It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are made in the image of The Creator - The Creator is NOT The Destroyer (A New Philosophy Creativ

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Its how you use the destructive energy, that makes the difference.

Using it irresponsible, and careless.. Makes it "evil" and "cruel"..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Yaxkin

This is just trying to justify violence. There is absolutely no excuse for violence.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ashleygwsmart

"We currently have no tangible empirical evidence for an afterlife "
but we do have ,
a claim made too the effect that yes there indeed is a afterlife.
tangible ,,,defenition?
empirical ,,defenition?
evidence ,defenition?

and even then,,,,,,once the above agreement is made
by a society as an accept fact,,,
Will it be construed as evidence for fact?,,,,,,, or against fact.?

And then once society aggree's that " tangible empirical evidence for an afterlife" ,is indeed fact,,
there will still be those in society who disagree,,,
so i guess,, why bother with fact or fiction,,
as people believe as they always have,,
as they wish.
the basic "foundation"
of humanity,,free will.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I wasn't making fun of you! Causing suffering through violence is bad! But I realise that this opinion is subjective to MY moral code. And mate, if you accept the existence of 'satanic energy' (whatever the hell that is) then you must accept that Satan was created by God. Even if there was no God, and only Satan, then God effectively is Satan due to our definition of God as the creator.

I have already proved destruction can be, and often is a positive thing. Anyone who reads and thinks about my previous posts will see this.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

In an ideal world, yes. But unfortunately, in the real world, violence is a necessary means to prevent suffering in many cases.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

If everyone thought like you we would all still be sitting around in caves scratching our arses, never bothering to do anything.

Tangible evidence is evidence which can be reproduced under certain conditions sufficiently to verify the existence (or at least, perception) of a certain phenomena. Someone's claim that there is an afterlife holds little value without evidence, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Know, Compassion can get rid of suffering, Violence will only lead to more Violence. We can let history speak for itself.

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Not necessarily. Try showing [insert ruthless dictator] compassion, see if they care! Violence, although a last resort, is the final stand against evil. But then the argument goes in circles because your 'creativism' doesn't provide an objective basis for morality, therefore will always remain flawed, as people will still dispute over their claim to moral superiority. The problem lies in where debate (or lack of) spills over to violence. This is what humanity should work on.

Although I have to say Creativism is a nice idea, and I wish more people would incorporate this type of thought into their consciousness, and then the world would hopefully be a less violent place.

A final thought...succumbing to violence or oppression is the worst thing you can do, in accordance with Creativism. Self-preservation is the key, the ultimate opposition to true destruction of the self.
edit on 7-7-2012 by ashleygwsmart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

If you don't care if people are being hurt, then you are a mental-sufferer. That is a sickness that needs to be healed, not with violence.

A better question would be "Why" don't they care? If humans are designed with empathy / compassion in order for the species to survive, what is wrong with this person and how can we help them..

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

what gives you the right to classify them as wrong?

why cant a human born on an earth in a place and time do what they want?

this is why nature is lawless..,., a competitive free for all,,,

you are right in claiming humans possess empathy and compassion,...,,
this is why we separated our selves from that messy garden,, and made our own rules,.,,.,

but even in a modern free and civil society,.,.,.. if a person doesnt want to think and care about all other people at all other times,.,, ( even if they dont blatantly hurt or offend people,, they just dont care) what gives you the right to approach them and attempt to change them?

would you go to the amazon and to an indigenous tribe of people and start telling them how their ways are all wrong and they should start doing what you say?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I would argue that its when humans gather together in groups that we display our most base instinct's, what the OP would call evil. This is generally because the group is only as intelligent as its loudest, stupidest member.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I do care if people are hurt, probably on many more levels than you do. What gives you the right to call me a 'mental sufferer', or anyone else for that matter. You are the one pushing a flawed argument!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Yes, the group mentality is flawed and advocates a false dichotomy between 'us' and 'them', which only propagates further suffering. Hence the turest path in life is to act in self interest, whilst minimising the suffering of others. Know thyself...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   

"Yes, the group mentality is flawed and advocates a false dichotomy between 'us' and 'them', which only propagates further suffering. Hence the turest path in life is to act in self interest, whilst minimising the suffering of others. Know thyself..."

True, but the last part "Know thyself" i consider an impossibility atleast in this dimension. How can an individual truly know there self? One cannot possible know how they will react to circumstance since there is an infinite amount of probabilities, hence an infinite amount of outcomes to any circumstance. If you/me could then you/me must be all knowing/omnipotent. To truly know oneself would take all the fun out of it.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I interpret 'know thyself' to basically mean follow your heart. We are all outworkings of the universe along different paths. Know thyself means acknowledge your roots, and you will find your purpose.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

I see where you are coming from pal. What im trying to point out is no one can know how they will react to a situation until it happens around them. You can try and prepare yourself for a multitude of possibilitys but until any given situation presents itself and the fight or flight response kicks in you cannot tell what you will do.
edit on 8-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

So there is no excuse to build a Fire, since its Destructive?

Or is the Sun not useful? It Creates And Destroys us..
So does the Wind (air), the Water, the Earth..

edit on 8-7-2012 by Yaxkin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

so i can see from what you write you do not know your self,..,.,..,., just from having the slight questioning.,,.,., i know metaphysically and in other ways it ay be hard or impossible to know what you are,,,, but that does not mean you cannot know yourself,,.,.,. and that does not mean knowing yourself is not important.,.,.,., know thy self.,.,., for it is very important,,.,., you only have your self through this life,,,,, know it.,,,

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Double post sorry

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Lets put it this way, i know that i know nothing, I know that everything is transitory.

So you know yourself, in what capacity? Since you have already ascertained that i dont know myself by what i have written, can i ask what is it that you think you know about yourself That i dont know about myself?

Does it help you to think that you know your own limitations and capabilities? By knowing ones self as you say are you not simply confusing knowledge of oneself with confidence in your own actions and abilities?

How does it help?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join