It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experience as a Freemason

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jamjar

I am surprised that you have replied to me, but even more surprised to tell me that I am important. I KNOW I am not important in SOCIETY and I am not on the friends list of the illuminati or the elite that they may spare is what i meant, maybe i might be important to my mum or brother but i am not intelligent and i haven't cured cancer or saved many lives or even created the nuclear bomb, i am another "worthless eater" as they might call it, maybe i am but the point i am trying to make is that people with a high degree in free masonry or people that KNOW certain things do make it out alive, and sorry to burst your bubble to whoever told me:

Pierre, you're forgetting one thing.

At the end of the day, every person, no matter how powerful or greedy, has at least a spark of good in them.
And at the end, that spark will become a flame, and the world will be a better place.

im sorry but we aren't in the movies and my grand parents have died in world war 2 and im sure they have had quotes like these but we aren't in a fairytale story, what is happening now is very real but to say that there is good in everyone? ummmm well considering you aren't a psychotic person you can't speak for them or say that there is good in everyone. what you told me is your opinion, not a fact.

and jamjar, a year ago iv'e learn't to separate whats going on in the real world to the fake world, im not upset about this at all, im never depressed and always happy, i party a lot and i am very sociable and what you would call popular. however i just feel like theres nothing i can do to change the world, in fact i know there is nothing i can do. lets be real here, i am 16 and i have no money, THEY don't even have money, they have power and with power you can do more than money can buy. so no a nuclear bomb against a 16 year old isn't even called a fight. its called instant lost.
but thank you for thinking i am important but i know i am not, important is a thought of someone. i think my mum is important or people like you are important to me because they help me.

one question (since you are a free mason you would know:
i was walking in my town and i came by this mansion with a gate and on the gate it had a freemason sign, very obvious and defiantly not a coincidence, would it be a bad idea to ask for their permission to join :/ i KNOW its a stupid idea and i KNOW they will ask what the hell im talking about or just say no, but would it be possible to? or should i just avoid that house? :/ sorry for the idiotic question, i just don't know very much about free masons, im just very fascinated by them

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by pierre123

Everyone is important, and nobody realizes the effects their life has on others. Imagine, maybe just a passing glance at a kid one day, and that kid thought your hat was cool, or your shoes, and so the kid's whole view of the world was shifted, and the kid decided to get that hat, or embody whatever it was that he saw in you. As a result his friends did so as well, and things happened, and things changed.

Just imagine, even if it was just you stumbling over a crack in a sidewalk, maybe someone else noticed that crack and didn't stumble, and as a result they showed up a couple of seconds earlier to their appointment and got their job, because they didn't have a stain on their knees.

Every single person on the planet has an impact one way or another.

And YES, if you are interested in Masonry, and there is a place with an obvious Masonry symbol on it, then of course you would be welcome to go there and inquire. They put the symbol there for a reason, obviously they aren't trying to hide from anybody, they are inviting questions!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Pierre,
There are two different ways you can look at things. Positively, or negatively. It's just that simple and how you do it will affect the outcome of any situation. If you are confident, positive, and polite, you will see most of the people around you react in a similar manner, if you are aggressive, negative and rude, you will see that side of people.

I don't care where you are from, or where you are at, that is how LIFE works. I am telling you this as a guy who has been on the earth for 43 years not as a Freemason or any other title I may have. Your ability to affect change is only limited by your own imagination or lack there of. So here you are, 16 years old and faced with a rather large choice. Should you continue to think low of yourself and worry about things you cannot control, or should you change your outlook, find a better frame of mind and not let anyone tell you what you cannot accomplish.

You might fail at 7 out of 8 things you try, but if you try at each and every thing you do, you will be very happy when the 8th time rolls around. What happens to you is up to you and you alone. Nobody can pave your path.
This may sound like sunshine being pumped up your ass, but believe me, it's all true.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I can only echo what GRA an ND have said already, the only thing I will add is that the popular image of what power is is a delusion. It's not money or status, it's knowing that only you can directly influence your self, then taking the steps to take control.

People have shown you what steps to take, take a leap of faith, you'll find it exhilarating

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Ha ha! You missed the part of my post where I explained that I worked in a nursing home as a young man, Bro. There are a lot worse than blood to clean up, much, much worse!

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Well first of all no one really tells me that I am worthless unless it is someone who i look up to, i am a bit of a perfectionist which i am dealing with at the moment, but i always thought of something:

if a superstar you see on TV says a cheesy quote such as "if you really want something in life, you'll make it"
well sorry to burst your bubble but the only reason people believe that and say "yeah! that's true! look at him he did well! well what about the people who didn't do well and still really wanted something and tried very hard.

It's all a matter of opinion i guess but i really don't have any hope for human civilization, nearly everyone i know is drawn by television (propaganda) and under the control and influence by the government, do you really believe all these bad people with nuclear bombs and very bias point of views will just go: "you know what? I don't want to kill the planet, even though I've spent my whole entire life waiting for this moment, I'm going to say no".

i don't think so.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierre123
if a superstar you see on TV says a cheesy quote such as "if you really want something in life, you'll make it"...

It is called positive thinking and guess what? It works.

posted on Jul, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'm not selling you a pie in the sky. There are 300 million people in the US, and 7 Billion on the planet. If you want to think of yourself as completely insignificant, then you would be right. If you disappeared tomorrow, only a handful of people would even notice, and most of them would be over it shortly and moving on with their own lives. The same could be said for me, or anyone else.

BUT, you don't have to think of yourself that way. I made an impact just today. I taught one of my sons to dive into the pool and swim to the bottom and back up without his floaties. I also rigged a sprinkler system to my roof this summer, and I cut $100 a month off my electricity bill by running the sprinkler just twice per day. Once mid afternoon, and once at sunset. Imagine if we all did something similar?

I also work in a capacity that I impact people's lives. I might not know exactly what the outcome of all those interactions are, but I do my best to make sure they are positive outcomes.

I still remember 3 teachers. My 5th grade teacher, and my 9th grade Physics teacher, and my 10th grade Chemistry teacher. Because of those 3 teachers I ended up getting a degree in Chemical Engineering! That degree led me to this town, where I got divorced, met a great new girl, and have 2 wonderful kids! That is a lot of fate, or chance, or butterfly effects, or whatever you want to call it. A teacher named Mr. Smart, that only taught for a couple of years before being runoff to make room for a football coach's wife, impacted my life 23 years ago, in such a way that my 2 young boys are a direct result!

If the sun explodes tomorrow, or some idiots with the scary red button decide to nuke the planet, or Yellowstone erupts, or I wreck my motorcycle on the way to work, it is inconsequential. I do the best I can do, all the time, regardless of the outcome, and I make sure my loved ones know how important they are to me, and I raise my kids to be self-sufficient, and I make love to my wife daily when she lets me, and I don't waste time with all that want and worry that I can't directly impact. I take care of me and mine, and that is all any of us can do.
edit on 15-7-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join