It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your view on Proof of God

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
i want to hear all the christains point of view on the proof of the existence of God,

This will be an incredible resource for those in philosophical ideology that embrace a higher being ultimately, want brought you to Him .

I would like to see peoples perspective on a few things.

1: God, what came to your conclusion, experiance, reasoning of thought, ect

2: The bible/tankah/other, Resources that help solidify what you feel

3: personal viewpoint, faith is like a snowflake, everyone is different

I will obviously start.
I also wanted to announce my perspective of God is not a male or female, but God transcends and is probably somewhat more effeminate, due to major female objects among the universe. (planets are wombs, asteroids are sperm) God is more of a it, and that sounds awful to many, but God is greater than all.

Proof of existence also would be consciousness. The fact that God is omnipotent and the very first cradle of consciousness and a human, we are but a peice of that consciousness. In the end, flesh birth flesh, so what births consciousness? this goes together with the "ye are god" from jesus. Jesus being the supreme spirit of God and being God as one, birthed and conceived from the virgin mary

Jesus was the cornerstone of Salvation, which is greater than Budda and Krishna. Honestly, budda was about enlightenment and the path to become enlighten, Jesus was not this, but someone who came "knowingly" that some other person (i believe Jesus studied hinduism and buddhist among other) transcended the ego.

2 I study the bible, tanakh, Koran, gnostics and Dead sea scrolls. Out of all those books i honestly would say start with bible, to the Dead sea scrolls and be sure to read some of the apocrypha from the catholic catalog.

3: my personal experiance;

I have had some experiances of proof of God, helping poor, homeless, ect. I also had some physical proof that does not need to be mention, because I am not going to have a bunch of atsers question my sanity, its that personal. I even have had experience of matrix glitch, God has a lot of humor. I have at one time look at a can of pepsi, knowing it was a can of pepsi, go down stairs and open a ginger ale. Humor...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
In the past I had to study the so-called "logical proofs" of God. I was never convinced that they did anything useful in connection with the Biblical God.

From the Christian viewpoint; the whole point of Faith is the belief in something which is not known with certainty;
"The assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen"- Hebrews ch11 v1
So if it was possible to know the existence of God with certainty, that would make faith redundant.
I'm not sure there's much dfifference between the desire to "prove" God, and the desire to see him in a statue. They're both about removing the uncertainty and turning him into something graspable.

edit on 27-6-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

I also had some physical proof that does not need to be mention, because I am not going to have a bunch of atsers question my sanity, its that personal.

Once this is done, many will discount what you say after that. But, if more shared their experiences instead of fear of ridicule. It would become the norm, and more would chime in to share theirs.

But, this is an interesting thread, I am glad you brought it up. Waiting to see what others have to share.
edit on 27-6-2012 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
You’re posting on a conspiracy website…. and you only ask for responses from christians? LOL

It’s like being at the football with 50,000 people around you and loudly asking the score from only the ice-cream salesman?

I won’t bother answering your misguided attempts to solidify the need for religious people to stick together, to feel at ease that you have others around you that agree with you in some way - in order to think that your choice is the right one? All I will state is that I believe you are all very misguided and of course you all want to stick together (safety in numbers right? justify your belief system because others do too?)

There is absolutely NO PROOF of any god or that any religion is true and correct, to think otherwise is only the safety net for your brain so that you can function without falling apart. You believe you have chosen correctly - billions of other people believe you have not.

Christians (for example) can’t stand the thought of there being ‘nothing’ after you die, it scares them when it really should not, so embrace it and it’s not scary at all..... don't be scared if another god turns up either - I'm sure Zues for example will let you have a nice little fluffy cloud up the back rows somewhere for being a good participant (or maybe not, as most gods I hear are very vengeful) so perhaps the most you should hope for is a reward or medal that shows you were an 'also ran', anything better than that is a bonus right?

Mickierocksman

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
In the past I had to study the so-called "logical proofs" of God. I was never convinced that they did anything useful in connection with the Biblical God.

From the Christian viewpoint; the whole point of Faith is the belief in something which is not known with certainty;
"The assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen"- Hebrews ch11 v1
So if it was possible to know the existence of God with certainty, that would make faith redundant.
I'm not sure there's much dfifference between the desire to "prove" God, and the desire to see him in a statue. They're both about removing the uncertainty and turning him into something graspable.

edit on 27-6-2012 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

Not to speak for the OP but I think he means to address that point in "3: personal viewpoint, faith is like a snowflake" category, while 1 and 2 are more for experiences and credentials.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
My view on proof of YHWH is no matter what you bring to the table only believers, or those chosen to believe will recognize it. Anyone else will throw it out the door and piss all over it because that is what they do now. You could lay golden eggs as proof of him and they still wouldn't believe it. I'm not here to prove anything to "them", i'm here so that when someone types keywords into google or another search engine on this subject matter they can see what i present. Maybe in a world with 7 billion people and growing, i can show one person his light and it would be worth it.

posted on Jun, 29 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
i'm here so that when someone types keywords into google or another search engine on this subject matter they can see what i present. Maybe in a world with 7 billion people and growing, i can show one person his light and it would be worth it.

Any particular 'key' words?

The door swings both ways, your posts could help others escape from this delusion.

top topics

join