It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdest Clouds I Ever Saw

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Okay, these clouds, called "Bubble Clouds" or "Mammatus" apparently appeared in Saskatchewan after a storm on June 26th. There is a whole slideshow on Yahoo with them here, a total of 18 photos. CBC News has an article, with the same pictures up, here.

I am posting this because I have never seen anything like this in my life. I wish I had seen it personally because at my age you think you've seen all the clouds and it'd be cool to see something new.

These clouds almost look like some kind of fungus formation in the sky. Actually this picture seems a bit scary, it might make me think something was radioactive if I saw it without understanding what it was. There seems to be nothing on ATS about these particular after-storm clouds, but I did find an old thread Menacing Bubble Clouds can be Mistaken for UFOs in the UK.

I'm probably the last person here to have heard of these clouds, but anyway, post more unique cloud pictures if you would like too (just no cloud ships).

Edited: Lionhearte was posting his thread while I was still writing mine. His thread is here so please go there to comment as he was first.

Sorry for causing a double thread, his was honestly not showing yet when I ran a search.
edit on 6/29/12 by Ameilia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
These types of clouds have been known for decades apparently.
That doesn't mean they are "natural" by any means. Anything after 1900 & Nikola Tesla is fair game for argumentation & speculation. My 1st encounter with Mammatus clouds was 2010.

Regardless, there's nothing you or I can do about them or their weirdness.
Let's just embrace the horror of modern technology and their lack of disclosure.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Of course they are natural and we know exactly how and why they form.

ww2010.atmos.uiuc.edu...

Less spectacular mammatus is actually quite common on cumulonimbus clouds. But those pictures are superb - thanks for posting the link

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Lol. I literally just posted a thread about these very same clouds about an hour ago, here.

These clouds are simply amazing. Engineered, natural, or otherwise.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Wow.. lucky canada.. rare to see. Clouds. The zen garden of the sky. Absolutely gorgeous.

reply to post by Lionhearte

Nice. Thank you.
edit on 29-6-2012 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Very strange. I've never seen clouds like that.
They look like mould spores.

I wonder if that was the same storm system that passed through BC on Saturday evening. It wreaked havoc throughout BC and Alberta. My power was out for 14 hours. It came out of nowhere on a nice warm sunny day. I didn't observe any strange clouds afterwards. I only saw the dark ominous clouds that suddenly appeared right before the storm.
edit on 29-6-2012 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
If the sky was falling i imagine thats what it would look like.... Whats it look like from space?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
If the sky was falling i imagine thats what it would look like.... Whats it look like from space?

That's a good question. If we had the satellite images from the time, we could see.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

They are awesome clouds-I will always remember seeing mamantus clouds over a valley in Wales years back.
It happened as the sun was setting,and looked like giant globules of orange alien slime in the sky.
Just amazing.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It is just amazing.. I have never seen anything like that till now

If it is manmade.. why do they do that??

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

dafuq
thats some weird stuff going on there!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Ugliest looking clouds, ever. I'm sorry.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I saw some of these clouds earlier this year for the first time. It was just after a thunderstorm and some wicked weather. It was cool to see them with my own eyes. I wish I had taken some photos.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by violet

Originally posted by dayve

That's a good question. If we had the satellite images from the time, we could see.

From above all you'd see is the top of the cumulonimbus cloud, looking just like any other Cb as seen from above. Just a big white patch really.

But I agree, it does look like the sky is falling!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

That's cool

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
those are some freaky looking clouds

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

They kind of look a little obscene to me.
I've seen some weird clouds this past year, but these absolutely take the cake.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm being honest, if I saw those clouds in the sky I'd sh** myself.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

These types of clouds have been known for decades apparently. That doesn't mean they are "natural" by any means.

I like your disclaimer. "Just because they have been proven to have been around as long as modern technology doesn't mean its not a conspiracy. wink wink"

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I have seen these although not as pronounced...so cool!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join