It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention all sinister secret agents we have a problem !

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kidtwist

No it's not a weak excuse. It's called complacency. I can count the number of domestic terror attacks on one hand, since the 1970s. The mentality is out of sight, out of mind. Once it essentially stopped happening, people stopped thinking about the domestic aspect.

Pre-9/11 NORAD looked for threats ENTERING the US, not threats IN the US. Terrorism threats were the province of the FBI, and the CIA, NOT the military.

www.911myths.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

No it's not a weak excuse. It's called complacency. I can count the number of domestic terror attacks on one hand, since the 1970s. The mentality is out of sight, out of mind. Once it essentially stopped happening, people stopped thinking about the domestic aspect.

Pre-9/11 NORAD looked for threats ENTERING the US, not threats IN the US. Terrorism threats were the province of the FBI, and the CIA, NOT the military.

www.911myths.com...

Oh dear, you're not one of those 'debunkers' that uses '9/11 myths as an information source' ??!!

You may as well quote from the Beano comic!

Are you one of those people that use capitals to try and make your reply seem more convincing?!

The threat was not in the USA, these 'terrorists' were from outside the USA, but they chose to act inside the USA, and the USA with a trillion dollar defense budget, and a large CIA/FBI budget should have been able to cope with this.

They had planes stationed at Andrews AFB because on the 1994 stolen plane that crashed at the white house, so they had precautions in place.

Bin laden hiding in a cave, or maybe in one of his compounds that have no internet connection supposedly made a mockery of a country that has the worlds biggest defence budget! What a load of crap!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Eh, screw it. It's just not worth it. Neither side will ever convince the other, so what's the point.

edit on 6/30/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

The defense budget, in 2001, was not anywhere one trillion dollars. Another lie promoted by the "truth" movement.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596

The defense budget, in 2001, was not anywhere one trillion dollars. Another lie promoted by the "truth" movement.

Seeing as the mods stuck one of their stickers on my post for swearing, even though I blanked out the swear words, which others do and dont get a sticker, I will explain again!

You need to take inflation into consideration, and by today's standards the 2001 budget was a very big amount. There are conflicting reports about how much, but it has increased a lot since 9/11, I'd love to see an audit, I bet someone is pocketing a lot of cash!

Even with the budget they had they should have been able to stop terrorists crashing further planes, but they were in on it, and it was nothing to do with incompetence. A defence budget that size does not allow for incompetence of that scale. OBL would not gift the government with an attack like 9/11.

BTW, the OS movement cannot even get their death toll correct, so when you can all agree on the exact death toll, then you have room to complain about people not getting the defence budget correct. Even the media cannot get their figure correct on most things!

I wouldnt rely on the 9/11 myths site you source all your info from, it's a known disinfo site.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidtwist

I wouldnt rely on the 9/11 myths site you source all your info from, it's a known disinfo site.

Try using their sources:

www.defense.gov...

www.defense.gov...

findarticles.com...

hv.greenspun.com...

www.dodig.mil...

web.archive.org...://www.defenselink.mil/news/Feb2002/n02202002_200202201.html

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Eh, screw it. It's just not worth it. Neither side will ever convince the other, so what's the point.

Zaphod.. I can be convinced of an inside job. All the truthers need to do is present some proof. It's been almost 11 years and so far... nadda. On the other hand, truthers have been given an abundance of proof and ignore it. The side that will never budge is the one with mental issues.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

An aircraft departing from within the US hadn't been hijacked since the 1970s. Everyone assumed that it wouldn't happen again, so they weren't looking for it to happen.

The FAA was The Lead Agency for hijackings within the special jurisdiction of the United States according the National Security Decision Directive Number 30 April 10, 1982. It may have changed closer to 2001, I didn't get to that yet.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma

Zaphod.. I can be convinced of an inside job. All the truthers need to do is present some proof. It's been almost 11 years and so far... nadda. On the other hand, truthers have been given an abundance of proof and ignore it. The side that will never budge is the one with mental issues.

Truthers need to present NOTHING ! If you don't get it you never will.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1

Okay, I'll just take your word for it, Max.

I AM A TRUTHER!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1

Yes, and in 1982 people believed it could happen again. By 2001, it had been almost 30 years since the last time a plane had been hijacked in the US. Very few people believed it could happen again.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Yes, and in 1982 people believed it could happen again. By 2001, it had been almost 30 years since the last time a plane had been hijacked in the US. Very few people believed it could happen again.

Is this your opinion or fact?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma

Okay, I'll just take your word for it, Max.

I AM A TRUTHER!!!

I personally couldn't care less what you are.

What I'm saying is that people with functional brain cells can see very clearly that an inside job has never been disproved

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

It's based on the fact that by 2001 I had been working security at the airport for several years, and had a close relationship with the FAA at our airport. Whenever the topic was brought up, even with the FAA, they said that it wouldn't happen again in the US.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

The fact is, the last commercial airline to get hijacked was in 1978 - a 17 year old girl said she had three sticks of dynamite.

There was a Fed Ex hijacking in the 80's IIRC

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I personally couldn't care less what you are.

What I'm saying is that people with functional brain cells can see very clearly that an inside job has never been disproved

Oh, so now we have to prove a nagative huh?

Dude... 9/11 Truth was debunked in 2006.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Six Sigma

It was 1994 for the FedEx. It was a disgruntled employee who thought he was about to be fired. He planned to crash the plane and try to kill his bosses, but the crew fought back and prevented the hijacking.

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidtwist

Originally posted by vipertech0596

And, they felt that crashing a plane into the Pentagon was considered "unrealistic". And in the drills, the airplanes were all coming in from foreign countries, not taking off from US airports. Or didn't you bother to actually read your souces?

Of course I read it, that's why I posted it! You failed to address the main point of the subject. The main point being planes being used as weapons.

I find it ironic that you're chiding others for faling to address the point but you yourself are failing to address your own article specifically says they didn't take the scenario seriously. They put this possibility in the same category as Iranians attacking the Pentagon with mini-submarines, the Shining Path invading the Pentagon with jet packs, or the five thousand other technically possible but pretty unlikely possibilities. I don't see you taking the gov't to task for not preparing for Shining Path terrorists dropping out of the sky on jet packs.

Here's a question for YOU- why are you truthers deliberately ignoring all the OTHER hijackings, terrorist attacks, suicide attacks, murder of civilians, and other stunts Islamic Fundamentalists have pulled throughout the decades? Terrorists have even hijacked an Itlalian cruise liner, so why is it so outlandish an idea for you to accept Islamic fundamentalists genuinely did come up with the idea to put all these attack plans together to stage the 9/11 attack, exactly the same way you're criticizing the gov't of doing the exact same thing?

posted on Jun, 30 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I stand corrected! Thanks Zaphod.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join