It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparent meteor strike at sunset Perth, W.A. - pic at link with very unusual flame-like tail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak
Ok, this was just posted on youtube...the guy speaking mentions 'chemtrail', but look at the trajectory - too obtuse for a contrail/flight path off Perth I reckon. Don't know though. (Sorry, I seem a bit non-technical as I can't find the video number to embed.)

www.youtube.com...

edit: The chemtrail he is talking about I think, is there is a plane leaving a contrail in the video above this flame thing into the ocean. So...here you can see a real contrail, and the unusual thing going down into the ocean beneath it.

Could someone please let me know the video number of this on youtube so I could embed it? I
edit on 1-7-2012 by cloudbreak because: (no reason given)

Here's how -- the entire url is h t t p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWkqLyIv03c&feature=player_embedded

The part you want is the string after the v= and stops at the &feature. the &feature is not in all youtube vidoes, and other strings can be after, but the one youre interested in is directly after the v= and before any & following it.

In this case its VWkqLyIv03c

So to embed this into a post, you can do it manually by typing [ yvid ]VWkqLyIv03c[/ yvid ] -- removing the spaces in the parenthesis.

Of you can paste that same string into the Youtube buttone above your reply.

So that would make it

Hope I didn't confuse you..

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloudbreak
reply to post by mainidh

mainidh - check out the video someone recently posted. It would be highly unlikely if it were a contrail.

You can see one real contrail going at right angles to the thing going into the ocean (which isn't dispersed like the thing going into the ocean).

Well...I'm sure people in Perth will get to the bottom of it, but the chances of it being a contrail now just dropped significantly looking at this vid.

www.youtube.com...

I'm still keeping an eye on it, sometimes due to the curvature of the earth it might appear things are headed into the ground/sea much like some meteorites can be seen going up into the sky. Perspective changes things.

But I'm still waiting for an official reply about it - I'm now on the fence. alfa1 did provide compelling evidence!

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by cloudbreak

No. There is one contrail. The horizontal clouds are low level clouds. There would be no air traffic flying north-south west of Perth to produce a contrail.

The narrator is talking about the "chemtrail" going "straight into the sea". His written description:

thought it was a phat chemtrail but it was the remains of a meteor trail.

edit on 7/1/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Wow. Are you saying that long ultra thin streak is a cloud?

If you read what he says again, he says "thought" it was a chemtrail "BUT" was the remains of a meteor trail.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Are you saying that long ultra thin streak is a cloud?

Yes.

If you read what he says again, he says "thought" it was a chemtrail "BUT" was the remains of a meteor trail.

And he says it's "going straight into the sea". He is talking about the vertical (relative to the horizon) contrail, not the horizontal cloud.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
This from this lunarmeteoritehunters.blogspot.com.au...

Meteor hunters website
Meteor plunges into ocean lighting up Perth sky
Perth Now
THIS fiery streak in the sky amazed Perth beachgoers at sunset as a suspected meteor plunged into the ocean off the WA coast.

*** (Several photos that I have thus far reviewed appear to show an aircraft contrail.)***

I would tend to believe people who spend their time hunting meteors

but on the other hand there is a sighting from Christchurch NZ Residents report meteor sightings
The Nelson Mailwww.stuff.co.nz...
A number of Christchurch residents are reporting sightings of a suspected meteor or meteor shower in the skies over Canterbury last night.

Lantern event sparks 'meteor' sightings

edit on 1-7-2012 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

Thanks. Well, I am not convinced either one way or the other at this point either...yes it could be from that flight having looked more closely, but the trajectory doesn't sit right with me, even taking into account other variables.

I hope more people will post pictures/videos proving it a contrail or otherwise.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Are you saying that long ultra thin streak is a cloud?

Yes.

And he says it's "going straight into the sea". He is talking about the vertical (relative to the horizon) contrail, not the horizontal cloud.

Ok, you might be right on the cloud bit having looked more closely.

But he does write "thought is was a phat chemtrail BUT was the remains of a meteor".

I really don't know, and am not an expert on contrails and whatnot, so you might be right. I will wait though until I find more pictures and evidence. My intention is not to argue nor be bullheaded on some tinfoil theory, but would like to know 100% what it is. The thing that got me a little suspicious over this is because of exactly how I described earlier, the archives for that coastcam at that particular timeslot got disabled, while all other times to the minute could be searched.

Then the whole minute-function search was disabled a little later. Hopefully coincidence.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   

The chances are great that you will hear no more about it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Probably. But it's fun to dream otherwise.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   

I've seen quite afew of these over Sydney

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Still can't find the video...
Anyways, this is a comparison picture of the 2008 TC3 confirmed meteorite/bolide event with a suspected meteor in Colorado Nov 18th.

I'm still thinking it's quite possible that this Perth event is a bolide/meteorite, perhaps of some size, 5-10m range similar to 2008 TC3 enough to leave dust up there where noctilucent clouds usually form, perhaps dropping much lower as well? Interesting to say the least

Still its probably just a typical contrail, here's a pic of it which I must say does look more like a contrail.

Worth looking up any seismic events?? Bed for now though

edit on 1-7-2012 by Qumulys because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Actually seen almost the exact same thing off the coast of Southern California. i do have a picture of it, but I'm not on my home comp right now. Ill upload the image when I have it.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
In the comments section of "Perth Now" & later in "Lunatic outpost" regarding this event a rather interesting comment has been made:-

"Ok, it was a meteor... so why is there a vapor trail visible on radar and by naked eye off exmouth?... and been there for nearly 24 hours? Also is still visible on bom.gov.au 512km radar? No vapor trail remains stationary for 24hrs.."

I would be interested in any feedback from the regular posters of this thread (The Bikie, the Hand-glider trekkie, cloudbreak and Q star spirals)

Respect

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Just so you guys know (and can investigate if you'd like)

Yesterday people were using that pic to tell what they saw in AU and NZ. Today is the first time I heard of the US reporting the same.

Is it possible that such a broad area saw this? From NZ to US West Coast?

If that is the case, you can rule out cloud right?

Meteor sounds about right, but i've never seen a tail that stays for 'hours'
edit on 7/1/2012 by mudbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Imo it was a missle launch from sea. It was launched from over the horizon and as the missle left the atmosphere the "contrail" stops abruptly. That could explain why the gov run cameras were stopped during this period of time.

Meteors don't leave nice thick contrails. That comes from burning fuels.

Again imho.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

The shadow of the trail being produced on the thin cloud above follows the trail all the way to the horizon.
Had that been something entering the sea within eyesight that shadow would be petered out long before, it's the hallmark of a contrail's passage across the sky, in those conditions, and in the line of the sun.

edit on 1-7-2012 by smurfy because: picture.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
[

Umm, Not that I am in the know, but, why are three round objects in the sky? Sun, Moon, and What is the other round object?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I've seen a piece of space junk re-enter the atmosphere during the middle of the day and the poxy little bit of cork screwed smoke/vapor etc doesn't hang around longer than about 5 minutes due to the extremely high altitude and high wind speed up there. Looking at the evidence provided I'm going with the contrail off the UAE flight.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

It looks nothing like a meteor and everything like the contrail of a jet flying from beyond the horizon.

I agree and have noticed that a significant portion of the meteor strike/secret missile launch photos as of the last couple years seem to be taken with the perfect conditions for a contrail to appear as if its "fire"....that being sunset...or low horizon perspective.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one

It looks nothing like a meteor and everything like the contrail of a jet flying from beyond the horizon.

I agree and have noticed that a significant portion of the meteor strike/secret missile launch photos as of the last couple years seem to be taken with the perfect conditions for a contrail to appear as if its "fire"....that being sunset...or low horizon perspective.

All well and good, except that that particular area is bereft of those conditions most of the time, and that the visual effect seen would also be a rarity, not something particularly conducive to conceal a planned missile launch.
That is not to say it was not a missile or rocket, but is more likely manmade, and not a meteor. No reports of a sonic boom either.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join