It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkish jet shot down by Russians, opposition leader claims

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Turkish jet shot down by Russians, opposition leader claims

www.hurriyet dailynews.com

The Turkish military jet that went down off Syrian coast on June 22 was shot down by the Russians, not the Syrian military, an opposition party leader has claimed.

“There are currently two Russian war ships and a Russian frigate in Latakia harbor,” Masum Türker, leader of the Democratic Left Party (DSP) said today in an interview with TV8. “One of them, Admiral Chabanenko, has the technology to detect the slightest action in the air.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.ibtimes.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Syria Shoots Down Turkish Jet, Turkish Navy Massing, Article 4 NATO Treaty Invoked...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Not sure what to make of this or if I even believe it, but can it be discounted, I don't know. One thing to remember is the MP making the claim is from the opposition party to Ankara so opposing the official story seems likely.

However I doubt if we'll ever really know what happened or who was involved in shooting down the jet. I mean seriously who can we believe, the West or the Eastern media.

edit on 26-6-2012 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Regardless of what actually happened WW3 I'm afraid is right round the corner..

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Im tired of waiting for it, honestly. Would just like to get it over with

edit on 6/26/2012 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Agreed, the drums of war have been beating for a while. They just seem to be getting louder more recently!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Well if it is true then the a/c must have been well within Syrian airspace, since the SA-N-9 SAM caried by that ship class has an operational range of only 7.5 miles

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

the SA-N-11 also carried is a CIWS - a last ditch missile defence like the British Sea Dart, and carries a "warhead" of steel rods and cubes - no explosives, with a range of 5-6 miles

en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I bet all those fundee end tirmers are getting all stiff over an imminent WW3.

I wonder how many of these fundees are going to be left behind with us after the rapture? I know I going to keep a couple of fundees as pets

edit on 26-6-2012 by Ilovecatbinlady because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
I bet all those fundee end tirmers are get all stiff over the imminent WW3.
I wonder how many of these fundees are going to be left behind with us?

They think it's awesome, until one Nuclear Bomb drops in their country and it's straight to the store for 100 pack of toilet paper.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
First it was in syrian airspace, then it was in international airspace, syria shot it down, now russia shot it down

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Mickey Mouse went to Damascus one day .

A local cat wanted to eat poor little Mickey .

Mickey run and hid in a crack on a wall .

Then a dog started to bark loudly , Mickey thought the cat must of been gone .

Mickey wondered outside of his crack and the cat pounced on him .

But where is the dog Mickey asked .

This is Middle East my lovely dinner said the cat .

Even cats speak two languages around here !

Moral of the story ?

Ask the Russian Defence minister .

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Well I can see Russia doing this, they might have something to hide in Syria considering they have a base there. Turkey just doesn't want to claim Russia did it and start a sh*t storm. Either way even if Syria shot it down it was with Russian hardware.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

,, he was lit up ,, the pilot knew then WHO it was who took him out,,AND shot at the rescue attempt??

hmmm V. Putin better show some Tribal courtesy,, or Russia might turn Syria into another Afganistan, again,, for themselves,,wouldnt want that.
i dont think.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

tell the minister,, that Jazz and Mickey mouse ,,went out with the COLD WAR.
what dont remember East/West Berlin?

wasnt exactly "workers paradice."

and if u have too ask which side.
go away.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedal

Not sure what to make of this or if I even believe it, but can it be discounted, I don't know. One thing to remember is the MP making the claim is from the opposition party to Ankara so opposing the official story seems likely.

However I doubt if we'll ever really know what happened or who was involved in shooting down the jet. I mean seriously who can we believe, the West or the Eastern media.

Russia helped. *BREAKING* Russia Arms Syria with "Ship Killers"

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by knoledgeispower

I was right (doesn't happen a lot
). Russian hardware.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedal

Regardless if they actually fired on the jet or not it was still Russia's doing. Russia armed Syria's air defense system, trained them how to do it, and according to some sources actually assist in manning their air defense systems. So one way or another Russia had some part in the attack.

BUT.. I have to say .. it was Turkey's fault. Everyone seems to be ignoring that a Turkish fighter jet was invading Syrian air space.. a completely legitimate attack considering the elevated alertness in Syria right now.

It'd be like me breaking into your home and then complaining when you shoot me.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by knoledgeispower

Originally posted by Daedal

Russia helped. *BREAKING* Russia Arms Syria with "Ship Killers"

You are trying to link the P-800 Yakhont anti-ship missile system with an aircraft shoot-down.

Apples and oranges...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Daedal

Regardless if they actually fired on the jet or not it was still Russia's doing. Russia armed Syria's air defense system, trained them how to do it, and according to some sources actually assist in manning their air defense systems. So one way or another Russia had some part in the attack.

BUT.. I have to say .. it was Turkey's fault. Everyone seems to be ignoring that a Turkish fighter jet was invading Syrian air space.. a completely legitimate attack considering the elevated alertness in Syria right now.

It'd be like me breaking into your home and then complaining when you shoot me.

I agree. If in fact Turkey was invading Syrian airspace, then of course the response was going to be as such, so what's all the uproar about. They had to of known what the response was going to be for encroachment. Very fishy.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
reply to post by 23432

tell the minister,, that Jazz and Mickey mouse ,,went out with the COLD WAR.
what dont remember East/West Berlin?

wasnt exactly "workers paradice."

and if u have too ask which side.
go away.

Kreuzberg is home to me .

You probably presume that I am supporting Assad regime .

I don't support the current Syrian regime .

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Drunkenparrot

Russia supplied Syria with SA-10 air defense system so it's makes perfect sense for this to be something supplied by Russia as well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join