It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chasing UFO's NatGeo? More Like Chasing Garbage!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have watched a lot of documentaries on UFO's as I'm sure many of you have but I have to say that the new Nat Geo "'Chasing UFO's' is quite possibly the WORST thing I have seen on TV in a very long time. Nat Geo...you should be ashamed.

I watched the first episode and tried to figure out what was going on. Are these 3 idiots for real? Ok, I can excuse the 2 guys but Erin Ryder is the most annoying person I have seen on TV in a long time. And SHE is in the lead?

She uses all types of facial expressions and voice to put wonder and awe, fear and excitement into...NOTHING! And to top it all off, the end of the show in the last few minutes she gets the most interesting footage of the entire show (If it was real) and that's it...the end? WTF? Didn't even continue in the next episode...What happened?

So I decide to give the second episode a shot...ARGHHH!!! Worse than the first!

Here she is running around with her little cam on a stick and giving us shots of fear as she runs away from...nothing. But gotta have that Blair Witch film style going on. I was waiting for the snot and tears to start flowing.

So there is this supposed underground Military base outside Fresno and Erin Ryder goes up over the fence in stealth and secrecy but get this...the cameraman filming this is already INSIDE the compound filming her going up and over.

Next, she's standing beside some container of sorts trying to blend in but she's casting a shadow as a light is shining on her from the camerman!

For those that have a copy, watch it again and you'll see. For those that missed it...don't bother. It is quite possible the biggest piece of garbage out there and if the rest of the episodes are the same...hoo boy. I for one will not be watching anymore tho.

Ok, so I'm no TV critic and maybe there are better ways to slam this crap but there you have it...My opinion.

NAT Geo...Shame on you. I used to be such a big fan of almost everything you put out. Right back to the magazines. Lions, elephants, breasts, ancient people, artifacts, sharks, breasts, dinosaurs, earthquakes, volcanoes and did I mention breasts?

But this crap? C'mon, you can and have done better than that. I truly wanted this to be amazing but instead I found myself falling asleep 3 times during the second episode.

End Rant

Peace

edit on 3-7-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Agree.

I was so excited for that show based on the tv/radio ads I saw/heard. Sounded so great.
The show itself? Not so much. Boring, blah, annoying crap.

Bummer.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Agreed 10000000000% (if there is such a thing
)

It was Ghost Hunters and Fact or Faked all rolled into one. In retrospect, even the "action scenes" at commercial time were extremely cheesy...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4
Agreed 10000000000% (if there is such a thing
)

It was Ghost Hunters and Fact or Faked all rolled into one. In retrospect, even the "action scenes" at commercial time were extremely cheesy...

I thought this was being billed as the UFO show to watch? I couldn't stand one more episode.

I almost choked on my beer because when I started to see those little face cams and some shots leading up to it I started to think Blair Witch Project. Sure enough it happened and beer came out the nose...

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by samara11278
Agree.

I was so excited for that show based on the tv/radio ads I saw/heard. Sounded so great.
The show itself? Not so much. Boring, blah, annoying crap.

Bummer.

I was interested in the last shot of the first episode...what happened to any follow up? It looked like one hell of a shot as well. Circular lights and all.

Then...nothing.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I didn't even make it halfway through the first episode. Such garbage.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zakaris
I didn't even make it halfway through the first episode. Such garbage.

I was thinking the same thing 1/2 way thru but I had the first 2 episodes so...

Waste of time I'll never get back.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I think theeres a conspiracy with the ufo shows lately. I think they want everyone to think people who believe in ifos are idiots.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
How many times must we revisit Stephenville/Dublin, Texas? I wonder what the next episode will showcase? Roswell?

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q33323
How many times must we revisit Stephenville/Dublin, Texas? I wonder what the next episode will showcase? Roswell?

And now we have Erin Ryder posing for Hot pics on www.heavy.com...

How pathetic can this get?

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Has any ufo show gone over the kecksburg incident yet? i wanna go to the crash spot with a geiger counter.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
I think theeres a conspiracy with the ufo shows lately. I think they want everyone to think people who believe in ifos are idiots.

And this gets us closer to the truth IMO.

I wonder how many serious Ufologists are going to follow this load of crap show?

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Has any ufo show gone over the kecksburg incident yet? i wanna go to the crash spot with a geiger counter.

But don't forget to use it at night!

These so-called experts only use the REAL equip at night.
I didn't know that Geiger Counters only work at night with night vision cams as well.

At least that's all they did in the show.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

I would like to see more about "Missouri's Roswell"

This supposedly happened right in my neck o the woods
edit on 3-7-2012 by edaced4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Dont think I will ever bother to watch this show. Just from the adverts for it, sounded like complete garbage all staged "ooooh, WHATS THAT!" crap. how do they "happen" to see so many "potential" ufos?

I sorta expect better from natgeo.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by magilla
Dont think I will ever bother to watch this show. Just from the adverts for it, sounded like complete garbage all staged "ooooh, WHATS THAT!" crap. how do they "happen" to see so many "potential" ufos?

I sorta expect better from natgeo.

Good choice. Don't waste your time.

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I liked it!

The girl is annoying she is from "Destination Truth" but James Fox has made a few good documentaries "I Know What I Saw" & "Out of the Blue".

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
OK...I tried to give it another chance tonight...but NO GO! This show is terrible! They "pranked" themselves!

posted on Jul, 7 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by edaced4
OK...I tried to give it another chance tonight...but NO GO! This show is terrible! They "pranked" themselves!

New episode? #3? Didn't watch.

Please elaborate...

Peace

join