page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by Doodle19815
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

The way I read it was, the bullies were taking the footage. Did I get that wrong? Because, if I did, that Mom has a lot of explaining to do.

Seems like it was the mother who posted it online.

The mother of a 13-year-old school girl from Tielt (West Flanders) has posted a video on Facebook to show how her daughter is being brutally bullied by other pupils. She put the footage online to support her daughter, hoping that such incidents can be avoided in the future.

Something fishy about this...what kind of support is she looking for?

Honestly , i couldn't post a video of my child being bullied, because it would feel like it was humiliating her all over again.

I would save it , and bring it to school officials and police, if that was the last resort for action to be taken, and even then, not sure I could watch my child being hit and do nothing..
edit on 29-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

go back and read the OP ...it clearly states in there that the BULLIES posted the video on youtube FIRST ...and then was taken down but NOT before the mom got a copy and reposted it on facebook.

did you read the post? obviously not ...then you asked stupid questions

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
To bully someone is one thing.
But to bully someone who has autism or any type of disorder is the lowest of the low.
Poor girl just sat there and took it too

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds
reply to post by TheLieWeLive

Q: If someone hits you, who's fault is it?

A: It's your fault for allowing it to happen.

hmm..I don't see much wisdom in that .

More of the blame the victim mentality.

First of you can't always predict when someone is going to hit you, and stop it before
hand. Also if you do, you look like the aggressor.

I didn't say he was Confucius and usually when someone hits you once they usually do it again. As in this case. She wasn't hit only once.
No one is saying telegraph their movement but realize that you allowing them to hit you and you making no attempt to stop it ,or even get out of the way, is your fault.
edit on 29-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

I remember once in grade 3
2 big grade 6 kids who were holding both of my arms
while a grade 2 kid punching me

quite hard to defend when you are a little guy
i was really small and skiny

had to hunt one of them down
pushed him in the gym hard saying to back off (didnt want to hit him)
told me he was going to wait for me after school with his friends

l saw him before he saw me and escaped

didnt really had friend .. because parents just moved in this little town we were

ahh good old time .. public school were real jungle
but now bullies have a more humiliating weapon
their phones with video camera
good thing Karma dont let such video creating more harm to the victim
and that it create the total opposite
edit on 6/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

What's funny is I had pretty much the same scenario in 3rd grade with (2) 6th grader messing with me on our bus ride home. The main antagonist was way bigger than me but I had a No. 2 pencil which I attempted to stab him with. The bus driver had to pull over and separate us. Once he realized this little sh*t will stab him he left me alone. Now many years later our kids are friends and they come over often.

I guess times have changed but standing up for ourselves shouldn't.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by infowarrior9970

Read the whole thread! The issue was solved. They just mis-understood the the article. No need to be a bully and say that they are asking stupid questions, Geesh.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bubaroo

I completely agree with you.

I see videos like this and really wish I was one of the students nearby.. I remember my school days defending several kids like this who were harassed... Although, I do not remember ever seeing bullies take it to this level on kids with developmental disabilities and such when I was in school (80s - 90's)

Every kid who stood by and watched this deserves being reprimanded and the girl who did the main abusing should have the #@%^ knocked out of her!

Violence is sometimes the best way to deal with a bullie IMO..

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815
reply to post by infowarrior9970

Read the whole thread! The issue was solved. They just mis-understood the the article. No need to be a bully and say that they are asking stupid questions, Geesh.

it was stupid questions....did you read it?

saying something is "stupid" does not mean I'm being a bully. geeeez . ALOT of people on the first page didn't read the OP or they wouldn't of posted the nonsense that they did. waste of forum space...and very stupid insinuations based on their misperceptions. actually its very much the way a shill acts in a forum.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by xEphon
To bully someone is one thing.
But to bully someone who has autism or any type of disorder is the lowest of the low.
Poor girl just sat there and took it too

Did she have autism? If that was the case then f*** that girl who was punching her, I would intervene n have a crazy crackhead whoop her ass

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

utterly heartbreaking.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I was brutally bullied in school. So much so that in the 9th grade I chose to walk 8 miles home alone every day. Why? Because I got beat up every time I rode the bus home. I got beat up in school so much I developed a shy kidney and to this day I can't pee if there is anyone else in the room. even if I am in a closed stall I can't do it if someone is in another stall. I had my face bones broken by a bully. It was so bad I made a fake bomb and threatened to kill everyone in the school if it did not stop. The principal caught me anf felt so sorry for me he let me go, even though I lit the fuse on a very real looking stick of dynamite in class.

They even came into my house to bully me. I got 2 shots off with my dad's .22 magnum before the bully finally realized I was trying to kill him. Missed him by less than an inch. To this day I wish I had hit him. If I saw that guy on the street I would kill him on sight without hesitating. If I EVER see that guy again he will die for the hell he put me through.

I think all bullies should be identified at an early age and then given a lethal injection. We would eventually run low on cops and football freaks, but we would manage.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ookie
I was brutally bullied in school. So much so that in the 9th grade I chose to walk 8 miles home alone every day. Why? Because I got beat up every time I rode the bus home. I got beat up in school so much I developed a shy kidney and to this day I can't pee if there is anyone else in the room. even if I am in a closed stall I can't do it if someone is in another stall. I had my face bones broken by a bully. It was so bad I made a fake bomb and threatened to kill everyone in the school if it did not stop. The principal caught me anf felt so sorry for me he let me go, even though I lit the fuse on a very real looking stick of dynamite in class.

They even came into my house to bully me. I got 2 shots off with my dad's .22 magnum before the bully finally realized I was trying to kill him. Missed him by less than an inch. To this day I wish I had hit him. If I saw that guy on the street I would kill him on sight without hesitating. If I EVER see that guy again he will die for the hell he put me through.

I think all bullies should be identified at an early age and then given a lethal injection. We would eventually run low on cops and football freaks, but we would manage.

And this is why kids needs need to learn to fight..... lol...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

I had a green belt in Tae Kwon Do back then. I knew how to fight, I just could not beat up people twice my size. When I turned 16 I had a growth spurt and all of a sudden I was bigger than a lot of my bullies. I got my revenge on most of them. One guy got 6 months in the hospital, 3 of them in the ICU. That was my greatest moment. I have never enjoyed anything more than the feeling I had that night, watching my foe twitch and bleed in the snow. I thought he was going to die. That is why I quit beating him. I wanted to watch him die a slow death in pain. When he wasn't dead and I realized I was in the snow, at midnight, without a coat on, with wet (bloody) hands and feet and that it was 10 degrees outside I went on and made the classic mistake of leaving him for dead. Apparently someone found him and took him to the doctor. Wish they hadn't.

I seriously have no pity for a bully. They should all die in horrible ways. There is no excuse.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This is what happened in Australia. And yes I encourage any kid who is being bullied and under physical attack to do the same thing.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

I had a wise Sensei tell me this once:

That sensei probably wasn't autistic. The girl mentioned in this video was, as am I. The sensei can perhaps be considered correct from the point of view that yes, our physical mannerisms do at times announce to the world that we might be an easy target. I also agree, however, that people need to physically stand up for themselves; although in America, with the police behaving the way they do, that can put you in another situation which can be even more dangerous than the initial one.

As a kid at school myself, I typically had someone picking on me for close to six months before I did anything physically. Once I did, however, that was it. One of the people who it happened to, ended up needing facial reconstructive surgery.

It is also true, and I knew this even at the time, that the primary goal of violence in such situations, is intimidation. The point is not so much the degree of real injury you do to the bully, as it is to create a scenario where the bully literally believes that he or she is about to die, as a result of you employing what appears to be overwhelming force.

Injuring a person physically, on its' own, is pointless, even for defensive purposes. Physical wounds heal. Psychological wounds very often don't; so if you ever attack someone, you go for their mind, not their body; and to the extent that you damage their body, you do so purely as an indirect means of attacking the mind.

You can't make a psychopath care about what they do to you; but you can make them care about their own survival. That is their only point of psychological vulnerability; and it is therefore what you target. Fear is what you want; and the way you get that, is by giving them an experience which, from their perspective, feels as though they are naked in the path of a hurricane, or something similar to an atomic bomb. All they can do is lie on the ground in a foetal position and cry, while you continue to hit them. They have no ability to retaliate, or even shield themselves.

That is how you do it.
edit on 30-6-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Is anyone else a bit bored of the media talking up death threats in the age of the internet? I get death threats every other day on the internet. There should be some criteria for death threats over the internet to be taken seriously, not someone saying "I will kill these brats" on a Youtube comment being reported as a "death threat"

From reading the media report of things like this you would think lunatics and killers are preparing their snipers and driving up to the bullies houses

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Someone needs to pound the s**t out of that bitch.

I was a very skinny kid in school and couldn't defend myself. My heart goes out to the victim.

She's bigger than I was. She could have beaten the crap out of that wench. I wish she had.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by phatpackage
reply to post by Ben81

This is what happened in Australia. And yes I encourage any kid who is being bullied and under physical attack to do the same thing.

Interesting follow for that video;
edit on 30-6-2012 by digitalf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

The BULLIES filmed it and posted it.

the mother WATCHED it online and downloaded it and POSTED IT LATER!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Parents like this are the responsible for this kind of stuff

sad, just sad

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I got picked on a ton in highschool because i had a disability, how shallow is that? You can lay that at the feet of Hillary Clinton, before she advocated to remove mandatory corporal punishment from public school, bullies could have gotten their asses paddled and humiliated in front of their friends to humble them. After she had that removed when Slick Willy was in office, this crap got worse. I guess the government never heard that old addage "If it aint broke don't fix it". Ofcourse most of them are dead or in jail now, and i didn't even have to lift a finger.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

So if we take this logic and run with it...

The teen abused by an adult is to blame.
The woman raped in an alley is to blame.
The wife beaten by her husband is to blame.

?

While I would agree that people are responsible for remaining in a dangerous situation when they have the option to leave, you cannot immediately make such a general statement and blame the victim. There is a lot at play here from a psychological standpoint and it's not as simple as "hit them back".

Every person is different, and every situation is different. You cannot ever blame the victim for violence perpetrated against them - it is always the fault of the perpetrator of that violence, whether you can fight back or not.

I know you probably didn't intend to make it sound the way you have, but you really do seem to be defending violence against others and accusing the victim of being responsible because they're somehow "weak". And that is pretty shocking.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join