinating subject.

top topics

join