It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Being Born Today Will Grow Up Watching Ancient Aliens As Well As All The Various NatGeo Ali

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

No seriously....you don't know unless you have the ability to actually monitor what people are watching. And if they put out three different versions of the same show and with clever marketing convince us that these are the shows that everyone is interested in...then of course people will watch them. We are being manipulated. We are not the manipulators.

ok, but seriously, ill concede that i have to actually see polling and work in the industry yada yada kind of like i need to get in a rocket and leave the atmosphere to see the earth is round. but i digress.

so, if i have to concede to that then you owe us all an explanation how you personally know that these particular shows are intentionally used to steer public opinion by the powers that be. are you one of them?
edit on 6/27/2012 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
The same stuff from ancient aliens has been on the internet for a long time and the internet became mainsteam about 14 years ago.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
As long as they dont kill each other over religion, I think its a safer assumption. Also, a good bit of their ideas are valid in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
People have been talking about indoctrination and disclosure by the media and governments for decades now. My opinion is that the majority of Westerners, 1st worlders and many 2nd-3rd worlders in places like India and many Asian countries are more than ready. It's religious extremists in the Middle East and parts of Africa I worry about. I fear they may start an inter-galactic incident of some sort.

We have had news stories, movies and documentaries on the various aspects of ufology for 60+ years. We've been inundated with it to the point where now-a-days we take belief in ET and aliens as second nature for 75-90% of us. Basically unless they "shoot first & ask questions later" the majority of people, thier children and thier children's children are psychologically prepared for a contact situation; be it finding another life bearing planet with a civilization to landing on the White House Lawn.

Whatever happens, happens; only time will tell of who is right or not.
edit on 27-6-2012 by johnthejedi24 because: Spelled something wrong

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Idk i think this has been happening for quite some time now. Im 18 and ive grown up watching alien documentaries. I dont think that this can be considered disclosure or anything though because my peers who have also grown up with alien documentaries are normal, they arent all chasing after some conspiracy theory. Everyone i know that is my age believes 100% that we are not alone but they are not crying for disclosure or anything. But i do think that this will bring about a more accepting generation.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

Arthur C. Clark was a writer not a scientist

Are you sure?
Chairman, British Interplanetary Society 1947-50, 1953.
Hon. Chairman, Society of Satellite Professionals
Life Member: Assn. of British Science Writers
International Science Policy Foundation
National Space Society (USA)
Space Generation Foundation (USA)
IAU (SETI) Commission 51
The Planetary Society (USA)
Lindbergh Award Nominations Committee (USA)
Royal Astronomical Society
British Interplanetary Society, Hon. Fellow
American Astronautical Association, Hon. Fellow
World Academy of Art & Science, Academician
International Academy of Astronautics, Hon. Fellow 1960

It goes on and on.
www.randomhouse.com...

But please, tell me, since you are so concerned about science, what scientists are involved with the "History" Channel programs? Discovery? Nat Geo?
Erich? He's a writer.
Georgio? He's a writer.
Graham? Writer.
Bill? Writer.
Any science background there? Nope. Didn't think so.

There is nothing new here. It is entertainment, and lousy entertainment at that.
edit on 6/28/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants
With Ancient Aliens being shown on something as prestigious sounding as "The History Channel" and all the similarily Alien themed shows on the "Discovery" and of course "The National Geographic Channel", children being born in the world today will take for granted the reality of the ancient alien theories and the strong possibility that we are still being visited by aliens today. They will not know a time when that knowledge was not a part of their culture.
Could this be the actual "Disclosure" that we've all been waiting for...happening right under our noses....just not to us.
As today's infants come of age how far of a leap will it be for the government to put their final stamp of legitimacy on it. People won't even bat an eye.
edit on 6/27/2012 by MissSmartypants because: more info

Not my children. These shows are full of stupid and bad science and are made for advertisers that are interested in finding audiences that are willing to believe anything, so they make a show that will cater to those that do.

Seriously, unplug yourself from the damn idiot box.

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I found it funny when one of my girlfriend's youngest daughters drew a picture of all 5 of us, and when she drew my character she drew it with an alien type head! Pretty interesting view they have...I've seen UFO's and had contact once that I have reported on here. Do you think children can see it in us or what?

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
what if we have already been conquered.

the system in place is obviously designed for control. control of the masses.

and if you're willing to betray mankind, the rewards are nearly endless.

and the resource.

all done in support of one common endeavour: to mine gold, diamonds and anything else of value.

edit on 28-6-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
most kids do not watch the history channel, sorry.

ancient aliens is entertaining sure, but is pure fantasy...there is no 'disclosure' happening here - or anywhere.

love, stu

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I think you might be onto something, that would make a lot of sense. If they came out and just said UFOs existed and so did aliens in the 50's-70's it would cause mass hysteria. What was the UFO/alien movie that caused all that hysteria? That was a good example on a small scale of what would have happened on an even larger scale if they admitted the existence of ET. It would cause mass implications for religious belief systems across the world. By gradually making people accustomed over time it lessens the impact. Good point

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join