It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nude Church! Pastor Bares Soul and More

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Virginia nudist group holds clothing-optional worship services.

I rarely post in the religious forums. But I saw this story and wanted to hear some reactions to this kind of worship. What do you all think about this? Has the serpent revealed himself here?

www.youtube.com...

www.wvec.com...

IVOR - In church, you come as you are. That's especially true inside the Whitetail Chapel in Ivor. Clothing is optional for everyone from the pastor to the congregation.

"I really don't think God cares what you wear when you worship," said Richard Foley, a member of the congregation. "The thing is worship."

Churchgoers like Foley have no problem getting the word of God from a pastor in his birthday suit.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

I saw this story and wanted to hear some reactions to this kind of worship.

I'll do my best to articulate....

Amen.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The least he could do is hit the gym if he is going to be standing in front of an audience! I agree with the poster above me,

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I guess he forgot who actually made clothes... God.

I find this disgusting.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

"Some of the biggest moments in Jesus' life...He was Naked!"......Well I'm sold!

Though I doubt I'll be attending this service anytime soon, unless they get a better looking congregation!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The very least he could have done was tape a fig leaf on.
Ive been to nude beaches.. I can tell you from my traumatic experiences that some folks just werent meant to be nude.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
1 Corinthians 11:5-6

5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

Buttocks are fine, but I swear to God if your wife DARES show her new perm... And don't even get me started on this "Brazilian" talk!

Okay in all seriousness, I understand they see the human body as a creation of God and therefore something not to be ashamed of but...

Jeez.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinoi
1 Corinthians 11:5-6

5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. 6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.

Okay.. so go butt naked with your stuff all flappin' around but have that that napkin thing pinned to your head then?? That make it all acceptable to God??
Everyone on this thread should be really glad that I cant share my mental pic of this...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Dear IpsissimusMagus,

In jail people can be left naked, in concentration camps people can be left naked; but; it is not wrong for them to still pray to God. I preach to people who live lifestyles I never would. I am straight and I will preach to gays, I am celibate yet I will preach to prostitutes and I don't judge them. I would not preach in the nude unless I was naked by force. Having said that, if they invited me to speak at their church, I would; but, I would be clothed. Obviously their pastor is also a nudist so it is not an issue for him.

Good post and an interesting issue to consider.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
What do you all think about this? Has the serpent revealed himself here?

I would trust a naked church with nothing to hide than those big-haired zealots on CBN.

And was the "serpent revealed" remark an intentional pun? Because it's freakin' hilarious.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear IpsissimusMagus,

In jail people can be left naked, in concentration camps people can be left naked; but; it is not wrong for them to still pray to God. I preach to people who live lifestyles I never would. I am straight and I will preach to gays, I am celibate yet I will preach to prostitutes and I don't judge them. I would not preach in the nude unless I was naked by force. Having said that, if they invited me to speak at their church, I would; but, I would be clothed. Obviously their pastor is also a nudist so it is not an issue for him.

Good post and an interesting issue to consider.

As far as men of the cloth go, you're one of the good ones. Thanks for chiming in.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
What has been seen can not be unseen!
oh my eyes they bleed!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

"serpent revealed" remark an intentional pun? Because it's freakin' hilarious.

Yes it was a joke. I find nothing wrong with it really. The church is part of a nudist camp.

I thought this story was funny and worth sharing.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't really have much to say about this, a nude church is kind of expected, and obviously doesn't matter if people are clothed when they pray, God has seen uglier nude bodies anyways.

I'm nearly certain that if Scotland wasn't so cold, I'd be a nudist.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I am going to apologize a head of time for my following words. I will attempt to keep them civil.

I find it hard to believe that on a site like this and all the "OPEN MINDED" people can not understand the basic idea of Nudity, and to say God created clothing is just plane ignorant. According to the story, God created the first Man and Woman(Women depending on your belief of Lillith) and they were NAKED before the Lord. Once they ate from the Tree of Knowledge it was THEY who were ashamed and covered themselves. If God created cloths, we would still be covered in fur.

This ignorant idea of shame stems from ideas based on LUST and JUDGEMENT which stems from Religion. This is obviously shown in the majority of replies in this thread thus far. In todays society all nudity is seen as sexual in nature not NATURAL or BEAUTIFUL as it truly is. Nudity is not sex. It is the LUST in ones heart that makes it that way. The Judgement of a sexual body rather than the acceptance of the created body.

It's about freedom from the constraints of society. It's about the releasing of the judgement of ones self and of others. In this case it is PURITY before GOD showing that the shame of Man has been overcome. Those of you who have issue with this need to spend more time Naked and allow yourselves to experience the freedom it teaches.

Wouldn't it be something to witness the Olympics Naked like they were originally?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Yes, god made clothes. He covered those who were ashamed.

Now "unclothing your mother-in-law is exposing your father-in-law's nakedness to you, so a lot of nakedness is seen as disrespect for the position that person is to hold in your life.

But for perspective. Women in Crete wore long flowing dresses with their breasts exposed. There were Christians there, at the time the Bible was written, and it's not addressed at all.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Outstanding idea!

I'll bet a couple of pole dancers in the church would bring attendance up. A good dancer can pull in $100 to $200 a day. All those dollar bills could go toward the collection.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

That is one church where I would not want to
give the peace!!!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Even these nudists would have a problem selling sex.

posted on Jul, 3 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Lol, something new every day.... /facepalm

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join