It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DC Grocery Stores Out of Food, Gas Unavailable, Grid-Down As Summer Heat Rages

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ontario Canada has also sent repair crews to help out. I wish all the affected people well. To help you stay cool, remember that blood comes to the surface at the neck, wrists, groin and on top of your head. Wet cloths applied to these areas will cool the blood.

Wish I could send some of my jarred food. I have 8 fruits and 12 veggies as well as 5 kinds of soup, spaghetti sauce and chili. My family and I are ready for just such an emergency but to be honest, canning just saves a lot of money. It makes sense - buy during harvest when prices are low, can it and eat it during the winter when prices are high (actually, I make enough to last from harvest to harvest) for 4 families.

Tired of Control Freaks.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
James Wesley Rawles has long predicted a grid down situation, ofcourse he is discussing a nation wide or planet wide grid down senario, but his writings and books are great and a wonderful resouce, he also is very articulate on radio and in interviews.

James Wesley Rawles Blog Site, years of archives and the massive SHTF list of lists - survivalblog.com...

James Wesley Rawles on Coast to Coast - www.youtube.com...

James Wesley Rawles on The Alex Jones Show - www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
This pattern of behavior repeats itself over and over.

"Too much government,GET the government budget lower,reduce emergency costs,get rid of some cops and firemen"

Then a disaster hits;
"Where are our services? We need more law enforcement, Put the fire out NOW! Where's FEMA?"

If we had spent all the money we do on the "war on terrorism" and rebuilt our cities and infrastructures with a genuine concern for our citizens,we would have a better back up system in place for emergencies.

But we all got concerned when FEMA bought all those emergency rations, not because we hoped there would be no disaster, we were more pissed maybe they knew something we didn't know, and would'nt tell us.

I'm pleased DC area has not rioted. Good for them. Colorado fire's have looters going in? ????

It's a tight line between expecting the government to save us from anything, and spending money and not being prepared by the same government.

At least people that read ATS understand we've been warned and why.

And no, you don't have to go overboard like Alex Jones and that couple in the Tremors movie.
(Although the elephant gun came in handy killing those varmints)

I hope everyone stays calm. I'm not so sure they will though.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
here's a video of what it was like here...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Yeah, I wonder how many of them would look at my year + of food stores, my generator, stored gas, medical supplies, weapons & ammo and other necessities and call me crazy & paranoid now.

Bet they were a little more prepared now.

I have little pity because everyone can be prepared for a scenario like this, people just choose not to be.

Priorities.....

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Why don't we bury the power lines?

ConEdhas slowly started to bury the power lines in NYC and LIPA has also done do for some of the newer housing developments on Long Island.

I know it's expensive but I think the money saved from having to do repairs every time their is a strong gust of wind will make it worth it.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It's a wake UP call folks!

Our infrastructure, power grids, roads and bridges are not up to date, sadly...are they fixing them? NO! wonder why...

Haarp storm? maybe

But you folks out there, get prepared for this to happen more often... GET PREPARED!

Depopulation attempt? who knows.

My parents have been w/o power now since Friday, they are in their 80's.. I wish I could go help but I can't, so I call twice a day to check on them.

Look for the 2nd half of 2012 to be worse than the first half, why? Just a feeling I have.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by itswhatev

Lol It is the same kind of scenario here in the UK, although we are crippled by the deadly SNOW!

Sometimes are trains can be disabled due to... leaves on the line! Shock horror!

You don't know how good you have it when we have these things to contend with!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
who uses aircon ??? its hot here year round and dont have aircon ... end up catch cold everytime been in buildings with aircon....

not surprised in the least that food and petrol supplies not available there the system of supply is flawed ... and not many people have their own gardens ... never did understand why with the size of the average yard many people there dont have home gardens ....
even with good economy many people here have small home gardens to raise food alot even have a few chickens running around ...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

Look for the 2nd half of 2012 to be worse than the first half, why? Just a feeling I have.

Me too, you just wait, this winter, those of us stuck on the 19th century exposed/vulnerable wooden poles and wire tangles, are once again to be subjected to days without power ---coincidentally-- during the worst winter storm on record.

I'm sorry to hear about your elderly loved ones, I look at my humble wall-unit AC every day, and tell it I love and appreciate it, about 5 times a day. But without our 19th century electric current courtesy of corporations like (Enron) I KNOW that I have one foot on a banana peel and one on the grave's edge.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

As of Tuesday evening, about 1.2 million customers scattered across 11 states, from Indiana to Delaware, had no electricity, down from about 1.8 million overnight -- and a peak of 4 million on Friday night and Saturday, just after the storms hit. A household is considered one customer, so the actual number of people without power is higher. The total included some 326,000 in West Virginia, 291,000 in Ohio and roughly 223,000 in Virginia, along with about 96,000 in metropolitan Washington, D.C. Utility and government authorities said some residents may not get electricity back until the end of the week.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I hear you on the bisquick thingy. Thats why i purchased all the ingredients for it in bulk and can make my own. Its WAY cheaper that way.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

The Grid is really out due to EMP from the sun feeding on extra rich plasma from the new interstellar bubble we are now in. The plasma in the new bubble feeds thunderstorms more energy but weakens the earth's magnetic shield against radiation by heating up the earth's molten core of iron. Greater heat inside the earth results in more but much more powerfull earthquakes. They know this and they'd rather put all the money into fighting terrorists than fight a losing battle against a cosmic upheaval. The President and his family do not want to be taken hostage or murdered by terrorists ( nor do the du Ponts,etc ) . They know it will become so hot, that even the Oceans will boil. July 4th will have another EMP from the sun arriving( from the big M-class Flare seen just a day and a half ago).

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

Remember Katrina?

2nd

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Well Berkleygal has it right people,.
Ive been sayin this for a while,. Being members of this site there should be no reason that most of you in these areas are not at least somewhat prepared. This IS a wake up call,. and the weather is not going to mellow out. The science community posted this info about the crazy weather many years ago,. of which we are experiencing now. But I have to wonder,. just how many warnings do you that havent prepped need? last years hurricane on the East coast should have opened a few eyes.. So we are only talking about a couple weeks here till things are back to on. Just imagine what it would be like if it were MONTHS or a YEAR..without power. NASA has sent out plenty of warnings about the peak of the solar MAX this winter.. do some research..The sun Does have the power to Knock out power for a LONG time.. Google "Solar Storm of 1859".. or the Flare that knocked a nuke plant off line in Quebec back on 08.. Like I said.. Imagine no electricity for months.. Maybe it is time to visit the "Survival" forum..

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
People are calling this "just some thunderstorm".

I was here in Northern Viriginia where some of the most powerful arms of the storm hit... it was not just some storm.

I have been in around 20 hurricanes in south Florida, and this was on that level. I seriously thought something was really up, for a storm that horrendous to hit from that far inland... it came blazing through like a freight train, not stopping for anything. The sky roared- so much so that I was looking for the funnel clouds. After it was over, I had patio furniture on my roof, and the streets were all baricaded with fallen trees every block or so.

I watched the trees catch fire from contact with questionable connections in the powerlines, and I heard automatic weapon fire all night (and I live in a smallish town of 40,000 waspy-types).

Calling this a thunderstorm does not really convey the event well enough.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catalyst317
reply to post by RealSpoke

You are 100% on point! Our infrastructure is failing and nothing is done about it. Bridges are falling apart with no repair in sight, gas lines are exploding due to corrosion and the weight of buildings on top of them that were not designed for such pressure, dams and levies are at a tipping point where they need major repairs as well. If the government does not do something about it, then we will not have to worry about terrorists destroying our country, time and mother nature will do it for them.

Military
Industrial
Complex

We
Were
Warned, multiple times. But its human nature to relax, forget, put things off... after all, it's easier than prepping. Most will take the path of least resistance.
edit on 3-7-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't understand everyone's complaints about the heat. The average temp in Australia during summer in 30 Celsius. and we don't often use air con or fans until it gets to 35 +. on top of that we have high humidity so you cant even get out of the heat in the shade.
Don't you guys have pools over there?

But I feel for you guys not having petrol and easy access to food and stuff.

Good luck!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 412304

It's a matter of what people are used to. I get lower temperatures, but higher humidity, and it can kill us....but we're more likely to die in a dryer environment, not being aware that we're sweating to death--due to not being ready for it. *shrugs*

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is exactly why so many people on ATS, including myself, have expressed the importance of stocking food, water, and necessities. You cannot know what is going to happen. I would not want to be one of these people waiting in long lines in the heat for water rations.

Take this incidence as a lesson and start stocking up now. I have seen so many people on ATS laugh this off and act like it's a joke.

On that note, I hope all these people get through this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join