It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Database of what you can barter for after SHTF

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Hi,
I'm thinking people will be in the retreating phase for a long time...

One can be assured that the unmanned drones will be used for this purpose?

Life is weird, in that as a youth I wanted to off myself...and now that life is good, someone else has taken on the desire to end me, and you, and all of us.

As an individual, I am a force to be reckoned with. But I ain't anything special until my force is combined with others'.

What's more important; a human life, or the resources to sustain it?
Killing in the name of resources defeats the purpose of sustaining life, IMO.

So what can I bring to the table? Is my life worth sustaining?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I have a herd of goats. I make goat's milk soaps, and healing herbal lotions, creams and tinctures. I'll be more than happy to barter with you. I've also got 3 varieties of tobacco plants....

Des

edit on 29-6-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Ha ha, yes I did screw up my count, and yes we eat just about anything down here.
The dried fish is actually pretty good and it is from my Yaqui heritage not my Louisiana heritage, dried shrimp is good too.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

i agree about the sun-dried sea food.

its and interesting and enjoyable dish, especially if its not a part of ones regular diet.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiracyBuff
All I have is lots and lots of bullets...

you can barter most anything for those if your aim is steady

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

I have a herd of goats. I make goat's milk soaps, and healing herbal lotions, creams and tinctures. I'll be more than happy to barter with you. I've also got 3 varieties of tobacco plants....

Des

Goat's milk soaps? I learned something new today.
Tobacco plants is a great idea, it is also good to place on bruises I hear, don't know how true that is.
Sounds like you'll have a great way to barter with others, good job.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
if you are looking for people in your locale then a site with world wide members may be a bit too much especially as its from people who could be the nasty people you hate just watching and recording..so if you want a good trade system i'd recomend visiting your actual locals not some [email protected] who's really a fbi guy

Yes but I was looking for items and skills that could not be found in my local area.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Other than my skills as a can do just about anything but paperwork,I think seeds would be a good,long lasting source to draw from.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Tobacco plants....what an excellent idea!

I have no use for them now, but having the seeds ready to use wouldn't be a bad idea...Thank you for that!

Who says there's no such thing as a money tree? In a SHTF situation, that's EXACTLY what these plants would be for me.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I have no use for them now, but having the seeds ready to use wouldn't be a bad idea...Thank you for that!

Who says there's no such thing as a money tree? In a SHTF situation, that's EXACTLY what these plants would be for me.

Here are your seeds.

www.newhopeseed.com...

And everything else!

And while you're at it,might as well have a still handy.

www.hillbillystills.com...
edit on 29-6-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

And you can make fuel with them to!
edit on 29-6-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Here is my source for tobacco seeds and plants. www.newhopeseed.com...

Our farm and the surrounding land that we cultivate have been in our family for many generations, dating back to the early 1800's. We are located in the rolling hills of Tennessee where we enjoy a reasonably long growing season and fairly mild winters.

Our preservation work has led us beyond open-pollinated and heirloom vegetable seeds and encompasses field crops like tobacco as well. Tobacco farming is deeply rooted in our familys history and was a primary sources of farm income for us as well as our ancestors until only recently. Our ancestors who settled in Virginia around 1630 and later traveled to North Carolina in the early 1700s are believed to be our earliest ancestors to have grown tobacco.

Our family's rich heritage in farming and growing tobacco here in Tennessee began about 1804 when our ancestors moved from North Carolina into Tennessee and settled a few miles from our present day farm location. Read more
www.newhopeseed.com...

Des

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

LOL...great minds think alike...I also started a Tobacco Seed thread in the survival forum some time back....it didn't take off.

Des

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

nevermind!
edit on 29-6-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I think the information should be held between a much smaller and intimate group. In my area of town, we all know who has what, what their capabilities are and how each member feels. This has been a natural progression as we meet and grow as friends. We also have information for other locales based on our friends and family should we need to be in a different locale.

I agree with your idea though. It just needs to be close and personal.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

I think the information should be held between a much smaller and intimate group. In my area of town, we all know who has what, what their capabilities are and how each member feels. This has been a natural progression as we meet and grow as friends. We also have information for other locales based on our friends and family should we need to be in a different locale.

Yes but there are certain things we can't get locally.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I got bullets and whiskey ....enough said....

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Yes but there are certain things we can't get locally.

True. That is why in a prolonged SHTF scenario, I see armed nomadic tribes filling those needs. Like in olden times, the spice merchants. But trading what is needed on a regional basis.

Des

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
What it comes down to is chose your survivor friends and family wisely.
I have mine.I know my neighbors with guns and without.I know what each one is capable of what.
Luckily I have a ex-naval seals guy who is my good buddy next door.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Stay hiden for two years, then come out.
with two snipers in the bush.
if you put your left hand up,
they shoot.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I also started buying gourd seeds. They make excellent containers and are very light weight. I figure I can grow them and use/trade if need be. Also, I bet small ones would make great bombs... you know... if you need to blow up some tree roots or something.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join