It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is going on in England???

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mee30

Haha very true, all though we do have Geordie Shore, probably more dangerous to the human brain then any other poisonous animal!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Equ1nox

You know what they say... "it's grim up north"! lol

I've lived in the south east for about 10 years (bexhill, hastings and eastbourne) you have your fair share of bad weather too plus you have the WIND, I prefer rain to wind personally.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Necro69uk
I agree. The weather here in the UK has been baffling since the last couple of years. The winters are milder, the summers are wetter. One day full blown 24 degree heat, the next day 6 degrees and rain.
Muggy heat, low cloud, sporadic showers followed by clear skies and cool breeze.

Since Christmas it has got worse, there is definately something wrong with the weather system here, we had a hosepipe ban recently, then the heavens opened and now we have flash floods breaking out everywhere.

Back in the late 80's I remember when during January through to March you froze your backside off, then April to May it was windy and wet, then June to end of August beginning of September it was warm. October to December cold and windy.

Nothing like the weather today, it's like all the Seasons in one week!!!

Nuts.

The yorkshire legend of mother shipton tells of her prophecying the end of the world when we see all the seasons unfolding in one day - just like what you have described really .

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

It happened yesterday (Thursday).

My area wasn't affected by the ban, but these things usually last a while but the reservoirs just filled straight back up, I saw a report where the reporter stood in a middle of a river that dried up, they tried to get there a week later but couldn't get near it as it had flooded!

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Right i am off to bed, I hope that when i wake up the flooding has not spread to my house because that would be a real downer to the start of my day!

Good night ATS..

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DeyTookErJeobs

I've no idea what that is to be honest lol, I'm guessing a T.V program? All I can say is turn that thing off for a start, you'll feel much better for it.

I suppose you could put the uk mafia (government) in the creepy crawlies that can kill you list though.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ladylove

I live in South Yorkshire in England and here is what my friend put on FB this morning, and my reply below it. I have to say I have never seen it so dark in the morning as it was today.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by Equ1nox

You know what they say... "it's grim up north"! lol

I've lived in the south east for about 10 years (bexhill, hastings and eastbourne) you have your fair share of bad weather too plus you have the WIND, I prefer rain to wind personally.

you're joking right!!

Best thing Brighton has to offer is trying to cycle against the wind on the seafront, it's hilarious going absolutely nowhere despite cycling as hard as you can, or going down one of the small side streets off the front and being in your very own MEGA wind tunnel, can't beat it

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It seems a lot of people have very selective memories. It wasn't so long ago that we saw the town of Boscastle almost completely washed away.

I used to live in North London, and almost every year in the early 80's our street would flood with three feet of water.

I've seen plenty of storms not unlike what many in the UK have experienced today. The only reason this is making the news is because it's affected a larger area than storms normally do.

There is nothing bizarre or mysterious about this at all. It's weather, just as we have every day around the world and just as we get every year in the UK. Just because you don't hear about a street up north flooding (why would that make the national news?) doesn't meant this is unusual.

It's a storm, a big one. We clean up, move on. More rain tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulos
I was caught out in the storm in Newcastle. Took me 2 hours to get home that normally takes 20 minutes. Here is a photo taken from a plane

edit on 28-6-2012 by Paulos because: (no reason given)

I'm not even sure that photo is from England, it has been floating around the internet for a couple of month.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Equ1nox

Yeah but try doing THIS in the wind!

Does wind have it's very own dance?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I was gonna say, the livery on that jet engine doesnt look like an english carrier. Looks like Alaska Airlines.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual
It seems a lot of people have very selective memories. It wasn't so long ago that we saw the town of Boscastle almost completely washed away.

I used to live in North London, and almost every year in the early 80's our street would flood with three feet of water.

I've seen plenty of storms not unlike what many in the UK have experienced today. The only reason this is making the news is because it's affected a larger area than storms normally do.

There is nothing bizarre or mysterious about this at all. It's weather, just as we have every day around the world and just as we get every year in the UK. Just because you don't hear about a street up north flooding (why would that make the national news?) doesn't meant this is unusual.

They rain is exceptionally hard you are wrong the fact that small pockets of the UK have experienced this is interesting to say the least dont mean to be rude but just because you didnt see it dont mean it didnt happen
edit on 28-6-2012 by Hess88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I was considering making a thread about the weather earlier, and the rain was no where near as bad as that where i am in rotherham, it was heavy though. But the thunder caught my attention, as i remarked to my family about how strange its constance was. Especially when you would here thunder sound much louder over the top of the 'grumbling' thunder noise. I've never heard thunder like it and studying/researching this weather is a big interest of mine so i should really have come across it before.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Hi wifibrains, im from kent n all, didn't realise there was so many british about here...

anyway look at the work of Rik Clay, he 'committed suicide' after producing a wealth of info on London 2012.

I've been researching the games tonight for the first time, as I'm due to work there for G4S. Tonight my computer was hacked, internet connection severed and my computer threatened with a virus and security issues...which hasnt happened in 3 years of owning it. Not once. I have also had youtube comments deleted that have not violated any terms or conditions (what happened to free speech?)

Maybe it's the way my brain is wired but the symbolism adhered to in other ways (the illuminated pyramids on the olympic stadium etc.) just seem too blatant to ignore. Theres one really good video on youtube which collectively shows all the symbolism related to London 2012.

Either someone has a sick sense of humour, or we are being

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

(1) I actually helped rebuild the village of boscastle at the time I worked for a company called Carillion (google carillion boscastle )
os
(2) without checking we had linmouth about 50 years before boscastle

(3) I love storms (I surf and fly kites) I have never in my nearly 40 years on this eath experienced what I experienced last night

(4) Im not having ago its just you come across as quite arrogant sorry

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UKmonster

Rumbling thunder is quite normal and I've heard it many times. I Chose this video because although it's not in the uk it showed it quite well and obviously why it occurs. It's just consecutive lightning strikes. Nothing odd about it really...

Another good one

edit on 28-6-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

And just to show we get this in the uk another one

edit on 28-6-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
iSnt it an el nino year ? or was it the cme s they said we'd have this year ? it was belting hot in the sun today , but we had no rain.

it is just rain , weather and stuff . there'd be alot more trouble if the sea came in . what our landscape shows perhaps , to someone who is not an automatic ice age theory subscriber , is that it has been in , more than once , up to the level of about 200 metres , right across the uk . imagine that ..

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hess88

(1) I actually helped rebuild the village of boscastle at the time I worked for a company called Carillion (google carillion boscastle )
os
(2) without checking we had linmouth about 50 years before boscastle

(3) I love storms (I surf and fly kites) I have never in my nearly 40 years on this eath experienced what I experienced last night

(4) Im not having ago its just you come across as quite arrogant sorry

I don't mean to sound arrogant. I just don't see what the big deal is. It's a storm, it happens all over the world all the time. You can go back through regional news from any nation and see reports of giant hail, sudden gale force winds, freak downpours, toads and fish falling from the skies even.

This was just a bigger storm than we're used to, instead of one city being flooded out it covered a larger area and creates the dramatic scenes we've seen.

What other explanations are there? Are we supposing this is some secret military weapon? Are aliens causing it? Is God angry with us and should we sacrifice a virgin?

Again, I don't mean to sound arrogant, it's just the way I see it.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Wow, pretty much all of your statements are shocking, it seems like a lot of you are very paranoid. I live in East Midlands and yes we have had some pretty severe weather today - but nothing out of the usual!? I have seen it worse!?

Yes there has been a downpour and yes the streets got flooded quick, but seriously, have you not seen it like this before? Where have you been living for the last 20 years, under a rock? Get a grip!!!

To the OP, you say the video doesn't do the "sky sounds" justice, well I can hear the birds in the background fairly clear and yet I can hear NO sky sounds? I call BS on this thread.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join