It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'UFO' at the bottom of the Baltic Sea 'cuts off electrical equipment when divers get within 200m

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Apologies if this has been posted before but now, the Ocean X crew is saying that when they are directly over the object it cuts out electrical equipment, weird or what?

The divers exploring a 'UFO-shaped' object at the bottom of the Baltic Sea say their equipment stops working when they approach within 200m. Professional diver Stefan Hogerborn, part of the Ocean X team which is exploring the anomaly, said some of the team's cameras and the team's satellite phone would refuse to work when directly above the object, and would only work once they had sailed away. He is quoted as saying: 'Anything electric out there - and the satellite phone as well - stopped working when we were above the object. 'And then we got away about 200 meters and it turned on again, and when we got back over the object it didn’t work.'

Now, I'm quite well aware of the electrical effects being reported in many UFO incidents but to have this happen here is something very interesting imo.

Diver Peter Lindberg said: 'We have experienced things that I really couldn’t imagine and I have been the team's biggest skeptic regarding these different kind of theories. 'I was kind of prepared just to find a stone or cliff or outcrop or pile of mud but it was nothing like that, so for me it has been a missing experience I must say.' Member Dennis Åsberg said: 'I am one hundred percent convinced and confident that we have found something that is very, very, very unique. 'Then if it is a meteorite or an asteroid, or a volcano, or a base from, say, a U-boat from the Cold War which has manufactured and placed there - or if it is a UFO... 'Well honestly it has to be something.' The quotes were first reported at NDTV. The Mail Online has reached out to the Ocean X team for clarification.

So it would seem there is still life in this story yet.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
if there was a ufo at the bottom of the sea
do you really think we would be hearing about it
it would be like the goverment declaring that humans aliens have been around us for yeons
it just wouldnt happen

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It would be a lot easier to believe these stories from the crew if they were not working hard to make a television deal. They have to keep releasing bits of mysterious information to keep us interested until the documentary is completed.
But for a minutes lets assume this information they are releasing is factual.
The dive team is going to take enough electrical equipment to this site that one of these days this UFO is going to be able to lift off and return to their home planet. Maybe it has the ability to drain their electrical gear for its own power.

E.T.: E.T. phone home.
ET

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
A possible crashed UFO sat in the ocean for a year before funding was available to explore the site? Where were the black helicoptors? The governments UFO recovery teams? Someone should probably receive a tongue lashing over this mishap.
edit on 27-6-2012 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by VeniVidi
It would be a lot easier to believe these stories from the crew if they were not working hard to make a television deal. They have to keep releasing bits of mysterious information to keep us interested until the documentary is completed.
But for a minutes lets assume this information they are releasing is factual.
The dive team is going to take enough electrical equipment to this site that one of these days this UFO is going to be able to lift off and return to their home planet. Maybe it has the ability to drain their electrical gear for its own power.

E.T.: E.T. phone home.
ET

I could be wrong but I read somewhere they were planning on marketing this as a tourist thing to take rich people down to see this thing close up.

If this is a gimmick it could work both ways for them. If it isn't considered safe they may not be able to get insured or licensed to do the tour thing.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
Apologies if this has been posted before but now, the Ocean X crew is saying that when they are directly over the object it cuts out electrical equipment, weird or what?

The divers exploring a 'UFO-shaped' object at the bottom of the Baltic Sea say their equipment stops working when they approach within 200m. Professional diver Stefan Hogerborn, part of the Ocean X team which is exploring the anomaly, said some of the team's cameras and the team's satellite phone would refuse to work when directly above the object, and would only work once they had sailed away. He is quoted as saying: 'Anything electric out there - and the satellite phone as well - stopped working when we were above the object. 'And then we got away about 200 meters and it turned on again, and when we got back over the object it didn’t work.'

Now, I'm quite well aware of the electrical effects being reported in many UFO incidents but to have this happen here is something very interesting imo.

Diver Peter Lindberg said: 'We have experienced things that I really couldn’t imagine and I have been the team's biggest skeptic regarding these different kind of theories. 'I was kind of prepared just to find a stone or cliff or outcrop or pile of mud but it was nothing like that, so for me it has been a missing experience I must say.' Member Dennis Åsberg said: 'I am one hundred percent convinced and confident that we have found something that is very, very, very unique. 'Then if it is a meteorite or an asteroid, or a volcano, or a base from, say, a U-boat from the Cold War which has manufactured and placed there - or if it is a UFO... 'Well honestly it has to be something.' The quotes were first reported at NDTV. The Mail Online has reached out to the Ocean X team for clarification.

So it would seem there is still life in this story yet.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Indeed it is life in this story. Not to forget to mention, the long skidding trail that, whatever the object are, have left behind, proving that it has moved.
And, the evidence of the area closest to and around the object having been exposed to extreme heat.

In other words, whatever it is, it certainly do not seem to neither a mushroom or a natural formation, as previously suggested.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout

I could be wrong but I read somewhere they were planning on marketing this as a tourist thing to take rich people down to see this thing close up.

If this is a gimmick it could work both ways for them. If it isn't considered safe they may not be able to get insured or licensed to do the tour thing.

Sounds like rubbish. It is certainly nothing that have been claimed in the Swedish press.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
how did they get back to the surface if their equipment failed?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

That is the most interesting info I have yet heard on the subject-thanks for the info!
(even if it is a daily fail link,it does quote the scientists involved in the project)

A meteor with strange magnetic properties maybe?
I am still not ready to accept the alien craft theory yet,but this is seriously intriguing IMO.

Thank you Z!

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Evidently this horse hasn't been beaten to death.. gotta love the believer brigades

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
So they've been using decades old technology to film and take the photographs that we've all seen of the rock?

Seems odd that they'd be using traditional film to document their "UFO".

Sorry, but this entire story is BS, created by a bunch of people who found a natural rock formation and want to make some money off of gullible idiots.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
how did they get back to the surface if their equipment failed?

wow! i know right?

isn't their breathing stuff electronic as well?

peace.
edit on 27-6-2012 by SoymilkAlaska because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
What we need to know here is what does "stopped working" mean?
Did the devices turn off,or simply stop being able to take readings/send wireless data?

If it was the latter-it could be down to the shape and material of the anomaly-we know it is sort of shaped like the top of a mushroom,and we know its made from a weird spongy rocky substance.

Could this be a natural formation of say,long dead coral,which has radio wave dampening effects?
Or is it something more like a metallic meteorite.with enough magnetism to screw around with the electronics on the sub?

What about a sunken soviet era reactor,with a dome of concrete poured over it?
maybe some fissile materials have been left and have started reacting?
Would that interfere with submarine sensors?

Hmm...questions questions.

edit on 27/6/2012 by Silcone Synapse because: sp

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So in other words they had a faulty Iphone?

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
What we need to know here is what does "stopped working" mean?
Did the devices turn off,or simply stop being able to take readings/send wireless data?

If it was the latter-it could be down to the shape and material of the anomaly-we know it is sort of shaped lie the top of a mushroom,and we know its made from a weird spongy rocky substance.

Could this be a natural formation of say,long dead coral,which has radio wave dampening effects?
Or is it something more like a metallic meteorite.with enough magnetism to screw around with the electronics on the sub?

What about a sunken soviet era reactor,with a dome of concrete poured over it?
maybe some fissile materials have been left and have started reacting?
Would that interfere with submarine sensors?

Hmm...questions questions.

I would have to say that it is most definitely not Coral, as they, the team, said until just last week that they were unable to take any samples from the surface as it was extremely hard, like Concrete, and therefore had to send for special tools to be able to take any sample from the object at all.
If it had been Coral, ordinary tools would have been fully enough to do the work.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Fisherr

That would never happen!

Are you crazy?

(sarcasm.)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
If their equipment stops working when the get with in 200m then how did they take the so called mushroom photo then? I think the whole thing is one big scam. This is going in with the Billy Myer UFO for me.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The article mentions only some of hte equipment failed. I also wonder why this was not mentioned before since they did a dive a week ago or so? How much of this is just stageshow?

Personally, I wouldn't trust anything about this story right now.

Like someone said in the comments list, the anomaly in the pictures was the pencil. The rest of it was just some pixels that could have been harry potter or some spilled spaghetti.

All this excitement over what amounts to rumor and unsubstantiated claims. If this were a genuine concern then governments would be involved. Leads me to believe the governments already know what this is - a pile of ice age rocks in the baltic and a team of conmen hungry for money.
edit on 27-6-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Regarding the question of how they are able to dive or take pics of the object if it shuts down the equipment, they say that the equipment stops working when directly above the object, which would explain why the existing pics of the object shows it from a slightly leaning angle.

From the article;

Professional diver Stefan Hogerborn, part of the Ocean X team which is exploring the anomaly, said some of the team's cameras and the team's satellite phone would refuse to work when directly above the object, and would only work once they had sailed away.

posted on Jun, 27 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

I am still skeptical of this whole thing, I'm sure whatever they send down there is still in some way attached to the ships at the surface of the water, so once they lose contact they planned on pulling the observation equipment or people back to the surface in case there was a problem.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join