DC Grocery Stores Out of Food, Gas Unavailable, Grid-Down As Summer Heat Rages

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+6 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Complete Disaster Non-Preparedness: DC Grocery Stores Out of Food, Gas Unavailable, Grid-Down As Summer Heat Rages

This is just what i am concerned about the acts of god that cant be predicted, why are those of us who want to have some level of preparedness mocked and made to look crazy. I can only think that our east coast prepper friends are sitting well and confident that just some basic preperations have made there situation much more tolerable. Some food stached, some full water jugs, basic first aid kits, staying in the basement or cold room door opened for some cooler air, very basic things should make their lives better for the time being, oh yeah sure sounds like a nutjob to me, geez.

Just a quote from the story i found very interesting, and very very reinforcing to my thoughts for why i prep.

"Is this the work of a terrible terrorist attack? No, it is the complete disaster non-preparedness a decade after 9/11. Despite the fact that billions if not trillions have been spent since 9/11 on counter-terrorism and so-called “homeland security” measures, one of the major terrorist targets, the nation’s capital, cannot cope with a severe thunderstorm.

I received a message from PEPCO that most D.C.-area residents may not have power until next Friday at 11:00 pm – a full week after the storm hit. With temperatures this week set for the mid to upper-90s, that is a long time for residents to be with air conditioning, or fans, or refrigerators.

www.shtfplan.com... 07022012

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Being onm the east coast myself, and dealing with these storms every year.... Because we do get them EVERY year... And every year they come out of "nowhere"... It's almost comical to know that after all the billions spent on making this country "safe"- something as simple as a thunderstorm can cripple so much..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

Nothing like a "little natural diaster" to show you where the real priorities lie.

While it is always true, you can't tell just how bad nature can get. It is always easy to get prepared for bad weather.

Just try paying attention to history.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Wear your in foil hat, be prepared

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
How many times does "it's illegal to have more than 2 weeks of food" have to come up (and have people believe it), before the stores can't keep up when people finally get around to last minute preparation.

That and, you've not seen the grocery stores before a hurricane, down here.

Or the grilling after the power goes out.

+15 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
A thunderstorm can cause outages for this long? We need to do some serious infrastructure spending in this country and stop giving it to bankers.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
People subconsciously know they are bad and wish to punish themselves. This seeking of Humility has been conditioned into us for thousands of years. Being prepared is and always has been a sensible thing to do. It was the Boy Scout motto. They wouldn't choose a motto like that for no reason. They could have chosen hundreds of others that would have been more glamorous.

We are the first or second generation that isn't prepared for disaster. My parents always had stocks of food in the house and almost all my uncles and aunts and family friends were prepared for three months also. We had at least five bushels of potatoes in the basement when I was growing up and a lot of canned goods. I purchased some whole canned chickens for stock as a nostalgic thing for my wife and I. We immediately opened a can and heated it up to see if it was like the ones we grew up with. They are smaller than they used to be and not as salty but it still gave us a lot of joy eating it. We always had canned chickens when we grew up because we camped a lot and they didn't need refrigeration. Dump one into a dutch oven and throw in some veggies and your good to go.

Too bad Bisquick is so expensive, I'd like to buy more for stock. I grew up with Bisquick but at five bucks a box we don't eat it often. I'll have to search for coupons. Being prepared is wise, our country is not wise. They are supposed to have food stores for the people for at least a couple of months. They would rather spend their money on stuff that is desired by voters instead of being prepared. The churches need to take care of their own, they aren't required to help nonmembers if something happens. That is the way it should be.

Don't let it bother you that others aren't prepared. I know a guy who's family had chickens and a big garden during the depression. They sold their eggs for a reasonable price and same with the extra food they had. They became pillars of the community after that for a few generations. The common mans hero.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

You are 100% on point! Our infrastructure is failing and nothing is done about it. Bridges are falling apart with no repair in sight, gas lines are exploding due to corrosion and the weight of buildings on top of them that were not designed for such pressure, dams and levies are at a tipping point where they need major repairs as well. If the government does not do something about it, then we will not have to worry about terrorists destroying our country, time and mother nature will do it for them.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by antioligarchs
Wear your in foil hat, be prepared

I dont wear a timfoil hat, its to darn hot and heat escapes through the top of your head, to hot for the foil today m8, im thinking perferated mylar, suggesting tinfoil on a day like today, youre 1 of them aren't you!
edit on 3-7-2012 by 1947flxible because: spelling

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
There is a major plan behind all of this and within the next 30-60 days there will be a major event along the East Coast. It seems that it will be weather related...very likely of hurricane. Not sure that it will be man made however but it very well could be.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by HawkeyeNation
There is a major plan behind all of this and within the next 30-60 days there will be a major event along the East Coast. It seems that it will be weather related...very likely of hurricane. Not sure that it will be man made however but it very well could be.

I cant speak to that but i do know that anything else hitting that area will be really bad and make this situation much much worse, so needless to say i hope you are incorrect m8.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
A thunderstorm can cause outages for this long? We need to do some serious infrastructure spending in this country and stop giving it to bankers.
You got that right.
Lyndon LaRouche said it 20 years ago during one of his many runs for President, but most people said that he was a nutcase.
A few winters after I heard him say that our infrastructure was insufficient, we had rolling blackouts because there wasn't enough power to supply the grid in Pennsylvania. The reason: It was too cold to heat all of those all-electric homes that the power companies were touting as being very efficient. The temps were lower than -20 F, but I didn't think it was a very good excuse.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Okay, in almost every other thread there is a great mass of complaints about "the BIG government ist just too d**n BIG!" - and in the case of natural desasters, especially foreseeable ones like storms, there is nearly always a big "oh noes, we are dooooooomed! Helphelphelp!". Of course you could have had preparations.

7 days without electricity, that is harsh!

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

Here is an interesting article I found about "Weather Control and Weather Warfare". It is a very good read.

www.cuttingedge.org...

I feel badly for everyone who is going through this trying time...you are in my prayers.

edit on 3-7-2012 by caladonea because: add more

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
And now the people who were considered possible "domestic terrorists" turn out to be the good citizens.
They will not have to loot or do anything irrational as they have been good American Boy Scouts and they were prepared.
Nothing better than watching the football game on a big tv in your living room while the whole neighborhood is standing around a vehicle listening to it on the AM band...

True story.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

7 days is nothing. I spent 2.5 weeks without electricity, hurricane Ike. Of course I had gas hookup, so I could still cook and take a shower. In extreme weathers, a camp fire is a comfort. Best to just be prepared and to hell with unreasonable "laws" that make it a "crime" to not have more then a few days to weeks worth of food. We all need to prep, we all need to garden, we all need to learn canning. We all need to learn the "old ways" of doing things as a backup to tech and innovation. We should have had tesla tech that didn't require power lines (read chains around the ankle and wallet).

We could get out of this mess, we could have "free power", but the corps just love their profits. They love having all that money and not need it and have no idea of what to do with it. Rant over.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I liked what you said about the Bisquit, but what happened to plain old flour and lard ? Gone-- Gone-- Gone !

I was raised, "reared", in a time when we were liuuck to have electric lights and a fan. I am not bragging nor complaining. It is just the facts.

I do feel sorry for those who are suffering thru this heat. I was taught while very young that a person must adjust and adapt. The human animal has done this for millions of years to get where we are now.

I did not say anything about it being easy or fun.

This would really be a good time for all of us to realize the benefits of our advances in technology which gives us an easier live style. It would also serve as a wake up call for those who have gotten a little to accustom to this easy living.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I do not know exactly what goes into bisquick but it has a painfully short shelf time compared to other components.
Find a ratio of flour, baking powder, dehydrated milk and oil that suits you for a homemade sort of bisquick, it only takes a minute more in the preparation.
I'll be eating twinkies and pancakes well after the apocalypse.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Skada

A little off topic but maybe not, you are the second person to mention 2 weeks of food is illegal.
Was this a hoax somewhere or is someone trying to say it is illegal to have more than 2 weeks of food?
I always have known I could have 2 MONTHS of anything as long as it is not harmful.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I was hoping that My need for prepping would end in about a year after the economy collapsed and was rebuilt but with the possible food shortages and bad weather it may now be a permanent way of life. This weather is going to cause shortages of food on a national level

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join