It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother puts teen bullying footage on Facebook

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Q: If someone hits you, who's fault is it?

A: It's your fault for allowing it to happen.

hmm..I don't see much wisdom in that .

More of the blame the victim mentality.

First of you can't always predict when someone is going to hit you, and stop it before
hand. Also if you do, you look like the aggressor.

I didn't say he was Confucius and usually when someone hits you once they usually do it again. As in this case. She wasn't hit only once.
No one is saying telegraph their movement but realize that you allowing them to hit you and you making no attempt to stop it ,or even get out of the way, is your fault.
edit on 29-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Maybe the mom should pay for a few karate classes...... wtf... fight back...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
omg where were these bullies when i was in school... i would have broke something on them... im boiling looking at the video...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I cant stand bullies. When I ever I see one, I intervene swiftly and harshly.

Do onto others people, do onto others.

I have no qualms with planting my bare cheeks in someones face to blow them a lil butt kiss while I have their arm cranked up behind their back and pull their underwear up over their ears.

Bullies are the bitches of society...and if its their parents makin them that way, I will give the kid my address and say "make sure your daddy hurries along soon now I got a thumpin waiting for him."

They say violence isn't the answer, I disagree. It s the only language bullies understand.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
There are systems for dealing with bully's like gracie bully proof (realistic defensive combatives, not karate), and then there is the wrong way, like not doing anything about it.

If someone physically violates me or my space, that is assault and I have the right to defend myself as is appropriate for the situation.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I didn't say he was Confucius and usually when someone hits you once they usually do it again. As in this case. She wasn't hit only once. No one is saying telegraph their movement but realize that you allowing them to hit you and you making no attempt to stop it ,or even get out of the way, is your fault.

I do understand the point you are making.

But I would like to point out that some schools have a "no touch " policy that is strictly enforced, and it includes hitting back.

Also, there can be consequences to hitting back, because onlookers siding with the bully might just decide to jump in , and then you may be dealing with life long head injuries.

Once again I do get the point you make, but I don't think its as black and white as you say, in all cases.

Standing up for yourself is important, but unfortunately their are limitations to how you do that in many schools, as well as serious consequences not anticipated.

edit on 29-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
To be fair the kid did make himself a target by being so absurdly passive. If he stays like that when he's and adult he is going to get taken advantage of constantly.

I got bullied a fair bit all through primary school and half of high school (I tried to ignore them the same as the kid in this video). The bullying stopped when I started turning around and either embarrassed the crap out of the "attacker" (if it's a girl), or put them flat on their back (if it's a bloke). Only ever needed to do it once with each bully and was never bothered after that. Once you've shown you're not a soft target they back off.

The school can't monitor every single kid every second of the day so stuff like this is always going to slip through the cracks. Life in prison for murder hasn't stopped people from murdering, and ditto goes for severe punishments for bullying. It's just a sad (darker) fact of life that there's always gonna be alpha male/females trying to be leader of the pack by picking on the gentle/weaker ones.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I sympathize with you, I really do. I'm 27 and only a couple inches taller then 5 feet. I also agree with you about some turning out okay. I live in a really small town and see alot of them to this day, and while most of them are adults and act like adults, these are still teens and from my own experience Karma does not work fast enough. The worst I have ever been bullied, I ended up getting my finger broke as in the bully grabbed my pinky and snapped it back. Two weeks later, with my finger still wrapped, he grabbed it again. Out of reflex I drove my pencil as hard as I could into his side. Two stitches later, he left me alone. Another case including seniors trying to initiate me until I pulled one of them cheap katanas out of my car. They didn't mess with me again either. Now, on the other hand, whenever I went to the authorities, I was either punished with the same severity of the bully for fighting back, or it was completely ignored. My father taught me to fight back, and for a long time I thought he was dumb, that violence only begets more violence. Boy was I wrong.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Q: If someone hits you, who's fault is it?

A: It's your fault for allowing it to happen.

hmm..I don't see much wisdom in that .

More of the blame the victim mentality.

First of you can't always predict when someone is going to hit you, and stop it before
hand. Also if you do, you look like the aggressor.

I didn't say he was Confucius and usually when someone hits you once they usually do it again. As in this case. She wasn't hit only once.
No one is saying telegraph their movement but realize that you allowing them to hit you and you making no attempt to stop it ,or even get out of the way, is your fault.
edit on 29-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

I remember once in grade 3
2 big grade 6 kids who were holding both of my arms
while a grade 2 kid punching me

quite hard to defend when you are a little guy
i was really small and skiny

had to hunt one of them down
pushed him in the gym hard saying to back off (didnt want to hit him)
told me he was going to wait for me after school with his friends

l saw him before he saw me and escaped

didnt really had friend .. because parents just moved in this little town we were

ahh good old time .. public school were real jungle
but now bullies have a more humiliating weapon
their phones with video camera
good thing Karma dont let such video creating more harm to the victim
and that it create the total opposite
edit on 6/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bubaroo
My father taught me to fight back, and for a long time I thought he was dumb, that violence only begets more violence. Boy was I wrong.

Indeed, once bitten by a snake, twice shy. Animals with crazy color patterns that say don't mess with me or get the stinger or the teeth. Just because your not as big doesn't mean you can't be a threat. So make yourself not worth it.

Better yet, get proficient in a system of combatives like gracie combatives / brazilian jiu jitsu. Then defending yourself can be very rewarding...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If this was my child every single one of the bullies father's would be getting a visit tonight and they wouldn't be waking up happy.

I like to consider myself a liberal, even pacifist kind of guy but you # with my kids I # with your face.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229
If this was my child every single one of the bullies father's would be getting a visit tonight and they wouldn't be waking up happy.

I like to consider myself a liberal, even pacifist kind of guy but you # with my kids I # with your face.

Ironically it's probably the fathers fault because he is the one who parented the kid into becoming an ahole to begin with. So, I have to agree...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

I sympathize with you, I really do. I'm 27 and only a couple inches taller then 5 feet. I also agree with you about some turning out okay. I live in a really small town and see alot of them to this day, and while most of them are adults and act like adults, these are still teens and from my own experience Karma does not work fast enough. The worst I have ever been bullied, I ended up getting my finger broke as in the bully grabbed my pinky and snapped it back. Two weeks later, with my finger still wrapped, he grabbed it again. Out of reflex I drove my pencil as hard as I could into his side. Two stitches later, he left me alone. Another case including seniors trying to initiate me until I pulled one of them cheap katanas out of my car. They didn't mess with me again either. Now, on the other hand, whenever I went to the authorities, I was either punished with the same severity of the bully for fighting back, or it was completely ignored. My father taught me to fight back, and for a long time I thought he was dumb, that violence only begets more violence. Boy was I wrong.

That makes me remember one time where an ahole decided to fold a paper in 10
to make a V shaped ammo with it and took a big elastic to sling shot it to me

he was in my back with it .. didnt saw him
suddenly i hear Bennnn !! .. i turn and BANG directly in my eye
i though i was going to really kick his ass .. even if i didnt like violence
but then he told me he didnt want me to get hit in the eye
so i forgive him because he did show he wasnt careless after all

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LordGoofus

Just FYI.. It is an autistic girl in the video. As someone who use to work with kids like her, I can assure you that she wasn't just being passive. They live within their own mind.. Some are higher functioning than others..

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

If the girl is really autistic then everyone that even stood there deserve enormous amounts of pain. That is the main reason why I root for the apocalypse. It's a terrible thing to bully a kid, it's worse to do it to someone that doesn't have the capacity to defend themselves. I say, even if they weren't a apart of the group, they should get in trouble for standing there and doing nothing. That's why I'm trying to teach my kids that the pain from a butt kicking lasts a few days, but the feeling of helping someone, for them and the person they helped, lasts a lifetime.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Startruth144

Just FYI.. It is an autistic girl in the video. As someone who use to work with kids like her, I can assure you that she wasn't just being passive. They live within their own mind.. Some are higher functioning than others..

Where did you get the info she was autistic? Please be aware I'm not trying to belittle this at all, I have watched the whole video and I am absolutely disgusted, whether she be autistic or not this behaviour is never acceptable. I'm just trying to get a handle on the info.

As I've said, and I reiterate it now, this behaviour is simply unacceptable.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Where did you get the info she was autistic? Please be aware I'm not trying to belittle this at all, I have watched the whole video and I am absolutely disgusted, whether she be autistic or not this behaviour is never acceptable. I'm just trying to get a handle on the info.

The mother writes that her daughter supports her decision to put the video online. "Kayleigh wants to take an initiative to stop the bullying. We hope that nobody will be confronted with this kind of pestering in the future. (...) The support is doing us a lot of good, but we just want the bullying to stop", she told Het Laatste Nieuws. Kayleigh has an autism spectrum disorder.

The bullies probably knew that from the start
because she was different from others

They are the ones different and bad
that girl is probably very kind and sweet even with autism

edit on 6/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

The mother writes that her daughter supports her decision to put the video online. "Kayleigh wants to take an initiative to stop the bullying. We hope that nobody will be confronted with this kind of pestering in the future. (...) The support is doing us a lot of good, but we just want the bullying to stop", she told Het Laatste Nieuws. Kayleigh has an autism spectrum disorder.

OK, rather embarrassed here for not reading the notes on the video. "Hands up."

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

We used to call them V-Darts actually. I know how bad they can hurt, luckily though I never got one in the eye. It almost sounds like one of them instances like asking your guy friends what the capital of Thailand is. My case was a little different. My bully had been tormenting me for a while, and even after he showed no remorse. And I did go to the Student Resource Officer, the cop they have patrolling the school, and when he questioned the bully, he and his friends told the officer I fell and was just trying to get him in trouble. Because there was more of them then me, they got away with it. It sucked, but I'm glad you are so easy to forgive. That does make me slightly hopeful for the future of mankind. I don't have the same sentiment, but to each his own. I do respect your ability to forgive, I'm not just trolling.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Ben81

We used to call them V-Darts actually. I know how bad they can hurt, luckily though I never got one in the eye. It almost sounds like one of them instances like asking your guy friends what the capital of Thailand is. My case was a little different. My bully had been tormenting me for a while, and even after he showed no remorse. And I did go to the Student Resource Officer, the cop they have patrolling the school, and when he questioned the bully, he and his friends told the officer I fell and was just trying to get him in trouble. Because there was more of them then me, they got away with it. It sucked, but I'm glad you are so easy to forgive. That does make me slightly hopeful for the future of mankind. I don't have the same sentiment, but to each his own. I do respect your ability to forgive, I'm not just trolling.

forgiving a few immature kids is nothing
compare to forgiving Bush Cheney Rumsfeld Obama for their war crimes
i would make them work 80 hrs a week cleaning sewers for the rest of their lives
if it was just for me

since i wouldnt kill them maybe some will indeed find me to easy to forgive
never lower yourself to their level or you are no better

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join