It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'UFO' at the bottom of the Baltic Sea 'cuts off electrical equipment when divers get within 200m

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i thought they said it was a giant mushroom? didnt i read that here ?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse

So we could possibly be looking at something encased in a concrete like substance.

I am leaning more towards soviet reactor/submarine experiments,dumped and covered in concrete.
Hmm.

its been speculated in local papers that its a submarine "bear trap" of sorts from WW II

it has a square base with 90 degree angles on top which the pillar stands on that has the mushroom type hat with a hole in the middle

they found evidence of a metal "cage" that had corroded almost to nothing ,

the big object is one of many simular smaller in a formation

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevbrownuk

Originally posted by DragonFire1024
Anyone ever stop to think these guys are now being paid by the government(s) now?

I ask you this question,

If you were a member of the Government, would you feel the need to pay this man/local oaf?

edit on 27-6-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)

Why waste billions of tax dollars on military personnel, equipment, creating cover-ups, stopping others from seeing, when you can just pay what is likely a greedy man who probably wants nothing but money in the first place?

So because one swims naked in the ocean, that means he has no credibility? I fail to see how this photo is relevant.
edit on 27-6-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
can always ask James Cameron to take a look or to atleast use his crafts
This is what I meen something like this just gets no interest, smh.
edit on 6/27/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

If this was something REALLY, REALLY, REALLY interesting, I'm sure a lot of people would want to get involved.

But what people of James Cameron's stature would want to get involved in a stupid crappy hoax?
Try to think about this logically, rather than deciding these guys "must be telling the truth, because you really, really want it to be something "special".

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Two pages of posts, and no one has even mentioned that this whole "scam" that it might appear to be, may perhaps be orchestrated by the government (assuming this is a real "UFO") Anyone ever stop to think these guys are now being paid by the government(s) now? Suddenly they have all the funding they need to see what this thing is. So they are now getting paid to tell the truth in bits and pieces, while of course exaggerating most of the story. So you do the obvious with this one: Hide it in plain sight and at the same time, turn it into a TV special that will keep everyone glued to IT and not the truth.
edit on 27-6-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: clarify.

Well, you might be partially right. I think "the authorities" let people get away with UFO hoaxes because that was the policy established by the US military and government in the Robertson Panel Report (1952), to promote UFO hoaxes and easily explainable phenomena, like meteors - although I do think the public has genuine interest in flashy meteors, its just that every time the media report one, they almost always play up the "what is it, a UFO?" angle.

I'm pretty sure if the government thought this was "some classified technology" they would find some way to shut down these blatant publicity seeking "treasure hunters".

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Anyone ever stop to think these guys are now being paid by the government(s) now?

I ask you this question,

If you were a member of the Government, would you feel the need to pay this man/local oaf?

edit on 27-6-2012 by kevbrownuk because: (no reason given)

So because one swims naked in the ocean, that means he has no credibility? I fail to see how this photo is relevant.
edit on 27-6-2012 by DragonFire1024 because: (no reason given)

The photo is relevent because it is posted on a supposebly 'Professional companies' website. The whole fact that this sort of photo is even on the website should outline the calibre of people leading the exhibition,

I do understand your points though, however, Wargames go on in the baltic sea every year and have done for many years gone by, now lets just say the object was never picked up on sonar before last year.

Do you not think it is more probable that one of these Naval Subs decided to take a lil sea trip on a quiet day and have a peer out the window to see whats down there. The goverment would of known long before now if tthere was something of note at the sea bed

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan
A possible crashed UFO sat in the ocean for a year before funding was available to explore the site? Where were the black helicoptors? The governments UFO recovery teams? Someone should probably receive a tongue lashing over this mishap.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

Remember.....Out of sight, out of mind.....

They probably said to themselves, it's at the bottom of the ocean! Who the hell is going to find it there? Lets save up some money to get it out of there in a couple years, its not going anywhere....

I hope this is a UFO and the government is then forced to release ALL information regarding UFO's to the world....This might spark some real interest in people if real, and the skeptics can turn to our side and all can fight for every bit of information gathered EVER!!

Just a pipe dream I guess, but it would be sweet!!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Do you not think it is more probable that one of these Naval Subs decided to take a lil sea trip on a quiet day and have a peer out the window to see whats down there. The goverment would of known long before now if tthere was something of note at the sea bed

It's not even that horrific of a dive - you could do it with a trimix rebreather on a SCUBA dive, no moon suit needed. Grant you, it's past most divers, but I've been nearly that deep on trimix a couple of times. If the Navy wanted to put men on that site, they could lock out a few divers with trimix CCRs from a sub and stay all day.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
I hope this is a UFO and the government is then forced to release ALL information regarding UFO's to the world....This might spark some real interest in people if real, and the skeptics can turn to our side and all can fight for every bit of information gathered EVER!!

Just a pipe dream I guess, but it would be sweet!!

Heh. If the guy was American he'd be in trouble if he brought it up. I'm assuming he's Swedish, not sure if they've got any legal barriers.

So what if it IS a UFO, he brings it up, screws with it, it's obviously malfunctioning (how many of them DO that?) so he hits this instead of that and 'boom', no more Sweden. Or worse, he gets it open and they didn't bother to sterilize it.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluestreak53

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
can always ask James Cameron to take a look or to atleast use his crafts
This is what I meen something like this just gets no interest, smh.

If this was something REALLY, REALLY, REALLY interesting, I'm sure a lot of people would want to get involved.

But what people of James Cameron's stature would want to get involved in a stupid crappy hoax?
Try to think about this logically, rather than deciding these guys "must be telling the truth, because you really, really want it to be something "special".

I really dont want it to be nothing more then what it REALLY is.... But still the issue can be resolved if crafts like the one James Cameron's used recently went down there, then there would be no discussions. Instead what is the result you get many whom have not been there also to verify what it is telling others, ohh its nothing and to listen to what they say because..... they know for sure??? interesting

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Wasn't it just a rock, a mushroom, a Nazi saucer, how do these 'hunters' expect to be taken seriously? ... It's really some pulbicity stunt, I don't see any credibility in those hunters anymore

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
edit on 27-6-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

Originally posted by Gwampo
how did they get back to the surface if their equipment failed?

wow! i know right?

isn't their breathing stuff electronic as well?

peace.
edit on 27-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

Above the water guys...pay attention.

When they were above it as in in the boat on water it stopped...when they SAILED away about 200 meters it started working again.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I wasn't aware that people actually take the DailyMail seriously.

They have absolutely 0 credibility. It is constantly brought to the public attention that they post fake articles, yet people still choose to believe what they release.

Here is a recent example:

www.poynter.org...

And before that:
www.guardian.co.uk...

There are really too many examples to list. Seems like people will believe anything they want to believe though...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

Who ever send they were sending people down there...did I miss something?

About a week and a half ago they dove down and took samples of it. Apparently it's a giant mushroom?

STOCKHOLM, Sweden, June 15, 2012 The Ocean X Team dove down to the circle-shaped object in the Baltic Sea and met something they never experienced before. First they thought it was just stone or a rock cliff, but after further observations the object appeared more as a huge mushroom, rising 3-4 meters/10-13 feet from the seabed, with rounded sides and rugged edges. The object had an egg shaped hole leading into it from the top, as an opening. On top of the object they also found strange stone circle formations, almost looking like small fireplaces. The stones were covered in something resembling soot.

www.oceanexplorer.se...

There's a thread about it as well here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Baawaah, so many stupid posts about a skinnydipper, and trying to get a TV deal, when it is pretty obvious that they have tv men with them already. They are the guys who make docu's not the explorers, and are probably the money men as well. When and if the docu comes out you will know if it is a load of tosh, tarted up with speculation, or if it is something mundane and explainable, or something completely unknown. Amazingly, all you need is your tv subscription fee, and/or tv licence, (license) to see for yourself, no need to trot down to the Troxy and fork out to find out. What an ungrateful lot!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I think your onto something there. This sounds goofy and will end in a disappointment

Sadly

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So we are still waiting for the "OMG you guys won't believe this! but you'll have to wait until our documentary gets made/screened to find out"

Stinks to high heaven

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Here is an updated artists rendition of the Baltic object......weird. UFO looking? Yes round and plate like. But who knows we have to wait .

Also updated info....Truthfall
edit on 27-6-2012 by ManicDepresive1 because: added line

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Lindberg has already been interviewed and stated that it is only a UFO if aliens make UFOs out of stone. It is not a UFO.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join