It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother puts teen bullying footage on Facebook

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CowabungaPT

In reading these posts. I am struck by how many of you seem to forget your own school experiences. Who was the Target in your school? We had a very tall gangly kid. Well over six feet, and I clearly remember watching a bully have to jump to hit him in the face. He looked ridiculous.

Growing up in a primarily Latino school, and having red hair didn't actually allow me a low profile. From the bullied stand point, I watch these painful videos, and wonder why I never spiked the little brat. Would've solved a lot. The final bullying moment I experienced was an Indian (feather not dot) pulled a knife on me in the middle of the cafeteria AT lunch. I leaned forward. DO IT!!!! Big Indian, outweighed me by a solid 80lbs. He backed off. And I had no more problems.

What a shame. We have enough rage and shame in puberty. Why do we have to add?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
I got picked on a ton in highschool because i had a disability, how shallow is that? You can lay that at the feet of Hillary Clinton, before she advocated to remove mandatory corporal punishment from public school, bullies could have gotten their asses paddled and humiliated in front of their friends to humble them. After she had that removed when Slick Willy was in office, this crap got worse. I guess the government never heard that old addage "If it aint broke don't fix it". Ofcourse most of them are dead or in jail now, and i didn't even have to lift a finger.

Damn i hate her .. she is the most useless woman alive
and they let her do vacation trips all around the world to make politics
recently had her 100th travels

I normaly dont say these things .. but damn she is one fugly b****
if she wasnt that evil and proud of it .. i wouldnt be able to see her uglyness to such point

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snakedoctorjw
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

The BULLIES filmed it and posted it.

the mother WATCHED it online and downloaded it and POSTED IT LATER!

I guess you didn't get to the posts where I said I was terrible for not reading further, and I deserve 40 lashes with a wet noodle for being so assumptive, and jumping to conclusions without reading it all first.

I realized my mistake and felt ashamed..happy now ?

No big deal, but you just basically did what I did, which is not read the whole thing, and it happens from time to time. I won't hold it against you.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhisperingWinds

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Seems to be the new trend to post bullying videos online.
That's one way to take care of this problem, sometimes death threats take it too far though.

I agree, the death threats go to far.

The only reason I can see for recording this is for proof to press charges, because it was ongoing, and the authorities could do nothing.

I can see no reason for watching my kid get slapped and kicked, and have them subjected to millions seeing their humiliation online.. unless there is a very good reason.

If you do not want pure hate against you do not do things that inspire pure hate. Karma is a bitch. Teach the kids not to bully. If not for the reason that they should be nice then for the fear of what will happen to them if they do not behave. I would probably have lost it if I had seen this and that girl would have ended up in a hospital. 2 wrongs might not make a right but she would never do that again if she had to pay in extreme pain for what she had done.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive
First of all the girl on the side walk has no self confidence. To allow someone to do this to her and not even try and stand up for herself shows that. Yes the bully is to blame but to hell with someone grabbing your hair or slapping you. Stand up and stop it. Fear goes both ways. I bet if she did slap the hell out of her it might not make her stop but It will make her think twice about touching her next time. What's a few bruises compared to your dignity?

The mom needs to help build this girls confidence up.

I had a wise Sensei tell me this once:

Q: If someone hits you, who's fault is it?
A: It's your fault for allowing it to happen.
edit on 29-6-2012 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

No it is not. It is not your fault that they do not leave you alone. It is like saying if you are shoot it is you fault for letting the person shoot you. The agressor is always at fault and is making sure the persons who have low self asteem always are in fear so they do not get self esteem. If society would have given back instant karma on the agressor then agressors would not have existed since they would have behaved out of self perseverance.
edit on 30-6-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

You are so right. The psychological assault is the assault that lingers. If not there wouldn't be so many people here relating their stories.

You are so right, you cannot change a psychopaths feelings towards others, but you can put the fear of death into him to leave you alone. Bullys are not nor have ever been politically correct, therefore cannot be dealt with in a politically correct fashion. There is no rationalizing with the irrational. But behavior modification works well. Mess with me again and I'll give it back to you worse.

My son oldest son is an Aspie. In kindergarten, no less was when he faced his first bully. Gave him just about the same speech. He put the fear into the kid and was left alone by every other bully in the school. My son is not a violent person, no it didn't even come to this, but I'm pretty sure if it needed to he would have.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Well, I think most of you don't understand this article.

The mother of the 13-years old Kayleigh wasn't there when tis happened. Se saw this footage on youtube, made a copy and posted it on facebook.Why? She wanted that other kids saw how sick they are when they bully other kids.

Kacey has to appear in court and her parents punished her. Also there's a chance she will be given community service. Also she ruined her own future because I think no boss wants to employ someone with a criminal record stating that she attacked a girl who was ONLY waitingfor her bus...The only thing why she said sorry (kacey) was because many of her friends let her fall.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomousSwans

Well, I think most of you don't understand this article.

I think 99% of the members posting did understand , and those that didn't were quickly corrected.(I think I may have been the only one who didn't get the whole story, and others may have been influenced at first by what I posted)

This happens when you don't read past the first page, but can't say I blame you.

edit on 30-6-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
We need to call Mayhem Miller and put them on Bully Beatdown!!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
perhaps kids these days need to learn to nut up.

when kids were allowed to fight in school less school shootings happened

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Another bullying case

this is why kids dont like school anymore
most kids just wants to learn in peace without being attacked each day
but you really need to be low to do that to a young girl who already suffer of autism spectrum disorder

Shame on the bullies .. they are and will be the losers for ever
how can a kid turn into a bullie .. i will never understand that

The end of the video might be hard to watch for certain
but we all need to witness it so it doesnt happen anymore
teaching our own kids with respect is a must for every familly

Mother puts teen bullying footage on Facebook teen, teenage, bullying, physical, aggression, slapped, kicked, pulled, hair, bullies, footage, harassment, bus, station, Belgium, Roeselare, Kayleigh, Vandeleene

The mother of a 13-year-old school girl from Tielt (West Flanders) has posted a video on Facebook to show how her daughter is being brutally bullied by other pupils. She put the footage online to support her daughter, hoping that such incidents can be avoided in the future.

The video goes back to last Tuesday. The victim is waiting at the Roeselare bus station when a group of other pupils from her school arrive. One girl starts bullying her, with the support of her friends and with one pupil making a four-minute movie.

The victim is being told to stand up. The verbal aggression is followed by physical aggression. The girl is being slapped in the face and kicked, and is being pulled by the hair several times.

The movie was first put on YouTube by the bullies. It was removed, but the mother of the victim had a copy and put the footage online on Facebook, titled "How low can you go? Kayleigh's last school day."

"I did this to support my daughter"
The mother wanted to share the video to support her daughter and to make a statement. It worked: the film was shared over 70,000 times in a couple of days. Most viewers express their support for the victim and some have very hard comments towards the bullies. A Facebook hate group was created against the 15-year-old girl that takes the lead in the incident. She also received death threats.

The mother writes that her daughter supports her decision to put the video online. "Kayleigh wants to take an initiative to stop the bullying. We hope that nobody will be confronted with this kind of pestering in the future. (...) The support is doing us a lot of good, but we just want the bullying to stop", she told Het Laatste Nieuws. Kayleigh has an autism spectrum disorder.

I hope she have nice vacation like Karen
Bullying kids : Making The Bus Monitor Cry (video),
edit on 6/29/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

Can someone please tell me why videos that people post get censored, like this one, and now has the circle with a line over the play arrow? Am I just too late? I see there a 4 pages of responses so it must have been available for some time. Unfortunately I don't know the actual name of the video to search on YouTube by name. Can someone help a ATS brother out?

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BulletShogun

YouTube deleted the video because there was to much violence in it. You only can see the video on facebook.

posted on Jul, 1 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VenomousSwans

I deactivated my facebook, no link then?

posted on Jul, 2 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Put a few of the words in the title (eg mother, teen, bullying) into google and it'll show the copies of the original video that people have uploaded.

Why has someone got to be blamed here? Each party, be it the parents, the person being bullied and the person doing the bullying ALL have their part to play.
Ive always thought that bullying comes across as a person trying to ascertain how far they can 'push' things, and how far they can go with it. Much like how you see small children misbehaving as a way to establish what they can and cannot do.

One thing you rarely see is someone sticking up for themselves whilst being bullied, which is by far the best thing to do, and I have literally no idea why people are told to simply ignore it or tell someone. Especially when you consider that by the time a child would be pushed to the point of telling someone, its likely that the bully has the idea firmly lodged within their brains that their actions will go unpunished. Plus, the person thats being bullied will have had their confidence battered in such a way that they are a far easier target for any future bullies.
Seems logical to me to advise children that nipping it in the bud themselves, whether they are the victim or a bystander, has its benefits.

Not that I have the foggiest what Im on about of course... I can only remember one girl from school being bullied when I was about 13, and it was never physical. School for me was more about weekly falling outs over who we were sitting next to in class, which of us was going to marry Nick from BSB, and forming rivalries on the basis that a (former) friend had dared to speak to a boy with whom you enjoyed a deep and meaningful 4 1/2 hour relationship with whilst you were both at nursery.

Oh how things, er, haven't changed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join