It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is going on in England???

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BobbyGold

We don't care if you call BS on this thread, go spit your dummy elsewhere, we're having a good old British crack about the weather, yes there has been worse in the past, not over such a wide area though, it's worth discussing, like only us Brits can.

Sod off Baldrick. :-p

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by texasgirl

Yea I remember that, we got hit hard. Shattered windows and hude dents on vehicles all over....a guy I know got ahuge check that week from all the body work at the car dealership.

Never in my whole life living here in Texas have I seen this kind of weather.
Now its just blazing hot temperatures reaching triple digits.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Typical English (me included), moan about anything! We've got nothing better to moan about, then why not something like the weather! haha

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos
I was caught out in the storm in Newcastle. Took me 2 hours to get home that normally takes 20 minutes. Here is a photo taken from a plane

edit on 28-6-2012 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

That picture was taken 3 years ago....in Spain

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Must be global cause Ozzy weather is screwed up too and has been for past few years.
Winter here in Qld is normally great mild days with endless blue sky's, now we have no sun endless rainy days and colder temps.
We are constantly hearing about longest cold snap, unseasonal weather, snow & cold coming early or basically unheard of earthquake, if you would class it as an EQ.
Summer is the same it was so hot only an Aussie could love it, tropical heat would build all day till a cracker of a thunderstorm broke in the arvo yet with every summer that passes these things are becoming a distant memory.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yesterday and today, it was like 30 mins before sundown, really heavy low cloud cover. We didn't get much of it, 200 miles south sadly did

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Incredibly hot here in Texas. Actually hotter than normal.

That rainstorm is odd for sure. I've also noticed the Jet Stream has changed the last couple years. It had been very consistent with fronts moving in from the Northwest. No more. Now it is more from the Southwest or just west.

Also noticed a faint, constant hum.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Did it sound like machinery clanking?

Sunday 24th 2.30am where I live (North East) there was a bright flash (1-2s) and a rumble that seemed to
last for minutes.
After that the ships horns went crazy on the river and there was a sound of clanking machinery
seemingly coming from knowhere.
Limbo

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I don't know if anyones posted this yet but if this is currently happening (give or take a few days)
than it could be for the Olympics
Apparently they want to create rain for the stadium for the opening ceremony
maybe they're doing some tests and working out some kinks?
still creepy to see thou

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

Wow ... This seems creepy ...

I am from southern part of India.Here we experienced an odd & a sudden pour down of heavy rainfall yesterday (28-June-2012)

There are several reasons for me to consider this odd because ...

* This is not a monsoon season here...

* There was no rain here for the past 4 months.All of a sudden yesterday evening, it became so cloudy & very dark.

* There was no formation of any cyclones nor there was any news about the rainfall.Weather report didn't mention about this rainfall in any tv news or the newspaper.

* I have never experienced anything like this in the past, because the cloud formation was so fast (as if it was like an artificial cloud formation).The rain lasted about 3 hours & it was so heavy.

* I also heard strange sounds & echoes.No .. this was not the sound of a thunder or lightening.This was like something completely different.

* Usually the rain water would be colorless (or may be pure white right ?). The color of yesterday's rain was somewhat a mix of white & silver & black in color.Also the texture & the thickness was more.(It was thick as if something was mixed up with the rain water).

* The wind & breeze was also weird.It was so powerful & strange.

Something like this has never happened in the past in my city.Hence i find it strange.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
So far, what I've gathered from this thread:

Morrison's sounds like the UK version of Denny's.

Am I on the right page?

Cheers

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl
Wow, that is strange. Here in Texas we had softball-size hail and it caused almost 2 billion dollars worth of damage a couple weeks ago! On April 3rd we had over a dozen tornadoes in Dallas. We are now in our fifth straight day of 100+ temperatures, yuck!

Strange weather patterns around the world. And now Colorado is having their worst wildfire in history.

Buckle up, England! You're going to be in for a ride this summer!

well, mother earth is really pissed off right now. see my thread about inhumane slaughterhouses and animals being butchered alive for one of the reasons why. cruelty is generally part of nature; but when things get this far out of balance, she gets ANGRY.

the general indifference of the human and other races on the planet to the extreme suffering of animals and children is one thing.

but nature is pretty impersonal. it's about balance. the balance on this planet has been pushed WAY too far in one direction.

and nature is gonna bring it swinging right back.

my opinion.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
in my opinion, she's gonna obliterate all of us, if that's what it takes to bring the balance back.

and by that i mean to STOP the inhumane treatment of animals in their billions.

not to mention the starving kids in Africa.

these two things above, are products of human and alien intervention on the planet. they didn't just happen.

in nature sometimes animals starve. sometimes humans starve.

but there is always a balance maintained.

and it will be.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Well I gotta tell you, the way things are going, I will soon be putting that call through to Dennis Quaid. He knew what was coming, lol. But seriously. The planet is seriously messed up, the weather systems around the world have changed dramatically in the last couple of years, so if we jump six months to a year ahead, what then? Ok I am not saying that the Mayans could predict our weather, lol we cannot even predict our weather. BUT it has to be said that 2012 is indeed the strangest year I have ever known in my 40 years on mother earth.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Aye, we've had much worse storms from Spanish Plume events in the past - but not in the last few years when Spanish Plumes have tended to by-pass us. It was nice to see one again
I guess if they were as common as they used to be people wouldn't be quite so paranoid about them - it's gotten to the stage where even a small thunderstorm in summer is an 'event', let alone having 3 supercells on the go at the same time (as we now think was the case yesterday).

Roll on the next one, I say! At least it gives us something to talk about (ideally, be nice of no fatalisties or serious damage caused, but that's the downside of living on a "violent planet")

(btw Boscastle, and indeed Lynmouth and the recent West Wales flash floods were all caused by different types of weather - synoptics - albeit the end result was the same)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Typical English summer really, July will be the same, probably warm up in August, have a heatwave in September, October, freezing November, build up hopes for a white Christmas then a mild December and even milder January, people lose hope then bang snowed in through February and March. This is what happens when you live on an island this far north, if it wasn't for North Atlantic Drift, we'd be like Canada, so it could be worse....Somewhat.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   
apparently some people on here think this is normal in newcastle.....

www.facebook.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbyGold

Not sure if you know how to use this site or not, but nothing is BS as everything in my OP did happen...

Your argument would be this is just normal British weather, and I'm not saying this is nothing new, its just that this kind of weather doesn't happen where I live, it looked like independence day when I looked outside! The weather is just going from one extreme to the other.

I now know it was thunder I was hearing thanks to the people who posted all the storm maps, it just didn't sound like thunder that I've heard many times before, it didn't come and go it was constant and so loud, I also saw no lighting which was also weird, probably due to the extremely dark clouds.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Whats going on in England?
Well we are being raped by the banksters and the lying politicians, couldnt give a toss. We are all in in togeather lads and yet here we are discussing the weather. Everythings normal here in `sunny` England.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
At least most of us got out of this unscathed, and our thoughts really should be with the family of the man who drowned....I'm very sad for him, it happens far too easily it seems, and we forget that we are fragile. Those pics from Newcastle are really scary though.

Lots of rain here, but not the humidity that others have been talking about thankfully, and I suspect we are just a litle too cold here in Scotland for many thunderstorms to develop. I'm actually still giggling about the idea of building storm shelters from Morrisons fried bread....just as well we dont get that many tornadoes either or they would be lethal missiles at 300 mph, and the hash browns would likely strip the paint off your car in a high wind.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join