It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are made in the image of The Creator - The Creator is NOT The Destroyer (A New Philosophy Creativ

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SLO7H

"I think it's like this, it's ok to destroy in order to create, but are you more of a creator than destroyer? Or more a destroyer than creator?"

That's perspective for you, eh? Its all subjective, 1-0, good-evil, up-down, here-then, yes-no............ying-yang.
edit on 4-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I believe I've read this creativity vs destruction parallel before. Somewhere on this board in a recent thread? Maybe tripping out?

edit on 4-7-2012 by TheSubversiveOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

At the moment of creation

the Creator was created
the Preserver was preserved, and
the Destroyer was destroyed

~ Meher Baba

This implies that one creation was created, we're into an eternal evolutionary recurrence, or a continual creative process without end.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Unfortunately, sometimes The Creation will begin to destroy, and it will create a new energy of destruction. This is called "The Destroyer", also called "The Devil" in English. "Devil" or "Diabolos" means "Destroyer" in Greek, by the way.

This kind of reminds me of the movie ghost busters, wonder if this is what they were trying to get at with this movie.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
actually the operative word for mankind is ,,replenish,,the Creation.

Definition of REPLENISH. transitive verb. 1. a: to fill with persons or animals : stock b archaic: to supply fully : perfect c: to fill with inspiration or power ...

The Destroy part is what happens when,,replenish,,is ignored.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
It occurs to me that you are attempting to justify a loss you have recently suffered. a loss that has angered you to the point of explanation by way of denying that loss is very much part of life.

Oh boy...

Here come the armchair psychologists.

edit on 4-7-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
reply to post by SLO7H

"I think it's like this, it's ok to destroy in order to create, but are you more of a creator than destroyer? Or more a destroyer than creator?"

That's perspective for you, eh? Its all subjective, 1-0, good-evil, up-down, here-then, yes-no............ying-yang.
edit on 4-7-2012 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

I didn't understand anything you said right there. I was just telling what I was thinking right there at that moment. I just wanted to share how I thought of this subject, and perhaps see if the maker of this topic could see the subject from a different perspective, a different view. But I hope my post wasn't too strange.

|.SLO7H.|

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLO7H
After reading your comments, I came to realize this.
Yes, in order to create something, something must be destroyed in a way. It depends on how you use it, what you destroy in order to create. Is that one thing you destroy really worth destroying? If you destroy that one thing, will people be affected in a negative way?
|.SLO7H.|

I don't think that is true at all. This is a perspective of limitation. You don't have to "kill" to plant a seed and let it grow into a flower.

As for food, I think people don't understand that the consciousness of most plants stem from the SEED. If a human eat an apple, fruit or vegetable, unless they are destroying the seed to make sure it doesn't regenerate, they aren't really 'destroying', just like cutting your nails or hair don't 'destroy' you.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

First off, 'change' and 'destroy' are not the same thing.

Second, you don't 'need' to destroy something, in order to create something else.

If you disagree, tell me why that is.

Name one thing that can be created without destruction and I'm sure you'd be surprised what you are missing with your narrow minded thinking and lack of logical thought. Of course, there are plenty who would disagree, but they believe everything was just magicked into existance by an invisible entity who is everywhere and sees all. Stop limiting yourself with religion.

ps...I destroyed two "t's" and the word "limitong" in creating this post

edit on 4/7/2012 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

I don't believe in religions.

I can name more than one thing that can be created without destruction:

1. Plants

2. Hair, Nails (of fingers and toes)

3. Certain Foods (such as apples, that is not "destroying" just like cutting fingernails isn't destroying)

4. Offspring

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

You don't have to "kill" to plant a seed and let it grow into a flower.

If the seed comes in a paper packet, how many insects died when the tree was cut down to make it? Did you tread on an ant when you walked to the spot to plant the flower, how many bugs drowned when you watered it?

We kill all the time and most people never consider just how much and how often. Ever mown a lawn, had bugs on the windshield, vaccumed up a spider etc etc?

Open your mind, take in the world around you and stop trying SOOOO hard to give credit to such a limited source because you don't understand or accept other possibilities.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

dust unto dust,, ya we know,, everything must once die.
yea.
so this applies too Creativity/Creation? how?,,,
cant say anything that involves the words bio or re-cylable.for an example.
as in see its now bio-degradable
,,re-cycle,, so we can all be one with the Earth,,
,,stuff.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

reply to post by nerbot

I don't believe in religions.

Do you believe they exist?

I can name more than one thing that can be created without destruction:

1. Plants

see above post of mine

2. Hair, Nails (of fingers and toes)

Ever had a hole in your sock? And nails grow by using proteins which became usable when when something that contained then was destroyed and processed.

Also, the nail "plate" is made from several layers of DEAD, compacted cells that cause the nail to be strong but flexible.

3. Certain Foods (such as apples, that is not "destroying" just like cutting fingernails isn't destroying)

Apples can rot and try explaining to a classical guitarist why cutting his nails isn't going to destroy his chance of playing properly until they grow again.

4. Offspring

You cannot be serious?

PLEASE...Think bigger, think outside the box, you will be enlightened.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

If the seed comes in a paper packet, how many insects died when the tree was cut down to make it?

Yes, but I wasn't talking about 'paper packets'. I was talking about the seed.

Did you tread on an ant when you walked to the spot to plant the flower, how many bugs drowned when you watered it?

I'm talking about destroying intentionally.

Open your mind, take in the world around you and stop trying SOOOO hard to give credit to such a limited source because you don't understand or accept other possibilities.

You are trying hard to defend your limited perspective. I'm talking about seeds and you're talking about 'paper packets' in order to justify your position....

By the way, it is you who is thinking in a box, I'm afraid. My perspective is actually outside of the box that most people are trained to believe in...
edit on 4-7-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

If you can create something from nothing then you are truly God, and are worthy of our worship. I'm not being facetious, but I thought we solved this on the first page of the thread.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ashleygwsmart

Being able to create something from nothing, has nothing to do with creating something and choosing to be with the creative energy instead of the destructive energy which sets out to destroy.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

There is no such thing as creative and destructive energy. There is only energy. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. Now, I do understand your point; that creativity can be a positive force for the human experience, I just disagree with the premise that a destructive act is always negative and a creative act positive. Examples...if I kill (destroy) someone about to murder another, I am preserving life (not creating) whilst destroying it. If I work for an arms manufacturer, making weapons (creating) these may lead to the destruction of life.

We must talk in objectives if we are to move morality forward in any way. "Creative and destructive energy" is a very malleable concept. What I create may (intentionally or unintentionally) destroy you.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Yes, but I wasn't talking about 'paper packets'. I was talking about the seed.

No, you were talking about planting a seed and growing a flower.....

You don't need to "kill" anything to plant a seed and grow a flower.

Which is why I said this:

If the seed comes in a paper packet, how many insects died when the tree was cut down to make it? Did you tread on an ant when you walked to the spot to plant the flower, how many bugs drowned when you watered it?

One of us is missing something and it isn't me.

Point is, you aren't considering more than what stares you in the face. You are disregarding so many things like the ignorance of the harm we people can do to the unconsidered world around us.

Planting a seed sounds nice and growing it would give pleasure, but not everything about it would be good for everything, unless anything destructive was ignored like you seem to prefer.

Good luck with your thread.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Being able to create something from nothing, has nothing to do with creating something and choosing to be with the creative energy instead of the destructive energy which sets out to destroy.

Only one type of energy exists. How something manipulates this energy determines if it is destructive or creative. Also, you must destroy something to create something new. The way you are describing things make it hard to comment because you are not making a lot of sense

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Only one type of energy exists. How something manipulates this energy determines if it is destructive or creative. Also, you must destroy something to create something new. The way you are describing things make it hard to comment because you are not making a lot of sense

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join