It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is going on in England???

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:05 AM
link   
hmmmm..... something tells me its coming to London today.... dark clouds are out there and looks like its gonna rain any minute

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
and all we got around here in newcastle-under-lyme was dark skies and so dark i almost put the lights on and perhaps a few distant rumbles about 9-10am then just after 12 it had a 5 min session of bucketing it down hard and now blue skies

That must be how I missed it all then, my front room is so dark I wouldn't have noticed much difference.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I was in Brighton yesterday and about 2pm there was a quite loud sound ( like a bus driving by ) coming from the sky, but nothing visible, it lasted a couple of mins. Brighton has also had rain at night for a couple of nights with very heavy hail as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
What is going on in England - it's called weather.

Loud rumbling noises in the sky - it's called thunder, it's related to weather (see above).

Honestly, do we need a thread about some rain and some thunder?

Are some people so desperate to find something "un-natural" that we've resorted to claiming the weather is abnormal?

Sheesh.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
I was in Brighton yesterday and about 2pm there was a quite loud sound ( like a bus driving by ) coming from the sky, but nothing visible, it lasted a couple of mins. Brighton has also had rain at night for a couple of nights with very heavy hail as well.

I was in Leeds yesterday at about 2pm and there was quite a loud noise (like a bus driving by).

Then suddenly a bus drove by - WOW - freaky or what?

It's been raining here at night too, which is really odd because it normally only rains in the daytime.

Must be ETs.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Nice to see the "nothing to see here" crowd in full force

These people are the sort who think 2 inch diametre hail stones, people being swept away and killed, landslides, unprecidented lightning strikes, a whole major city flooded and tornadoes are "normal"...

I imagine them with their heads up their arses ostrich style walking through life with a "keep calm and carry on" t-shirt on whilst the earth is being destroyed around them.. Coz clearly its "NORMAL"

Muppets

To quote Rachel from Friends, "its not normal, it IS a big deal and does NOT happen to everyone!"

Beside that I love UK weather threads.. They are kinda cozy..
edit on 29-6-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Yesterday was the first day I went out without a coat, it was sunny then boom, got absolutely soaked

Few floods were I lived as well, certainly never known it to happen so quickly- one minute it was sunny, then rain for 10 minutes and floods!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
This always makes me laugh, yes it was a nice thunder storm, but I ended up going to sleep for a couple hours lol... Really we have had storms just like this before! We have had torrential rain before and big hailstones. It is nothing THAT unusual. I love a good old thunder storm, it clears the air and they are great fun to watch.

Don't worry it doesn't mean the world is going to end! lol

...Yes but.....Some of these people have had there homes flooded and damaged terribly in some cases, one person has already lost their life, I have seen many a bad thunderstorm and lots of rain myself in summers gone by and I am not 'young' as you put it.

This DOES seem worse in general than it has been for as long as I can remember personally, now maybe it does not signify the end of the world as you put it, and to be honest, I don't think anyone on this thread was even saying that, but, even if it is just an abnormal supercell of some kind, just because some areas are experiencing 'normal' weather, it does not mean it is not bad for many others....which it is.

Thanks
edit on 29-6-2012 by aquiel because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Somehow missed us in York yesterday - lucky escape by the sounds of it! Had torrential rain for about 5 minutes, topping up tan the rest of the time.

To all those saying it isn't normal, this is a cycle that used to hit us and then stopped for a fairly long time. To me, this is just clear of natural variations on weather cycles. Plus, you have to bear in mind that when we used to suffer these type of storms more regularly (although regular is not the right word) there was an awful lot less people and concrete here. Homes not built in flood plains, watercourses not concreted over, etc. These factors only exacerbate problems when these weather cycles return.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
A couple of people I know who work for a company my place contracts work out to had their cars really badly dented by the massive hail stones in Leicester yesterday. I heard of some people's house windows being smashed as well. Scary stuff. My job is in facilities management and it's pretty much dictated by the weather -- all this week we've been hammered with air con and refrigeration breakdowns due to the heat and then to put the tin hat right on it, I had people panicking because of ceilings caving in and premises being flooded as a result of the heavy rain. It's the same every single summer. My colleagues and those of our contractors are stretched to the limit for weeks on end.

People look at me funny when I tell them I prefer winter to summer any day. At least then I only have to deal with heating breakdowns. I've got another eight hours ahead of me tonight and if yesterday was anything to go by, I'll be tearing my hair out by 6pm.
edit on 29-6-2012 by Amadeo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Yeop, it is strange for England, no doubt about it... I just saw the reports on the news....

I thought the Ice melting at the North pole was going to be what caused mass flooding over the UK..... looks like its going to be Tornados and rain instead!!

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
We call it "Thunderstorm" where I live.

But we're a bunch of weird fellas 'round here.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Power_Semi

Honestly, do we need a thread about some rain and some thunder?

A

When it draws members of the ATS community together for some friendly banter, then yes, yes we do.

Then people like you come along and attempt to kill the conversation, well, I fart in your general direction, your mother was a hamster and your father smelled like elderberries. pffffft

Windy today in West Cumbria, no rain, the clouds are awfully bright blinding white though, no sky to be seen for miles.

To the poster who asked if Morrisons was like Dennys, no, it's a supermarket like Tescos, with a cafeteria, I assume from Googling that Dennys is a restaurant.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Sorry scrap my original post. It turns out to not be in england. Apologies for the mistake!

edit on 29-6-2012 by Guns82 because: wrong info given

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

When it draws members of the ATS community together for some friendly banter, then yes, yes we do. Then people like you come along and attempt to kill the conversation, well, I fart in your general direction, your mother was a hamster and your father smelled like elderberries. pffffft
reply to post by woogleuk

We sooo need to go on the piss mate lol

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Sounds like the UK is getting the weather we typically get this time of year in the American Midwest. Humid, massive thunderstorms, then cool and dry. Rinse, repeat.

Pro tip: If the sky turns green, head for shelter. That's a tornado sky. Ditto for a large wall of dark clouds.

We've got a major drought and are more than 8 inches down on rain here. It was 106 F yesterday. This isn't our normal weather either. We typically have 60-80% humidity, for the last 3 months, less than 30%. We typically run about 80-87F this time of year...we're having a two week run of 90+. The weird has become the norm. The scary thing about the conditions here in the States is that the entire Corn Belt is having this drought. Look for food prices to go through the roof next year. Fuel too, at least here, because of the ethynol boondoggle. *sigh*

So anyway.....you folks over there want to trade?

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I'm just outside West London and its been a strange old day, supposed to be sunny and warm yet it started dire, very dark and overcast followed by some rain and then suddenly its gone blue sky but the high winds are still here.

The weather in the UK has been extremely weird as of late, don't know what is going on but its very different than I have ever seen it over my 51 years here.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by The X
I have no idea where you guys are, but, it was the same here in south wales, incredible thunder, and rain so hard on the roof i could hear it inside the house.
The amount of rain we are having is massive, Kissinger advocated using the weather, in particular the cold of an ice age to decimate world population by 2020.
All they require with this much rain, is, ongoing very cold temps, hey presto, Ice age, massive depopulation.
I believe this is one of the aims of chemtrailling, the extra particulate matter is directly responsible for the much higher incidence of rain.

EVAN B,
you mentioned seeing the clouds rotating, i too have seen this, an area probably a couple of miles across in which you could see the winds moving in a circular motion and pulling the clouds into a vortex, not a tornado kind of vortex, not as powerful, but very large across.
A definitie and defined area of cloud was subjected to a rotating force of wind, this is the only time i have ever seen anything like this, i too have seen monsoons and experienced them in the near east, and never saw anything like it.
i have also seen waterspouts, and small tornados, this was somehow different in a big way, but seemed so very odd for the Uk.
edit on 28-6-2012 by The X because: (no reason given)

I believe chemtrails are used for something, probably multiple purposes,but I don't believe it makes it rain more. We've had chemtrail coatings like mad this summer in the Chicago area, and just got our first measurable rainfall in about 2 months. Also, it can rain freezing isn't going to start an ice age. Specific patterns need to emerge to cool the planet in general.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist
reply to post by EvanB

Yeop, it is strange for England, no doubt about it... I just saw the reports on the news....

I thought the Ice melting at the North pole was going to be what caused mass flooding over the UK..... looks like its going to be Tornados and rain instead!!

Ice at North Pole is sea ice, so no extra sea level height when it melts. On the other hand, it will totally alter the ocean currents, with a huge influx of very cold water............meaning far more torrential rain for us. Not sure if that is
or

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
These people are the sort who think 2 inch diametre hail stones, people being swept away and killed, landslides, unprecidented lightning strikes, a whole major city flooded and tornadoes are "normal"...

You are exaggerating just a tad.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join