It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

wall street trader commits suicide in courtrom

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm not moved by this wall street traders grief at all. Sounds like nature correcting it's self to me.

Not going to loose sleep over this dudes demise. hopefully it sets a moral example to the rest of the banker scum to follow.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a'last the upper middle class and and beyond.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
c'mon this is ATS

he was poisoned !

No! It was mutated bird flu or bath salts.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
Wonder why he burned the house down. Most folk would try and sell it and move to something more affordable.

Probably for the same reason I would. If I can't have it, then the banks aren't going to get it, either.
I find it strange that a Wall Street fancy lad couldn't pay his mortgage. It's just weird to see them eat each other, like cannibalism in the spider kingdom.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
17500 a month mortgage eh? Then commits suicide. Meh another sad story, only thing is this guy had money to get help but he squandered it. No sympathy save for the immediate family.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I'd like to know what sort of tablet you could take that would finish you off in 5 minutes.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
I'd like to know what sort of tablet you could take that would finish you off in 5 minutes.

Cyanide maybe?

Initially, acute cyanide poisoning causes a red or ruddy complexion in the victim because the tissues are not able to use the oxygen in the blood. The effects of potassium and sodium cyanide are identical. The person loses consciousness, and death eventually follows over a period of time. During this period, convulsions may occur. Death occurs not by cardiac arrest, but by hypoxia of neural tissue.

en.wikipedia.org...

Notice how red the guys face gets? Convulsions. As soon as the poison hits the brain it stops functioning immediately. Inhaling it is almost instant, pills take a few minutes to digest.

BTW no sympathy for this guy. He should have been forced to come live where I do in da hood lol.

edit on 6/30/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I am not gonna watch the vid probably , but I do feel mercy for him. I forgive him and am very sorry.

How can you be happy that this man is dead if you preach anti-materialism? Because it was his lust for material that justifies celebrating his untimely death?

No, it is not justified. This is wrong, and it reveals that those we view as predators are also victims of the same system that vexes us all.

It is the system that should die, not any human beings.
Folks we need to get our heads on straight and focus on the objectives.

I cannot celebrate the death of any human, because that would make me a hypocrite.

I can however understand how this man chose the path he did at this point. He probably feared prison more than anything else because he assumed he would be sexually assaulted and beaten, so he took his life.

This man judged himself, and gave himself the death penalty.
So I respect and will honor his bold self-proclamation, and forgive him of any trespasses..
What's done is done.

Sad what things have come to though....

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I don't think anyone is celebrating his death, just have no concern for him.

Why should we care? He was part of the problem.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So this guy was a Wall Street Trader and burned down his house he supposedly could not afford...then pops a suicide pill out of no where upon a guilty verdict?

First things that ran through my mind, were A. Did he really actually burn down his house? B. Who has a handy stash of suicide pills?

Now the conspiracy chick in me is running wild with this one...what if he knew something and someone burned down his house as a threat or to indicate him into shutting up? What if he knew that he was absolutely screwed because if he got to prison they'd kill him anyway? Etc., etc. His resume is rather interesting as well as the situation surrounding the fire....I don't know something smells here...this guy was a Yale educated lawyer who had been VP of Salomon Brothers, Senior VP at Lehman Brothers, and the Director of Merrill Lynch's Asia Pacific operations.

I call BS. I think this guy knew something and was framed, possibly in put into the financial position because he knew too much, didn't play ball and then oops his house burns down...oops he's convicted, I think this is a case of a man who knew he was absolutely screwed. The question is why? He had four children, had climbed Everest for god's sake...like I said, something stinks here.

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

It is the system that should die, not any human beings.
Folks we need to get our heads on straight and focus on the objectives.

I cannot celebrate the death of any human, because that would make me a hypocrite.

Indeed.

Although I can't help think he's a coward. The man obviously thought he was higher than those who HAVE to go to court over lost homes, bankruptcy, petty crimes as the result of poverty - part of the system he was involved.

I won't lose any sleep over this coward, but alas I won't gloat either. Another victim of materialism.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!!!!

I wonder how many FAMILY'S lives were ruined by his actions...

I Wonder how many INNOCENT and DECENT mothers, fathers, sons, and daughters committed SUICIDE because of SCUM like this...

I Hope there is an EXTRA harsh HELL for evil like that. A HELL for the SNAKES who ruin good and decent peoples lifes EVERY SINGLE DAY.

The earth is a BETTER place already due to this news. Many more to go though unfortunately.

edit on 30-6-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think when you get sentenced to prison like that you have 2 choices.
endure or it kill yourself.
how long would you be prepared to sit in prison to see freedom again?

I cannot imagine what it must be like knowing your about to spend soo many long years in a cell. anything more than 7-8yrs i rek'n id do the same thing too!

he a long time before this verdict what his fate would be if he was found guilty.
one thing it did show was an unethical person excels at banking..

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I also think the topic is slightly misleading, because the title implies he was on trial for crimes related to trading, whereas the actual story is him commiting suicide because he failed at life.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Nice stereotypes going on here.

posted on Jul, 4 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
One down, how many to go?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

I see where you're getting at, but I think I have to disagree with your suspicions. If the guy knew something and was going to die anyways, wouldn't he (if he were a good person) just come out and spill the beans before committing suicide?

Honestly, to me it sounds more like the kind of behaviour you see from a psychopath/sociopath. Sure, I feel for the family... I feel for the fact that they had to endure a psycho in their family for so long. Just take a look at the chain of events: guy has a super expensive mansion, can't pay the mortgage, so instead of selling his house he burns it down. Maybe he did this because there are so many middle class people he screwed over to get where he is that if he were to live in a middle class neighbourhood, he would have no friends, and thus no people to take advantage of, or maybe it is just to keep others from obtaining what he possessed at one point in time (both psychopath behaviours). He is sentenced to prison and kills himself... Is it because he is afraid of going to jail, or is it because he just can't stand the thought of people he sees as lower beings having control over him?

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I think when you get sentenced to prison like that you have 2 choices.
endure or it kill yourself.
how long would you be prepared to sit in prison to see freedom again?

I cannot imagine what it must be like knowing your about to spend soo many long years in a cell. anything more than 7-8yrs i rek'n id do the same thing too!

he a long time before this verdict what his fate would be if he was found guilty.
one thing it did show was an unethical person excels at banking..

yes apparently he was faced with something like 16 years for burning the house, much longer than rapists and murderers get in the UK. Rightly or wrongly he obviously didn't want to face that. Also does no one read the source articles? He tried to sell the house, no-one wanted it. He then made a stupid decision to burn it.

I feel sorry for his family and I do have at least a tiny bit of sympathy for him because empathy (even for the guilty) is what makes us different from cold hearted murderers.

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

Cyanide, visually flushed pink face.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join