It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is It Really Hard to Believe We Are Not Alone In This Universe?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ask yourself when you are looking at the sky, what are the odds we are alone in this expansive galaxy, much less this universe.
I say the odds are astronomical that we are alone. All you need to do is quit being so arrogant for one second. We can not even identify all the species on this planet, we do not even know what is in our own water.
Some Scientists are blow hards that just think because they can read a book and get a degree that they know all the answers. Guess what, they don't have a clue, this is not even the only universe. Why do they think it is necessary for a planetary body to have Earth like atmospheres to support life? This is just not true.
Fact is there is many different forms of life that exist and they do not need the same elements that we have on Earth to do so. Our own water has life in it that exist under total darkness, they have adapted to their environment, which is totally different from what we have on our surface. Also, do we really think they would tell us the truth about what they have found? It would change everything we have ever been taught about our existence, the history books are all crap.
They only have versions of the truth, not the absolute truth. We are always looking for answers for our own existence for a reason. Unfortunately, too many people think what they read is based on fact. What I have written is based on fact, right? No. It is based on what I believe is the truth.
We are not alone and never have been and never will be. Our existence does not cease. We are recycled energy like the rest of this universe(S). Quit looking for reasons for our existence and just know we do for a reason. The truth is LOVE. We are supposed to learn from our mistakes in life so that we can become more enlightened to the truth. We need to stop trying to find other life elsewhere and take care of the life we have right here on this little planet we call Earth.

Sincerely,

Spiritual33
edit on 27-6-2012 by sp1r1tu4l33 because: I felt I needed to edit some portions. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
i'm glad you brought this up.

(paragraph's)
edit on 27-6-2012 by lacrimosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I think you may find that the majority of scientists would agree that it is highly unlikely that we are the only intelligent species in the Universe. The only thing missing is firm evidence. Scientists are funny about that. They like to have evidence.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I misspoke I meant to say some not all.

thank you for pointing that out to me.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
I 2nd Phage.. in fact, there have been many articles that proclaim that many scientists truly believe that there is more than a good chance that there is life on another planet. Now, if those scientists come out and say that without a smoking gun then their reputation is on the line.. many of them avoid the subject all together.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

There is no reason to speculate. We are not alone. Period. To think we are is ridiculous. Whether or not they say it or offer proof is not the point.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Funny how none of you has even grasped what it was a was trying to say..... We are not alone, but that is not even the point, we have our own planet to take care of and we suck at it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If all scientists were "Blow Hards" then how did 'Drake's equation' come into being?

Is It Really Hard to Believe We Are Not Alone In This Universe?

You tell me....What do you believe?

.....Ask a stupid question

edit on 27/6/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sp1r1tu4l33

Hey welcome! Lots of new registrations of late.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone on ATS try to seriously argue that Earth is the only repository of life in the universe. You will see a lot of people saying that they totally think there is extraterrestrial life, but they don't feel that it is coming here, which is reasonable. But to think that we are the only ones you would probably have to either ignore our current knowledge of the cosmos or be unaware of it's implications.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

We are not alone, but that is not even the point, we have our own planet to take care of and we suck at it.

In general I would agree. Individually, not so much.
In any case, if that was your point why bring up extraterrestrial intelligence at all? Why Aliens & UFOs? Would Fragile Earth have been a more appropriate forum?

edit on 6/27/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sp1r1tu4l33
Funny how none of you has even grasped what it was a was trying to say..... We are not alone, but that is not even the point, we have our own planet to take care of and we suck at it.

No argument there.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
There's that possibility that those we may think come from different planets may be connected to ours and vice-versa. And it is true, we have a lot to discover on our own world but I think it's irresistible to simply wonder what is beyond this world of ours. It may even connect to the mysteries of our own and it is not like evidence can prove something is 100% accurate. Many scientists must be trying hard to show to figure out those complications that they overlook what is right there.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

I do ask myself often, but then I ask myself are the people out there really grey beings with big eyes that can travel light years before they blink. No I do not believe that, but I do believe in life out there sure.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
We may never know. Take into consideration, every species on this planet. Living, extinct and even ones we cannot see with our naked eye, the tiniest organisms. From the beginning of life on this planet until now.

If so much life could exist on such a tiny planet, orbiting a tiny star in such a small time frame Why wouldn't it be elsewhere?

Unless you think that an alien species collected different forms of life from all over the universe and brought it here, an intergalactic zoo, if you will. If that is the case, perhaps they did so, not for entertainment, but to sustain life. Maybe they went around collecting DNA from species off of dying planets and brought them here. To prolong life in the universe. If some type of way. Or maybe i should switch to decaf
edit on 28-6-2012 by phrankie79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo
Now, if those scientists come out and say that without a smoking gun then their reputation is on the line.. many of them avoid the subject all together.

Yes, because Seth Shostak, Carl Sagan, Jill Tarter and Neil deGrasse Tyson all have or had their careers suffer for professing a belief in other life in the galaxy...

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Some Scientists are blow hards that just think because they can read a book and get a degree that they know all the answers.

The only people who read from a book and think they have all the answers are the religious. No scientist will tell you we have all the answers; the only people who claim that scientists say that are those non-scientists who are angry they are not getting the answers they want.

Guess what, they don't have a clue, this is not even the only universe. Why do they think it is necessary for a planetary body to have Earth like atmospheres to support life? This is just not true.
Fact is there is many different forms of life that exist and they do not need the same elements that we have on Earth to do so.

How do you know?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   

I agree with your OP and nice read

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Reply to post by sp1r1tu4l33

I can't recall one scientist ever saying that the Earth is likely the only place in the universe flourishing with life.
Who made this claim you're referring to?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I think you may find that the majority of scientists would agree that it is highly unlikely that we are the only intelligent species in the Universe. The only thing missing is firm evidence. Scientists are funny about that. They like to have evidence.

There seems to be different levels of AWARE scientist Phage unfortunately those are the ones WHO DO KNOW and HAVE SEEN data related but are sworn to be quiet--FOR NOW-- The Scientist who DON'T know seem to be play toys in the game to keep the general masses lost on the truth. They even work to distract the minds of the general populace THINKING THEY REALLY KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON when they are just as in the know as the general populace. That's why those scientist get the doctored soho and other cosmic equipment data releases why the REAL scientist KNOW and work with some of those of non EA*RTH scientist side by side. I could be speculating, COULD...
That's why when I realized that some NASA affiliates Phage don't know I accepted they are just as in on it as the rest who are not so 1 cannot get upset with those affiliates. ELENIN basically showed the REAL scientist in the know and who was not.
gotta LOVE how ELENIN seperated the in the know from the not in on it, on the scientist levels as well as general populace levels.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I do entertain the ET idea, and it would not surprise me if there are in fact aliens all over the place, but that is just having fun. Scifi if you like. Aliens are everywhere you say? I could just counter that the universe has to produce a first at some point and we might well be just that. Scifi too, but not less legit.

There ain't something like big proof. Proof is proof and when one wants to prove intelligent extraterrestrials, one needs to produce intelligent extraterrestials. Points of light in the sky (moving or static)) are not that. Not even a kazillion of them.

I love scifi.. That's as much love I can produce for aliens. Why is that not enough?

Quit looking

Why do people.. why do you insist on others to become follower of your beliefs?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join