It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children Being Born Today Will Grow Up Watching Ancient Aliens As Well As All The Various NatGeo Ali

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
With Ancient Aliens being shown on something as prestigious sounding as "The History Channel" and all the similarily Alien themed shows on the "Discovery" and of course "The National Geographic Channel", children being born in the world today will take for granted the reality of the ancient alien theories and the strong possibility that we are still being visited by aliens today. They will not know a time when that knowledge was not a part of their culture.
Could this be the actual "Disclosure" that we've all been waiting for...happening right under our noses....just not to us.
As today's infants come of age how far of a leap will it be for the government to put their final stamp of legitimacy on it. People won't even bat an eye.
edit on 6/27/2012 by MissSmartypants because: more info

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The have been feeding us small doses for scores.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

If im following correctly youre saying that kids growing up on these shows will be so exposed to these shows that they wouldnt break a sweat if aliens arrived?

im sure a lot of the older members here were familiar with some sort of show that was related to aliens or anything paranormal. i remember growing up watching reruns of In Search Of and Arthur C. Clarks Mysterious World.
edit on 6/27/2012 by homeskillet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Some of you may think it's about a slow drip of information to get us to get comfortable with the idea but the fact of the matter is the show simply makes money...they will keep it on as long is it keeps making money and if people lose interest the show will be pulled...this show in particular can only go on for so long...I personally think they are going to run out of topics as some of the shows appear to be losing the thrill of the first season...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I think "disclosure" is just wishful thinking on the part that want very much for their to be aliens who are, or have visited and interacted with us in the past.. which there isn't any evidence of really..

The ancient alien stuff is interesting but most of the stuff they display as evidence is being looked at through rose colored glasses.. they are presenting it in a way that matches what they want to believe or what they want you to believe .. Many of the things talked about in the show, when you read up on them one topic at a time.. you'll find other plausible explanations that don't involve aliens .. but that's just how the show is made.

Ultimately all we know is that we don't know.. there's still no evidence of anything other than some legitimately unidentified flying objects which could very well have mundane origins .. such as government craft..

I'd love it to be true.. but as a logical and science minded person, I just can't say there's any good evidence.. and I would hope that our children today aren't so dumbed down by video games, hours of tv, facebook and texting that they haven't lost their critical thinking skills..

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet

If im following correctly youre saying that kids growing up on these shows will be so exposed to these shows that they wouldnt break a sweat if aliens arrived?

im sure a lot of the older members here were familiar with some sort of show that was related to aliens or anything paranormal. i remember growing up watching reruns of In Search Of and Arthur C. Clarks Mysterious World.

In Search Of was a SciFi channel show..the Fi part short for fiction and Arthur C. Clark was a writer not a scientist....so these shows did not carry the weight that a show prominently featured on "The History Channel"....History implying that it actually happened and is a part of the historical record....does. And also...notice the frequency that these type of "aliens are real" shows are being aired. It far surpasses the amount of air time that similar shows received in the past.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
I grew up with the Tomorrow People, Star Trek, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica,

ETC ETC

Aliens still do not exist so I can not see it how will change anything watching documentaries

But that is just my opinion

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
I think "disclosure" is just wishful thinking on the part that want very much for their to be aliens who are, or have visited and interacted with us in the past.. which there isn't any evidence of really..

The ancient alien stuff is interesting but most of the stuff they display as evidence is being looked at through rose colored glasses.. they are presenting it in a way that matches what they want to believe or what they want you to believe .. Many of the things talked about in the show, when you read up on them one topic at a time.. you'll find other plausible explanations that don't involve aliens .. but that's just how the show is made.

Ultimately all we know is that we don't know.. there's still no evidence of anything other than some legitimately unidentified flying objects which could very well have mundane origins .. such as government craft..

I'd love it to be true.. but as a logical and science minded person, I just can't say there's any good evidence.. and I would hope that our children today aren't so dumbed down by video games, hours of tv, facebook and texting that they haven't lost their critical thinking skills..

There is evidence but people who were raised in an environment of your particular skeptical mindset are not the people that TPTB are targeting to finally "Disclose" to. They will disclose the alien presense to those young people of the future who are now being prepped for this knowledge, virtually from birth.
edit on 6/27/2012 by MissSmartypants because: spelling

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
I grew up with the Tomorrow People, Star Trek, Buck Rogers, Battlestar Galactica,

ETC ETC

Aliens still do not exist so I can not see it how will change anything watching documentaries

But that is just my opinion

Again...these shows were never portrayed as being anything more than fiction.
A five year old child watching a "documentary" on a channel that seems to be about actual history will not see it as fiction. As a baby boomer I grew up with Star Trek and I certainly understood these were fictional stories.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

In Search Of was a SciFi channel show..the Fi part short for fiction and Arthur C. Clark was a writer not a scientist....so these shows did not carry the weight that a show prominently featured on "The History Channel"....History implying that it actually happened and is a part of the historical record....does. And also...notice the frequency that these type of "aliens are real" shows are being aired. It far surpasses the amount of air time that similar shows received in the past.

the original In Search Of was from the late 70's and was hosted by Leonard Nimoy.en.wikipedia.org...

And, yes Arthur C. Clarke was not a scientist but was an inventor and all around brilliant man with enough imagination to investigate the unknown. but if you think any of these new shows are any different just because they are on the History Channel or Natgeo then i cant help you. are any of these shows using real science anyway?

here's the link to Arthur C. Clarkes show and no, it wasnt fiction. it was documentary style. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
In 1988 Time-Life books released a series called "Mysteries of the Unknown" - I think I still have one somewhere..... I believed it wholeheartedly at the time. Reader's Digest had their own series, one I'm sure I still have entitled "UFO: The Continuing Enigma" (1991).

This isn't the commercial I remember, but it shows how common these ideas have always been.

If I go back further in my memory I can find some advertisements for "Chariots of the Gods" which was actually written a few years before I was born.

Of course there's always the natgeo thing with Spock from the 70's too, claiming the Mayan calendar ended in 2011. I've seen it on ATS many times (strange how the name is escaping my memory now..)

We all want to believe there's something more, out there, somewhere.... some of us can feel it and just want to define it - some of us can't feel it and we're jealous of those who can....

I am glad they've put some of this information into a more "documentary" type of format, because in that manner I think it gets more attention. But I definitely do not consider any of these items to be disclosure of any kind. Especially since some fabulous ATS members have put forth great arguments against Ancient Aliens and their theories. (Especially since in the last season I think they're rehashing a lot and really grasping, hence the uber amount of meme's out there).

First Search Result for Ancient Aliens Debunked: Ancient Aliens Debunked?
First Search Result and Shameless Plug for Tsoukalos Meme's: Proof of Aliens! - Tsoukalos!

ETA
reply to post by homeskillet

In search of! Thats the one!!!!
edit on 27-6-2012 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
In 1988 Time-Life books released a series called "Mysteries of the Unknown" - I think I still have one somewhere..... I believed it wholeheartedly at the time. Reader's Digest had their own series, one I'm sure I still have entitled "UFO: The Continuing Enigma" (1991).

This isn't the commercial I remember, but it shows how common these ideas have always been.

If I go back further in my memory I can find some advertisements for "Chariots of the Gods" which was actually written a few years before I was born.

Of course there's always the natgeo thing with Spock from the 70's too, claiming the Mayan calendar ended in 2011. I've seen it on ATS many times (strange how the name is escaping my memory now..)

We all want to believe there's something more, out there, somewhere.... some of us can feel it and just want to define it - some of us can't feel it and we're jealous of those who can....

I am glad they've put some of this information into a more "documentary" type of format, because in that manner I think it gets more attention. But I definitely do not consider any of these items to be disclosure of any kind. Especially since some fabulous ATS members have put forth great arguments against Ancient Aliens and their theories. (Especially since in the last season I think they're rehashing a lot and really grasping, hence the uber amount of meme's out there).

First Search Result for Ancient Aliens Debunked: Ancient Aliens Debunked?
First Search Result and Shameless Plug for Tsoukalos Meme's: Proof of Aliens! - Tsoukalos!

ETA
reply to post by homeskillet

In search of! Thats the one!!!!
edit on 27-6-2012 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

Yes in the past there were scholarly shows on UFOs....in the 1950's an interview with Major Donald Keyhole done by Mike Wallace. In, I believe the 80's Disney's CEO Michael Eisner did a show that more or less stated matter of factly that aliens were real. But these shows were few and far between compared to the frequency of today's shows. And why is Ancient Aliens so popular? Because the people in charge want it to be and they tell us what we want to watch.
And once this one loses steam they will quickly replace it with the next big thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

why are the alien shows so popular these days? why are shows about ghosts, auctions, pawn shops and repo men so ubiquitous as well? because people watch them.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

why are the alien shows so popular these days? why are shows about ghosts, auctions, pawn shops and repo men so ubiquitous as well? because people watch them.

We watch them because they are the current flavor of the month that the networks are churning out. It's what's available for us to watch now so that's what we watch. None of us chose to have the networks start flooding the TV schedules with these type of shows....TPTB just decided this is what we'll be watching now.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

well, that....or someone comes up with a new idea( or an old one) for a tv show and it becomes popular. sponsors come and spend money. other network people say" hey! our network needs a version of that!" and next thing you know theres way too many shows.

you really should give human nature more credit.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

well, that....or someone comes up with a new idea( or an old one) for a tv show and it becomes popular. sponsors come and spend money. other network people say" hey! our network needs a version of that!" and next thing you know theres way too many shows.

you really should give human nature more credit.

And how exactly do you know if a show is popular or not? Are you doing the polling? Or is the media telling you that these shows are popular? And hence you should watch them too. And also with as many cable channels as there are there are an awful lot of shows that are very similar....so it's not like the networks really give us a choice of what kind of shows we can watch.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Well I decided to experiment on my own kids. Now, I'm a sci-fi buff, so there is exposure in the household to the concepts of paranormal and supernatural. I should state that I don't have cable. So my kids don't watch these shows, that are referenced. However, I'm a Trekkie geek - they have plenty exposure through our video collection.

So my teenager - believes there are aliens. Believes in science and technology and classifies herself an atheist. She feels that religion was primitive mankind's attempt to explain the "visitors" and the gods were born...

My younger daughter still in grade school (going in 4th grade) states that she doesn't really know. She thinks they might exist. But she does believe in ghosts, fairies, angels and God. I asked her if she would be surprised if they do exist. She rolled her eyes at me and said, and I quote. "Oh come on mom. Even the teachers tell us finding life somewhere else in space is only a matter of time."

So yeah - they are fairly indoctrinated to the idea.

~ Serra

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

so, the government wants us all to buy delinquent storage lockers too?

i dont need to do any polling to see that a show is popular. if theres more than three versions of the show than its popular. they are in primetime slots and generate a lot of revenue through advertising.

i guess i know how popular they are the same way you know youre being steered by the government.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

so, the government wants us all to buy delinquent storage lockers too?

i dont need to do any polling to see that a show is popular. if theres more than three versions of the show than its popular. they are in primetime slots and generate a lot of revenue through advertising.

i guess i know how popular they are the same way you know youre being steered by the government.

No seriously....you don't know unless you have the ability to actually monitor what people are watching. And if they put out three different versions of the same show and with clever marketing convince us that these are the shows that everyone is interested in...then of course people will watch them. We are being manipulated. We are not the manipulators.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serraphina
Well I decided to experiment on my own kids. Now, I'm a sci-fi buff, so there is exposure in the household to the concepts of paranormal and supernatural. I should state that I don't have cable. So my kids don't watch these shows, that are referenced. However, I'm a Trekkie geek - they have plenty exposure through our video collection.

So my teenager - believes there are aliens. Believes in science and technology and classifies herself an atheist. She feels that religion was primitive mankind's attempt to explain the "visitors" and the gods were born...

My younger daughter still in grade school (going in 4th grade) states that she doesn't really know. She thinks they might exist. But she does believe in ghosts, fairies, angels and God. I asked her if she would be surprised if they do exist. She rolled her eyes at me and said, and I quote. "Oh come on mom. Even the teachers tell us finding life somewhere else in space is only a matter of time."

So yeah - they are fairly indoctrinated to the idea.

~ Serra

Yes, thank you. My point exactly. It will be their accepted culture, just as a culture of denial was a part of my culture.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join