It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wall street trader commits suicide in courtrom

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I know a lot of people are going to think my comments are callous but so what.After what these maggots have done [investment banking houses including all traders and litigators]I only hope this is only the beginning of a long trend, next time I hope its a 12 gauge right on the trading floor , as far as the supposed mass arrests coming I only prey that all these parasites will opt out for suicide .

former Wall Street trader and Yale-educated attorney, who was convicted of arson yesterday for burning down his Phoenix mansion, appeared to pop a pill after hearing the guilty verdict in court and died minutes later, according to Fox 10 News in Phoenix via New York Daily News. Michael James Marin, who once reached the summit of Mount Everest, was convicted in Maricopa County Superior Court "of arson of an occupied structure" after setting his $3.5 million Biltmore Estates mansion on fire because he could no longer pay his $17,500 monthly mortgage, according to media reports. At the time, he was reportedly found outside the home wearing a SCUBA gear after escaping from the second-floor. The video in court shows Marin appearing to swallow something after hearing the jury read the verdict. Moments later he started having convulsions and was pronounced dead before he arrived at the hospital, the reports said. Maricopa County authorities told Fox 10 News they can't verify the cause of death until the toxicology report results come out. The New York Daily News points out that the crime would have put Marin away for about 16 years. Check out the video from Fox 10 News in Phoenix. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by QUEEQUEG

I won't loose any sleep over that one but your post is a little deceiving , he was not in court for insider trading but burning his house .

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Wonder why he burned the house down. Most folk would try and sell it and move to something more affordable.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Azadok2day

Never said he was, lately though there has been a lot more discussion in the alternative media about coming arrests in the banking cabals ,
Ask your self this question why would a banking litigator set his house on fire obviously it wasn't for the insurance or because he couldn't afford it, sounds more like an act of extreme desperation and depression ,either one works for me.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
You know what...... I don't care. Good.

How many kids, elderly, and many others are homeless or poor because of people like him.
Not to mention how many people killed themselves after they lost everything. How many divorces, ect.

I wouldn't kill him for what HIS KIND have done, but I will not even pretend to care. Good.

Screw him. Poor baby can't live in a mansion. Boo Hoo.

I don't have a superior enlightened attitude for them.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Another person who lost his identity to a possession. A million dollar mansion became his reason for living....he no longer owned it, it owned him. What a pitiful life to live....

Des

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Another person who lost his identity to a possession. A million dollar mansion became his reason for living....he no longer owned it, it owned him. What a pitiful life to live....

Des

I'm with you Des- was thinking the same thing.
Its very telling in itself as to the mindsets of these bankers/traders, & it becomes easier to see how they have no conscious for the 99%.
Ending ones life as the only viable option than going to jail, burning ones house rather than living within his means....
I feel sad that he never evolved past his own self-serving, materialistic needs. At least while they're (the bankers) alive theres hope they will change for the better-failing that, Karma would push them into the realization.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Des

Materialism at its utmost.. such a shame

What about when the internet goes down?
I can see some crazy stuff happening then!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Obviously...the man made some horrible choices. His soul was heavily connected to wealth of money and materialism. The worship of money, power and greed...eternally...gets a person...nowhere.

He should have sold his house. moved into a place he could afford and paid his debts.

Suicide is never a good option. All the ones...the person leaves behind...that love and care about them. It is painful when a loved one kills themselves.

I personally....don't wish suicide for anyone...but I do hope that people will realize the real riches in life are to love and be loved.

I hope that many people will turn away from their wrong doings....do what is right...forgive others and themselves...and choose to live a good life.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think we've all hit the nail on the head with this one. The guy was an idiot for allowing wealth and power to be his life, without those things and possessions he believed he was worthless.

It's a shame, in my opinion, when anyone chooses to end their own life. Things come and go, we never know where we're going to be in another week, month or year. There is every chance that he would be living an extremely happy life right now if he'd just let go of that attachment to money when it no longer worked.

If he'd sold his house and started living in the real world perhaps he would be happier now than he'd ever been in his life? We'll never know.

This is what extreme wealth does to people. It warps their minds and leads them to do some crazy things. We have to wonder what this means for all the bankers and traders out there living this life - what exactly would they do for their money?

There lies the problem and the reason for the biggest economic collapse we have ever seen. The psychopaths are running the show, and they don't even see they have a problem. They're so detached from the realities of being Human that they become mentally defective.

They would literally sell their own grandmother - and the entire Human race too - if it made them another million.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

lets makee sure hes dead and leave him in the desert for 7 days. I dont trust him.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

He apparently couldn't sell it, so i think he was most likely going after the insurance money

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
c'mon this is ATS

he was poisoned !

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Come all lets be a little bit nicer eh? he may have left a wife and kids behind so lets at least stop the name calling eh?
Yeah he was a wall street trader and they can be lumped in the same boat as bankers but dudes have a little respect he is now dead.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Wonder why he burned the house down. Most folk would try and sell it and move to something more affordable.

These type of people are not "most folk". The shame of not being able to afford $17,500 per month is unbearable to them.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Yes, he was, by himself. The video of it show him put something in his mouth and swallow.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Put a warning up dude for that video...I just watched a man kill himself.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as well as if a manor of thy friend's or of thine own were; any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee.
John Donne

My last thought on this is a message to the global elite, as a small controlling group you cannot govern a species by fear and repression, history has taught us one thing, eventually all civilizations that are controlled by force and wealth collapse, no exceptions

edit on 30-6-2012 by QUEEQUEG because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

mkultra

the brainwashing has begun !

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Did you not think considering the subject matter we are discussing here that might have been the case.???

Putting a warning on this is like the warning that McDonalds has to put on their coffee cups saying, Warning: HOT COFFEE. it's a bit obvious.

How about we take some responsibility for our own actions? and understand fully what we are dealing with before acting, drinking, or watching something.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join