It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turn the "Spin Machine" up to 11! Obamacare still NOT a tax!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
According to Team Obama that is. Wow! They don't know which way to run right now. I say run to the red light of the exit door in the Oval Office

Spin Away!! Regardless of the what the Chief Justice said in order to save this mess, Team Obama is still having a hard time with that dangerous 3 letter word. I guess I should thank Roberts for this forced duck and cover move that we are seeing now.

The only legal peg on which Chief Justice Roberts was able to hang his hat in ruling Obamacare constitutional was a broad reading of the Taxing Clause. In order to do so, he had to deliberately misread the Obamacare law; had he not done so, the law would have been struck down as a violation of the Commerce Clause.

Welcome to the lies and denial directly from Obama's Chief of Staff

The latest Obama spokesperson to deny Roberts’ logic and essentially admit that Obamacare is unconstitutional is Jack Lew, the White House Chief of Staff. This morning, he appeared on CNN to explain:

First of all, the law is clear, it’s called a penalty. Second of all, what the Supreme Court ruled is that the law is constitutional. Actually, they didn’t call it a tax. They said it was using the power under the constitution that permits it. It was not labeled.

This is, simply put, a lie. Lew’s first two sentences are in direct conflict with one another. The law is clear – it’s called a penalty. But if the administration is going to stand by its original construction of the statute, they can’t then claim that the Supreme Court ruled it constitutional on their basis. The notion that the Supreme Court ruled the statute constitutional without any specific basis is simply false. Lew continued:

Hmmm... Who's on First?

This is a penalty. It’s something that only 1 percent of people who can afford insurance and choose not to get it will pay. Everyone who has insurance, everyone who chooses to buy insurance will not pay it. What they’re going to get is security — they’re going to get lower premiums and better health care. That’s a good thing for the American people.

It’s also a lie that a tiny percentage of the population will pay the penalty. The fact is that under the new Obamacare regime, millions will opt for the penalty, simply because there’s no purpose to paying $1,500 per year for health insurance when you can pay a $750 penalty, wait to get sick, then jump on a federally-mandated health plan. And it’s also a lie that we’re all going to get lower premiums and better health care. Who’s going to pay for that?

Yes. Can someone please answer that last question. Who's going to pay for that? My god, we already have people demonstrating in the streets to demand "free" healthcare. NOTHING is ever free from the govt. Thank your neighbor for paying your way PLEASE!

Welcome to the largest TAX INCREASE in world history!! Sorry Lew, but you guys knew that this was a tax from day one. That's why you designated the IRS to be the enforcer and collector of this new "tax"/ "penalty" How many thousands of NEW IRS workers will have to be hired to enforce this??

www.breitbart.com...

Still so many unanswered questions.....

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
The whole thing is Bullocks and the lie unfolding quickly. First of all, the "Penalty" only applies to 1% and rates will go down. Sooooooooooo... 1% are going to cover the insurance cost for the 30 million newly insured??? But rates will go down. Something is wrong here...

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
The whole thing is Bullocks and the lie unfolding quickly. First of all, the "Penalty" only applies to 1% and rates will go down. Sooooooooooo... 1% are going to cover the insurance cost for the 30 million newly insured??? But rates will go down. Something is wrong here...

I have heard so many different things so far about how this is going to work its crazy. I dont think anyone actually knows at this point how it will work, how it will be charged to us, how many penalties people will get for being uninsured. Everyone has a different answer and I think that is why most people are against this. I think they need to go back and look for a better way to do this. Repeal this pile of crap and do something that the public can understand and actually be "transparent" this time. Lets read it before it passes this time.

But yes. The spin machine is on full tilt.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The amount my husband and I would have to pay per month dwarfs the $1750 per year quoted in your off-site quote. The last time I checked, they wanted us to pay around $2000 per month, because we are in our 50s, he's been smoking since age 14, and I have rheumatoid arthritis.

It would cost more to buy their crappy insurance than it costs for us to pay our monthly bills to live. Naturally we have no choice but to pay the penalty. Most people are in this boat. If the IRS tacks (pun fully intended) the "penalty" onto our yearly taxes, OF COURSE IT IS A TAX. Hello!

The war of semantics continues.....Like when they started calling soldiers "troops", even though that is not the correct definition, so that when they reported "troop deaths", it didn't sound as bad as when they said "soldier's deaths".

They count on many weak-minded zombies to swallow this nonsense, and, according to the obamabots on my facebook page, it is working.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ive had medical ins since the day I was born, My first job out of HS gave me Ins as soon as I went full time.

Ever since Ive had it, of course paid my employee contributions...

Does that Mean I have been paying a tax the whole time? because if its a tax, than wouldn't that mean my old premiums where a tax as well.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Since its cheaper now, i will cancel my insurance that i have and pay the fine. that way when i am sick or injured i have saved all that money and i will get free health care. Also i cannot thank my neighbors for this as they are almost all illegal immigrants. I mean undocumented workers- that dont work.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

Then you can thank ME!!!!!

Cheers!! If you get sick please keep it simple and don't be angry if I insist that they place you in a Ward room with 10 other patients. BTW I will also insist that you eat what is served rather than choosing from a menu.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Hmmmmm.....

Romney team agrees with Obama: Individual mandate not a tax

spokesman for Mitt Romney said the former Massachusetts governor agrees with President Obama that the individual mandate upheld by the Supreme Court last week is a penalty or a fine, rather than a tax.

But the ruling and the conflicting statements highlights the trouble Romney has in going after the president on healthcare. As governor of Massachusetts, Romney instituted a healthcare law that includes an individual mandate, and at the time, he too portrayed it as a penalty or a fine, rather than a tax.

“The governor has consistently described the mandate in Massachusetts as a penalty,” Fehrnstrom said

thehill.com...

Here is the only honest part of your OP...

Originally posted by jibeho

Welcome to the lies and denial

edit on 2-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Yes. Can someone please answer that last question. Who's going to pay for that?

***HAND RAISED***

I can answer that!!

Every working American who makes less than $120,000 per year (most of us who have a job)!

Pay close attention to minute 1:45

edit on 2-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Hmmmmm.....

Romney team agrees with Obama: Individual mandate not a tax

spokesman for Mitt Romney said the former Massachusetts governor agrees with President Obama that the individual mandate upheld by the Supreme Court last week is a penalty or a fine, rather than a tax.

But the ruling and the conflicting statements highlights the trouble Romney has in going after the president on healthcare. As governor of Massachusetts, Romney instituted a healthcare law that includes an individual mandate, and at the time, he too portrayed it as a penalty or a fine, rather than a tax.

“The governor has consistently described the mandate in Massachusetts as a penalty,” Fehrnstrom said

thehill.com...

Here is the only honest part of your OP...

Originally posted by jibeho

Welcome to the lies and denial

edit on 2-7-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the info. I don't know what to call this. However, we are supposed to uphold what the SCOTUS says eh?? TAX according to them. Too Funny!! The politicians are afraid to use the word TAX.

LIes and denial?? IF this was a thread about Romney perhaps. But its not. Watch the finger pointing

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

You get the first gold star of the day!!

That's why Obama is afraid to call this the largest tax increase in the history of the world. Another notable first for Obama to add to his growing list of firsts. (it grows like the deficit)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Is it a tax, is it a penalty? Who cares they both cost you money. What a waste of a thread.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I am from Canada...I currently live in the UK...Have spent a good amount of time in the USA....I am not so sure of what people are afraid of...IT IS A TAX.....so what...it is a collective tax from all citizens....to become a part of a greater scheme...the more in the scheme the cheaper the scheme becomes...It is the basis of all insurance...Even private insurance...the more you have contributing to the scheme the cheaper the scheme becomes especially if you have more healthy people contributing to the overall scheme....also a healthier nation provides a more productive workforce...therefore more people contributing to the scheme.

I really don't know why people would oppose a system which allows a benefit for all those who need it rather than just the ones who can afford it....Heck with the system in the states you can still maintain a two teir system so the ones who can afford it will pay for the extra care they want...but i almost guarantee you that the rich will use the system just as much as the poor....I know many wealthy people who readily use the free NHS service provided here in the uk.....heck it helps to line their pockets even further.

The joke i always refer too is...there is a American and a Canadian...sitting in a waiting room in a Canadian hospital after a bar brawl....they are both beat up pretty badly ...but the Canadian is sitting there smugly Laughing...the American leans over with his busted nose and broken leg...and say what you Laughing at.

The Canadian looks him in the eye....I will get fixed up for free.....and laughs louder.

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Is it a tax, is it a penalty? Who cares they both cost you money. What a waste of a thread.

Sorry you don't like my thread. Go create your own thread. Oh wait, you never have created one of your own. Bye Bye! Thanks for your valuable insight.

Sorry you missed the madness aspect of this duck and cover by the white house. They got the victory that they wanted and now want to run from the reality road paved for them by Justice Roberts.
Hope that helps

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

First of all, the "Penalty" only applies to 1% and rates will go down

That is the thing about Obama care if only 1% is "being a burden,and forcing healthcare rates up on the rest" then what is the point?

The left is lying nothing about Obama care makes any sense unless it is a back door tax which only goal is to raise more tax revenue for Team Obama.
edit on 2-7-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Oh but i love this thread, it's a fine example of someone falling for the word games that poloticians love to play. You don't need no stinking critical thinking jibeho just suck up every word a polotician tells you. That's why the bums get elected over and over agian.

top topics

join