It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My experience as a Freemason

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by KingPanzergrenadier
I find it odd that on a conspiracy website, the secret societies forum be dominated by Freemasons. Freemasonry has been exposed time and time again, but you people keep lying and denying.

Really? I would find it odd if a "secret society" forum was absent any Masons? That is kind of our thing you realize?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

I find it odd that on a conspiracy website, the secret societies forum be dominated by Freemasons. Freemasonry has been exposed time and time again, but you people keep lying and denying.

You are just jealous that you're not in the most talked about fraternity in the world.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The UGLE attitude towards "clandestine" Freemasonry in the U.K. is a little different than it is here in the U.S.A. especially towards the feminine orders. There they acknowledge them as female Freemasons, regular in every respect except gender, although they are not recognized therefore the Brethren aren't allowed to sit in Lodge or participate. Interestingly, the UGLE also considers the O.E.S. as "irregular" and the Brethren who are likewise forbidden. I once met regular a Regular Brother from a Provisional Grand Lodge in the U.K. whose wife was a very knowledgeable member of a feminine Lodge as they toured the Temple in my state, they exchanged a lot of meaningful glances as they took the tour.

ETA this would be a good segue to my own story but I don't have the time to type it until this weekend.
edit on 29-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I know, this site is just so weird. I went into the Jokes forum and there were people telling jokes there. I went into the cooking forum, and there were people talking about preparing meals there. I think this place is going downhill.

Maybe a few episodes of Barney would be more to your liking. He loves you and you love him. I mean, how could you not love a purple dinosaur.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
Maybe a few episodes of Barney would be more to your liking. He loves you and you love him. I mean, how could you not love a purple dinosaur.

I love you,
You love me,
Dino- beastiality…

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

I can't go for the purple dino, but the purple DeeDee Doodlebop!
I've had a crush on her for years!

edit on 29-6-2012 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Big time, bro. Ill second that, lol.

If the thought police were around, i would be in big trouble.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2

Big time, bro. Ill second that, lol.

If the thought police were around, i would be in big trouble.

wow. I thought you were replying to Josh. That would be awkward. I am not sure how the cops would handle that.
"uh, son......please pull your pants up and step away from the purple thing......."

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Thats enough out of you, tea brewer.

Im more into toes than purple reptiles, any way. Its a west coast thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Numbers33four

I don't take the bus, I drive my truck. I am licensed to drive buses, but not short ones.

What does Rumseld or the Anthony father have to do with Freemasonry?

reply to post by KingPanzergrenadier

We're not the liars here.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
For such a secretive organization there sure are a lot of people who talk about it here on ATS. What gives?

About once a month I see a similar thread.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
For such a secretive organization there sure are a lot of people who talk about it here on ATS. What gives?

About once a month I see a similar thread.

In reality we are not a secretive organization at all. That is what gives.

We put signs on our buildings, post our meeting dates and times outside the front door, make our symbols known, celebrate our membership, and talk openly about the fraternity. At of the 1000s of secrets I keep on a daily basis, about 3 of them belong to Freemasonry, LOL!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have to say that I find all the brother this and brother that pretty creepy. I personally would not join any form of organized religion, especially one that intentionally wanted to be secretive towards me. On the other hand though what you do is your choice (obviously) and if it helps you then it can only be a good thing.

Also on the subject of brothers etc, don't you see all humanity as your brothers and sisters? Do you call your own brother (if you have one), brother? Isn't it just kind of unspoken that he is your brother? Would you really say oh hi brother, to your flesh and blood brother? I would find it a bit weird. It is the same with humanity, I see it as unspoken that we are all brothers and sisters.

Do you think calling your freemason pals "brother" kinda alienates people that are not freemason? Do you think that it feeds into the divide and conquer culture?

I do find freemasonry rather odd to be honest. Do you have freemason sisters? If not isn't that a bit wrong?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

You find assemblage creepy?

Well Freemasonry is not an organized religion, we're a philanthropic organization.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Yes I find saying brother to people creepy, even if they are your actual brother. We are all human and it goes without saying that we are all brothers and sisters.

Is it not a requirement to believe in god to be a freemason? Then it is a religion my friend.... You can dress it up however you like though

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
Is it not a requirement to believe in god to be a freemason? Then it is a religion my friend.... You can dress it up however you like though
Not at all. A religion requires all its members share the same beliefs. Freemasonry only asks if you believe, but leaves the specifics to yourself.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Lol Do you not see that asking all participants to believe in god IS making everyone believe in the same thing!

Oh what? They leave the details up to you? Oh how very kind of them! lol

My friend it fits the requirements that YOU have laid out for a religion. You can say it is not but it changes nothing at all. It is a religion.

Edit: I do not believe in god, therefore i do not share your beliefs and therefore I can not join your religion. Hope this demonstrates what I'm getting at.
edit on 30-6-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Edit: I do not believe in god, therefore i do not share your beliefs and therefore I can not join your religion. Hope this demonstrates what I'm getting at.

For the record, you don't have to believe in "god." You have to believe in "one, ever-living creator." It is just semantics, but most people think of god as a personified deity on a cloud or something. It could just be nature, or some living spirit residing in all of us, as long as you believe it is an ever-living creator, and you can answer an honest yes to the question, then it suffices.

And no, it isn't a religion any more than football is a religion, or running is a religion, or folding socks is a religion. Sure, it has structure and certain requirements and commitment, but so do plenty of things, like baking a cake.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Freemasons acknowledge all of humanity as brothers and sisters, it is explicitly stated in the EA lecture.

In my Order, although considered irregular, women are accepted as Freemasons and there is no required statement of belief because absolute freedom of conscience is our ideal.

Originally posted by mee30
What if I turned up and said I believe we just are, that there is no creator of any kind!

Discussing religion or politics in Lodge is not allowed.
edit on 30-6-2012 by no1smootha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Lol I do not believe in a creator of any kind as you describe, I believe we just are, therefore I can not join your religion. My point still stands that it is a religion. You can fight it all you like but everything else you describe does not have any requirements to join. I don't much like football but I have watched it and no0one said I couldn't. Your similes make no sense and is nowhere near the same thing.

I would not join the freemason religion. Well actually I would not be ALLOWED. What if I turned up and said I believe we just are, that there is no creator of any kind! Would I be accepted for what I believe? NO! You are part of a religion, sorry.

edit on 30-6-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join