It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truman Show conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Here is a link to "The Truman Show" if you have never seen the movie. Highly suggested.
Solar Movie

Long story short

Truman(Jim Carey) was adopted as a baby by a TV Show. They captured his whole life on film, without him knowing. The movie is about his slow realization that everything around him... isn't what it seems.

Lets jump right in:

Truman is about to go to work, when a light falls from the sky. Confused, he goes to check it out.

The light says "Sirius" which is the brightest star in our night sky. Sirius also is another name for Satan.
This falling star is what begins to wake Truman up to the false world around him.

Truman continues to find clues throughout the movie, like seeing his dead father alive. I would cover these, but its more fun to watch the movie. Above is a picture of the dome Truman is living in.

A dome, equipped with stars, sun, moon, water, land, and people. All for Truman,without his knowledge, while a whole world exists on the outside.

The clues overwhelm Truman, so he decides to sail out to sea as far as he can in search of truth....until his boat hits a huge, false wall.

Amazed and confused Truman examines the fake wall. For some reason, the filmmakers wanted to show him "walking on water" in the above scene.

Why a Jesus Christ reference? Did they cast Jim Carey because his initials were J.C like Jesus Christ?
Whats weirder, is the "director" of Trumans fake life is named: Christof.

This could either mean Christ-off, or Of-Christ.

The town Truman lives in, is called: Seahaven. Which rearranges to As-Heaven.

Overall, there is a big religious undertone to Trumans "awakening". Why? Are they trying to tell us something?

Fake stars, fake moon? Actors posing as people, intricate surveillance, cover-ups, even using FEAR tactics to keep Truman from traveling outside of Seahaven....they thought of it all.

Could our "planet" be in a similar situation? Controlled weather, sun, space, actors, FEAR, etc?
Could there be a huge amount of people living outside our world? If there was any answer to where all these young dead celebrities are going......an outside world would make sense.

WE are The Truman Show.

(Last but not least, i love to throw in a little pre-9/11 reference. This is a poster Truman looks at when he tries to book a flight to Fiji. Of course, no flights were available...)

edit on 2-7-2012 by southtower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Southpark already discovered that conspiracy...

I'd watch "Earth" the reality show... I already do now.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by southtower

Who are "They" that you keep making reference to?

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I am a little surprised you did not notice the main characters name...

Truman - True man.

edit on 2-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Great post. I believe the Truman Show is an excellent metaphor for what we are going through.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Love that movie. I hate subliminal messages and seeing them exposed in great movies, especially because you would have to be an pseudo-expert with too much time to expose them.
The story could be an allegory for our lives.
The Sirius lamp falling is definitely suggestive, there are a million stars (lamps) in the sky and they chose Sirius. As for him walking on water and his initials, he was also in Bruce Almighty.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
According to mental health "experts" this is called the Truman Show Delusion. According to "experts" it's a form of mental illness..

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Wow, I haven't heard of it before. Very cool.

Thankyou for sharing and for a well constructed post. S'n'F.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ladysophiaofsandoz

Hence the part of the allegory of the cave that refers to how if the prisoners were not chained they would try and kill the person who is trying to tell them what exists beyond the illusion.

When we are stuck within the illusion we do everything that we can to defend it and protect it even if it means calling those people who are trying to show us the truth mentally insane. Of course in the name of being an expert or more credible.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ladysophiaofsandoz
According to mental health "experts" this is called the Truman Show Delusion. According to "experts" it's a form of mental illness..

The Truman delusion you describe is a Grandiose delusion or Persecutory delusion that is centered around the persons perception of their own reality.

The fact that the OP is saying "We" rather than "I" shows that this is a theory and not a delusion.

If he/she were to say, "I am in a Truman like show and you are all actors or against me" that is a delusion.

Read the first post again as the theory is based upon references that have been noticed and asks a question, that is all.

edit on 2-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Garrrrr. He ^ ^ beat me to it.

Here's my comment anyway.

No. The Truman show delusion is more of a personal thing. Not really applicable to this theory. It seems the 'Truman Show Delusion' focuses around people who personally believe the world is set-up and focused on them and only them with their family and friends only being actors and not real, genuine, people.
edit on 2-7-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

according to "religious experts" our lives are all truman shows for god...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
I am a little surprised you did not notice the main characters name...
Truman - True man.

Human also rhymes with Truman

Originally posted by Argyll
Who are "They" that you keep making reference to?

For Truman, "they" is Christof and everyone who works for the show.

For us, "they' is..................................(?)

That is my quest in theory. It seems they want the audience to see there is NO God or at least a different path. The director "Christof" was his God...and hes a film director!! They even do the stairway to heaven....

He goes up, through the door and into his new world. What an idea for a movie. They remade it a year later and called it The Matrix

edit on 2-7-2012 by southtower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
So why would you want to ( detail spoil) the whole movie when just given a few tidbits from you may have enticed others to see it for themselves?

I've seen it, a nice, throught-provoking movie. Your telling all about it is not a gift to the people.

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This post made me think of something, at what point does a different way of thinking or looking at things qualify you as insane? At one time it was quite mad to think the world was round or that there were tiny living things that lived in the air and water that could make you sick. What is the tipping point between abstract thinking and madness and who gets to make that call?
edit on 2-7-2012 by Ladysophiaofsandoz because: opps

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It also depends on your audience. I can share this topic with you guys no problem. Anyone else = i'm insane.

Originally posted by Aliensun
So why would you want to ( detail spoil) the whole movie

I gave you 14 years! I actually liked it better the second time around. You get a creepy feeling seeing how many actors were deceiving Truman the whole time. (p.s i left out soo many good parts)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolet

Hence the part of the allegory of the cave that refers to how if the prisoners were not chained they would try and kill the person who is trying to tell them what exists beyond the illusion.

I thought the chains were allegorical as well. Placed there by our "keepers" and accepted by us they only exist in our minds. Like the false "storybook" shadows. We are chained to the belief that there are no alternatives. It is only when we are dragged up to the entrance of the cave that the light of day begins to blind us and hurt us. That is the struggle... to keep from seeing the truth.

Drag 'em kicking and screaming to the light.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Like many other great stories, what makes the Truman Show such a good movie is that people can relate to it on a personal level. Many people experience these feelings to some degree or another. The feeling of being watched. The feeling that you been living a lie. That there is something bigger out there just beyond our reach.

I think this feeling is a common occurrence for people experiencing some kind of "awakening". Whether it's a spiritual awakening or some kind of lifting of the veil of reality. To becoming aware of all sorts of conspiracy theories. A certain amount of paranoia is probably a normal reaction. Some people believe it's God. Some people believe it's aliens. Some people believe it's a mind control conspiracy. Some people are delusional to the point of becoming schizophrenic.

When taken to an extreme this can also be considered a type of Jesus or Messiah Complex of sorts. There are times in peoples lives where they experience a certain amount of synchronicity. They feel a sense of being "in tune" or "in harmony" with the World around them. Some believe that God has spoken to them or that Spirits help guide them.

A quote from Shakespeare "All the World's a stage and we are merely players" is the same concept. Greek mythology believed that the Gods played with humans in games of chance. The bible shows examples where God tested the faith of men. There's lots songs that refer to this feeling of being watched.

This is just a modern version with modern technologies added in to a common theme that has existed for thousands of years. Another example of our fear of Big Brother and George Orwell's "1984"

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

If they haven't seen it yet in 14 years AND they post at a site like ATS, well....

....Congo rats! You just discovered a Unicorn!

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Thanks southtower for bringing this one. Should be ATS theme.
Opening scene. First of many clues he struggles with that only Carey can carry. He balances his part brilliantly between that "ignorant comfort zone" and "go for it wake up call".

His whole world is rigged to prevent him from leaving it and discovering the much wider one outside the veil.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join