It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House threatens polygraphs for leakers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
The Hill
By Jeremy Herb - 06/25/12

The Obama Administration has apparently issued a directive that says officials at the CIA, FBI and other intelligence agencies will be given expanded polygraph tests

W-H-A-T ??

Note the emphasis:

"aimed at stamping out national-security leaks"

Well I guess that solves that.

No more problems and Obama looks Real Strong and "authoritative"

Officials at the CIA, FBI and other intelligence agencies will be given expanded polygraph tests under a new Obama administration directive aimed at stamping out national-security leaks.

James Clapper, the director of national intelligence, on Monday announced a series of steps intended to stop the leaks after a furious backlash from Congress over news reports that revealed closely guarded secrets.

The most significant measure is the addition of a new question to the polygraph tests that are used by intelligence agencies. Officials will be asked during the lie-detector tests whether they have disclosed classified information to members of the media, according to Shawn Turner, a spokesman for Clapper.

Are they "Missing" anybody here ??

Like Maybe the campaign staff ?

Or "Higher" "Officials" ?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Things are getting to be too crazy... next thing you know, we'll have marshal law, huh? I wouldn't doubt it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

edit on 26-6-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
"stop telling people what we are doing! You are making us look bad!"
Anyone with an ounce of reasoning can see that it isn't the leaker that's making them look bad, but the stuff they leak. Maybe the admin should clean up it's act and it wouldn't look so bad. Instead they opt for more secrecy and hidden agendas because what they do is not favorable. It just boggles my mind that THIS is the most transparent administration.

"hope" and "change" huh? Vague, easy to chant slogans that you can't possibly be against. Propaganda at its finest.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Actually I think that this is a good idea...to find out who within the intelligence ranks are leaking information...because if some of them are...the information they are leaking could put the U.S. in danger...(more danger than we already are that is).

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Polygraph tests are not reliable. They aren't even allowed be used as evidence in a court trial.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Actually, letting the American people know that the Obama administration has a Kill List that has American citizens on it puts no one in danger except for the Obama administration.

I mean, you do know what a whistle blower is, right? It's someone who alerts the public to illegal activities in business and government. I hardly think that knowing about illegal activity by our government puts us in any danger.
edit on 6/26/2012 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Obviously by my initial response...I am not referring to whistle-blowers...and information they think the common public should know.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Actually I think that this is a good idea...to find out who within the intelligence ranks are leaking information...because if some of them are...the information they are leaking could put the U.S. in danger...(more danger than we already are that is).

While that is all well and good,

I would bet that the "White House" knows full well who is "leaking" information

Most of the leaks (if not all) have been campaign tactics.

And I bet more that the sneaky "White House" is paying back some old contributors in the way of fees and contracts for these "Lie Detector" "tests".

And of course, this is a great "appeasement" tactic to take the heat off of the real stove-top all while making Obama & Co. look "strong" and "patriotic".

I think Obama should be the first one "Tested".

After all, he should be the one setting the example .... Right?

edit on Jun-26-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I am a whistleblower who got squashed into financial ruin, don't get me started.

I cared about human lives more than just doing my job, I tried working within their system, and realized the system in place is just for show, something that looks good on paper, but is never applied in reality.

Profits > human life. You're either with them, or you're a terrorist.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Obviously by my initial response...I am not referring to whistle-blowers...and information they think the common public should know.

Not to flame you but, where do you draw the line on "whistle blowers" and "leaks", if a person is trusted to maintain certain material classified, then there is no line. A whistle blower and a leak is the same thing, and both acts are are acts of treason.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mileysubet

Ok...have it your way...you are right...and I am mistaken....feel better now? Peace out.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Look at it this way, if you were on a list a Kill List that the Obama administration had drawn up, would you want to know? Would it not be your right to know why the government would want you dead?

It's not treasonous to blow the whistle on illegal activity. In fact, if whistle blowing were treason there would be no laws in place to protect whistle blowers. But, we do have laws that do just that. What treason is, for example, giving away secrets about top secret military aircraft to a foreign nation. Now, if said aircraft actually were to be used to kill American citizens suspected of being terrorists or having ties to terrorism then someone leaking that info about list would not be committing treason. They would be saving innocent lives.
edit on 6/26/2012 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
They are posing. Everyone knows that Obama knew about it and ok-ed it.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Not to flame you but, where do you draw the line on "whistle blowers" and "leaks", if a person is trusted to maintain certain material classified, then there is no line. A whistle blower and a leak is the same thing, and both acts are are acts of treason.

Is it treason for a president to engage in extra-judicial killings?

Maybe the government is in treason.

Maybe it is patriotic to blow the whistle and leak.

Anyhow, it is moot in this case, since Obama himself is behind the approval for the "leaks". Someone needs to commit treason and leak the details about that.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Things are getting to be too crazy... next thing you know, we'll have marshal law, huh? I wouldn't doubt it.

It is martial law not marshal law.

Does anyone know if the martial law that Lincoln declared was ever officially rescinded?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
How about a polygraph for Holder and Napolitano for starters?? Regarding F and F...

This is ridiculous puffery by the WH considering that the WH IS most likely the source of these calculated leaks for political gain. The real story we should be discussing is the truth and reality regarding how Obama's administration handles TRUE whistleblowers who seek to reveal the cold truth.

What happened to the Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989? It's been overruled by the Espionage Act.

There is a fine line that leakers walk and I understand that and I also understand the notion of National Security interests and the protection of human assets.

It's complicated.

Good Article on the subject
www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 26-6-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Strange, I always thought a whistleblower exposes illegal or unconstitutional (one and the same really) activity...? We wouldn't want any of that crazy stuff called justice going on around here, now would we? I heard that the superdevil feeds off of it... Starve the superdevil! No justice! It's like food to him!

Don't try TOO hard to hide the fact of which side you are on in the fight between good and evil now...

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Is Obama going to take one?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Polygraph tests are not reliable. They aren't even allowed be used as evidence in a court trial.

Yep. They are useless. They can't be admitted. People can easily manipulate them and pass them when they are guilty and people who are innocent often times don't pass because they are so nervous.

Ya'll should watch Maury sometime ... the wonky people who agree to take lie detector tests ...

The fact that the Obama administration doesn't know this basic fact, that they are totally unreliable, is astounding. I knew that they weren't bright .. but this takes the cake.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join