It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weirdest Clouds I Ever Saw

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Best photo of Mammatus clouds that I have ever seen.

Usually, severe winds, lightning, and torrential downpours will follow the sighting of these cloud formations.

Either you or someone east of you was severely affected.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Before I state my reaction to the photos, I should put it in context. I've been a longtime lurker at ATS and other sites like it and have seen some very strange and scary stuff indeed. I'm also not prone to freaking out or feeling what I did upon seeing the photo in the OP.

However, almost immediately upon seeing this photo I felt a deep and abiding anxiety hit me, even after viewing them and reading the posts I could feel the anxiety building until I was almost shaking. I read a couple other posters call them obscene and relate that they would evacuate their bowels upon seeing these in real life, but did anyone else feel subliminally effected by the site of them in a negative way?

I'm thinking I had some nightmares when I was a child with stuff like this appearing in the sky, signaling the apocalypse. Not that I'm suggesting such, I believe they are just another of nature's awesomeness on display, and my logical self responded accordingly. However, they did effect me strongly on a subconscious level....anyone else pick up on this?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
If you like the look of a thousand pairs of testicals i geuss its impresive.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
those are very cool clouds indeed. i love clouds, i've always watched them, since i was a schoolboy. they're like a constantly changing landscape in the sky.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NaturalDizaster

Same response here. Just looks eerie.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2012 by Thescripter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
how about these? north of england last year.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NaturalDizaster

Good thing you don't live in Alberta, you'd be a mess. There is a huge storm area here and we see these all summer long at the back of storm cells.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
the funny thing is they are called "mammatus" which means they look like BOOBS!!!! lol

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Sorry for being immature, but some of them look like giant asses poking out of the sky. Like a cosmic mooning.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Or my uncle's colon on an endoscope screen.

Polyp city.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Those are amazing looking. Thanks for posting.

I was on Facebook earlier and somebody I know shared this picture taken Wed. June 27 near Lethbridge, Alberta

Thought it was extraordinary and seeing this thread, it might be from the same system?

Edit: I just checked and it was from Tuesday the 26th also.

edit on 29-6-2012 by timewalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
As a bubbleologist and marshmallow expert I have to say that freaked me the f*ck out. Before anyone mocks my credentials I suggest you try making a square bubble with no technical aid. You'll see it's a rather sophisticated field.

It reminded me of this unrelated formation from a few years ago that made me also go "hmm".
From the ISS.
I don't think everything is as "natural" as the general public is led to believe. In the ancient Vedic scriptures there was a mention of how vimanas (spacecrafts use by the gods) functioned and were built. In it they stated that the vimana could produce a cloudlike cover. That was the first thought that came to mind when looking at the ISS photo. Oh well, just an unrelated note.

@the OP photo, it's odd and not long ago, here in Arkansas, there was a startling formation that looked just like this:
i.telegraph.co.uk...
Guess what? It too is called a "mammatus cloud formation". I've never seen this before. Why are these formations suddenly popping up? Why is there no real explanation for them? I just see a bunch of hypothesis. Why are they so very pronounced and ominous lately--how is the human psyche tied into this if at all? I've never been instinctively anxious around clouds until I saw them and now again with seeing your photo.
edit on 29-6-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I live where these cloud pictures were taken. These clouds appeared right after a significant thunderstorm. It dumped a lot of rain on us in a very short time.

I went outside after the storm to witness an amazing site that I had never seen before. Mammatus clouds, which were very well defined. They looked like the sky was about to burst. It was a very beautiful site. I was very lucky to be in the right place at the right time.

The clouds are not as scary as some people might believe. They were in fact breathtaking to look at as they drifted by.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLegend

Cant tell if serious...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
These appeared in CT a few years back. It was pretty cool I was camping at Hamonasset State Park, a friend called me to warn me about the intense weather heading my way as we were only staying in tents. Me and two friends decided to stick around (looking back, probably not the best idea but we had been drinking all day and wanted to watch the storm come in). The wind was so powerful our tents were starting to blow off the ground so my friends each sat in one. Being foolish and intoxicated I decided to watch outside the minimal protection we had in the tents. After about 15 minutes of intense rain, thunder and lightning like I've never seen before, and a couple minutes of about dime sized hail, the storm blew out to sea and we got to witness our first look at Mammotus clouds. The clouds were spectacular, I never saw the formation again since.

The pics the OP got are incredible though, the formations are much more defined. Were the bubbles arranged in any specific pattern or appear to show any symmetry? When I saw them here, the bubbles were arranged in neat rows stretching for miles. I was shocked to see this, I never expected to see such precise symmetry in a cloud formation. Mother nature sure knows how to put on a show. Great Pics

Found a pic from the storm through a friends fb, unfortunately this was much later in the afternoon I have no clue where I stored the pics I took, doesnt really do the sight justice.

edit on 30-6-2012 by Aktivate because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-6-2012 by Aktivate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

Truly weird, first time I've seen such clouds myself. With the way the weather has been acting strange and out of sync for the past decade or so and with such anomalies as this thread shows, hopefully we don't head for interesting times of the undesirable kind.

edit on 30-6-2012 by Nightwalk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend

@the OP photo, it's odd and not long ago, here in Arkansas, there was a startling formation that looked just like this:
i.telegraph.co.uk...
Guess what? It too is called a "mammatus cloud formation". I've never seen this before. Why are these formations suddenly popping up? Why is there no real explanation for them? I just see a bunch of hypothesis. Why are they so very pronounced and ominous lately--how is the human psyche tied into this if at all? I've never been instinctively anxious around clouds until I saw them and now again with seeing your photo.
edit on 29-6-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

Erm, what?
Mammatus clouds have been around since the dawn of time. They're not even very rare, although the REALLY pronounced ones like in the OP are much less common. I've seen a couple of nice mammatus formations here in Wisconsin - both times just after a bad storm passed through. There certainly ARE real explanations for them, although some people won't take a qualified meteorologists word for it.....just look in the "chemtrails" forums

Sometimes Mother Nature just likes to show us her "goods"

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
These are my favorite clouds! I have seen them a couple of times, but not nearly as perfect as these. I'd rather see these than a tornado when storm chasing!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameilia

yes, i live in saskatchewan myself and i have seen them first hand, it was before a really weird storm actually. there was an over abundance of lightening and not much rain, making it a little even more sparatic. they where really cool though

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Awesome picture, they look like nothing I have ever seen before and to be honest I think I would feel quite uneasy witnessing them in person, they look quite menacing and supernatural lol

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join