It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House threatens polygraphs for leakers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I would bet that the "White House" knows full well who is "leaking" information

Now that you mention it ... I bet they do too. I wouldn't doubt that they are planting what they want leaked and what they don't want leaked. Maybe this 'threatening a polygraph' is for show .. to throw people off .. to try to make people think that they aren't really leaking info when in fact they obviously really are.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
Polygraph tests are not reliable. They aren't even allowed be used as evidence in a court trial.

I know! That's what I was thinking.
I guess they will probably use it as a tool to instigated further investigation into certain individuals...? What they define as "investigating", I do not want to find out!

But yeah... You would think they might have a better method than polygraph. Truth serum perhaps? I tend to believe this could be a kickback contract, and also meant to convey a certain image to the public. It could also be a way to get rid of the last vestiges of men and women with integrity... Someone isn't going along with the flow, their polygraph is put under the microscope until some doubt can be justified, and so they are put under "further investigation" (see above), until they either go crazy and say what they want to hear, or resign. Others notice and step in line with the program or follow suit and resign, reminded that they are still, of course, under oath. The most worrisome will be taken care of, which will provide a further example to others. But then that's just my wild imagination
But c'mon...truth serum? That's not too far fetched is it now?

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by xuenchen
Maybe this 'threatening a polygraph' is for show .. to throw people off .. to try to make people think that they aren't really leaking info when in fact they obviously really are.

They are maniacally wicked.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Wow, this administration really is CLUELESS, aren't they? I mean, pandering around with the threat of a "lie-detector" may have worked in the seventies or eighties, but now it is just offensive! Do they seriously think so little of us to believe we are seriously that ignorant?

Well, obviously they do!

Even Obama supporters should be insulted by this! Actually, they should be more offended than anyone, as it is a direct assault on their intelligence.

I'm seriously amazed at how out of touch this administration is. I sometimes wonder if any of them have ever set foot in the real world, or at least watched a sitcom or television series in the past decade.

Obama probably still uses a blackberry!

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It's not the lie detector itself per se, it's the psychological effect it has on people. The true "lie detector" is the person who is reading the results of the interview. Also, you can affect the machine with your sphincter muscle.

It's all about the psychology, not the machine. Sometimes psychological tricks will trip up a person and influence them to reveal themselves as liars.

posted on Jun, 26 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
Things are getting to be too crazy... next thing you know, we'll have marshal law, huh? I wouldn't doubt it.

What? You do realize that CIA and FBI must already take Lie Detector tests? This would expand it to search for the leaks. How does testing CIA and FBI lead to Marshall law?

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Looks like the leaks are being plugged. No major newsworthy leaks in almost 2 weeks. We're now turning our attention from Russia and Leaks, to STATUES.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Polygraphs are notoriously unreliable.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

You do realize this thread is from 2012 right?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join